My beautiful girl has gone missing

kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
Forum Member
I got a phone call today to say that my girl had disappeared from the house. We had someone in fixing the boiler and it seems like he held the door open to come in and out of the house and she slipped through. I have searched for her hours, all the parks we go to, anywhere I've ever taken her for a walk, the neighbours gardens, everywhere. I have called local council, dog wardens, police and battersea. Registered in numerous lost and found pet websites and ask friends to share on Facebook. I have cried non stop for the past hour, the house is so empty without her, I feel devastated. I am so worried about her. It's so cold - she hates the cold, she's so friendly she'll go with anyone. She's a staff mix so I worry about people picking her up and with the rep staffs have do something awful to her. My partner went out looking for her as soon as he realised she was gone, she was nowhere to be seen. Tomorrow I make up posters and ring around the vets.

She's isn't microchipped and it's all my fault because I kept putting it off. I feel like I'm never going to see her again. I don't know what I'll do without her, she's my best friend.

Comments

• Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Kitty, I am so sorry.
    Do not lose heart she may well come home on her own accord.
    Put posters up and keep calling the homes etc.
    x
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Hi Summer Breeze,

Thankfully I got a text at 7am this morning to say she had been found safe and well!

She was taken in by a lovely family who looked after her until the dog warden came and after seeing my post on a website contacted me to let me know. The lady called me to tell me what a darling my girl was and how the whole family had fallen in love with her for the hour she had been with them. She was returned home by the warden at 11am.
    She is going to be chipped and laden down with tags carrying information by this weekend. Don't ever want to go through that again!
    Just can't wait to get home and give her some massive cuddles

Xx
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Hi Summer Breeze,

Thankfully I got a text at 7am this morning to say she had been found safe and well!

She was taken in by a lovely family who looked after her until the dog warden came and after seeing my post on a website contacted me to let me know. The lady called me to tell me what a darling my girl was and how the whole family had fallen in love with her for the hour she had been with them. She was returned home by the warden at 11am.
    She is going to be chipped and laden down with tags carrying information by this weekend. Don't ever want to go through that again!

Xx

I'm so pleased to hear that Kitty :)

I wish that my cat, Bungle would come home. She's been gone since June :(
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm delighted for you, Kitty, that your girl has been found safe and well and returned to you. I'm not totally in favour of collars for cats (but all of ours are chipped - and tattooed as that's standard in France) but I think they're vital for dogs. Even if a dog is not allowed out alone, a collar with a tag (phone number, owner's name and post code) is such a easy way to identify them and doesn't need visits to vets for scans etc.

Mimi, don't give up hope. There's a good news story on the BBC site today about a cat who has been reunited with its original owners after 12 years! And there are plenty of other good news stories over the years. Even if Bugle doesn't come back, there's every chance she's having a very good life elsewhere. But I do understand how distressing not knowing is.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this.
    So pleased for you :)
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Hi Summer Breeze,

Xx

That's wonderful news Kitty! I am so happy for you. Reunited for Christmas. You are so lucky.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    Can I ask for some recommended lost and found pet sites. A neighbour has lost a cat and is devastated I would love to try and help.
    Thanks
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a happy ending. :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Did you see the facebook page set up at the end of September by a young couple whos cockapoo had gone missing?

Over 15,000 people following the page, sharing information on their facebook pages trying to help find the lost dog.

Unfortunately there has been a very sad outcome in this case but sharing info on facebook can often help in reuniting lost pets with their owners.

I did see that and am so shocked at how they found Willow :cry:

I hope they can find out what happen as they must be going through hell not knowing.

FB and Twitter do come into their own when there are missing pets. I seem to be sharing way to many each day :(
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I did see that and am so shocked at how they found Willow :cry:

I hope they can find out what happen as they must be going through hell not knowing.

FB and Twitter do come into their own when there are missing pets. I seem to be sharing way to many each day :(

I click on to Willows page now and again to see if there are any updates but every time I see her sweet face it makes me cry. Poor dog, the thought that she may have suffered is heartbreaking. It's upset me so much, I can imagine how devastated her poor owners are. Whist I can understand their need to find out exactly what happened to Willow I can't help thinking if they did find out it might make their pain even worse.:(

Even though nothing can ease their pain right now it's great to see how much love and support they are getting from people on facebook.
    Forum Member
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I click on to Willows page now and again to see if there are any updates but every time I see her sweet face it makes me cry. Poor dog, the thought that she may have suffered is heartbreaking. It's upset me so much, I can imagine how devastated her poor owners are. Whist I can understand their need to find out exactly what happened to Willow I can't help thinking if they did find out it might make their pain even worse.:(

Even though nothing can ease their pain right now it's great to see how much love and support they are getting from people on facebook.

I think I would rather know what happen. As not knowing can eat away at you for years.

I think because the owners were not the ones to lose Willow that is why they are pushing so hard to find out what happened.

They do have amazing support and hope they get the answer they need to move on.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is good news
    Walking my doggie on my way home a lady holding onto dog on a lead in driveway of her home asked me if I knew the doggie which looked like a staffie which was wagging his/her tail.
    She found the doggie running up and down the street
    I did not,she asked me what to do,advised her to phone the vet,her one was miles away so gave her my dog's vet number.
    She was going to walk doggie to park to see if owner/peoplewere seaching for doggie
    I told her that the vet will be able to see if doggie was microchipped ,doggie had no id on him/her and dog warden may be called.
    I could not go with her to the park to help as had to go to town to collect my turkey.
    I asked her if she sees me in passing to stop me and let me know about doggie
    Forum Member
    That is good news
    Walking my doggie on my way home a lady holding onto dog on a lead in driveway of her home asked me if I knew the doggie which looked like a staffie which was wagging his/her tail.
    She found the doggie running up and down the street
    I did not,she asked me what to do,advised her to phone the vet,her one was miles away so gave her my dog's vet number.
    She was going to walk doggie to park to see if owner/peoplewere seaching for doggie
    I told her that the vet will be able to see if doggie was microchipped ,doggie had no id on him/her and dog warden may be called.
    I could not go with her to the park to help as had to go to town to collect my turkey.
    I asked her if she sees me in passing to stop me and let me know about doggie

Aww. Hope he/she found her owners.
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Willow. That's why I would never use those dog walker companies. I won't let mine out of my site. I am not blaming the owners, poor things, my heart goes out to them but anything can happen when they are out in a group of other dogs. A loud bang, anything can cause them to bolt.:cry:

Perhaps I am being over cautious but my dogs are my life...
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been well over past week,so not gone out
    Up to the point when I was well not seen the lady
    I also not spotted any posters so lets hope no news is good news