What do you think of Louis Theroux?

13»

Comments

• itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about hindsight is, you see what you want to see. To me in the documentary JS seemed a bit eccentric, but not harmful to anyone.

The same as MJ and MC. You don't really know anyone including joe public, how many people are up to things behind closed doors, these people are well known, how many normal people got up to the same stuff at the time, I bet its thousands.

Somehow I don't think the cases would get as much money thrown at them if the accused was a normal member of public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    The thing about hindsight is, you see what you want to see. To me in the documentary JS seemed a bit eccentric, but not harmful to anyone.

The same as MJ and MC. You don't really know anyone including joe public, how many people are up to things behind closed doors, these people are well known, how many normal people got up to the same stuff at the time, I bet its thousands.

Somehow I don't think the cases would get as much money thrown at them if the accused was a normal member of public.

You don't think that investigations would be made if ''Normal'' members of the public were suspected of ''Kiddy Fiddling''. I think ''normal'' members of the public would not have evaded justice for as long if they were up to what JS and MC were.
    And every penny spent is not ''thrown'' at it it's very well spent in my opinion.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    This has completely derailed off topic now.

Whats everyones fav interview?
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of most hated family in America doc. LT has the ability to let the people he's talking to feel comfortable and they open up, usually providing us with the knowledge that they are mad, scary or downright evil.
    Saville one gave me the creeps. Hope he rots.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's great. He has a fantastic knack of asking probing questions without the interviewee feeling they are being judged (by him), and clamming up.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has completely derailed off topic now.

Whats everyones fav interview?

I enjoyed the Hamiltons. A slightly tipsy Christine Hamilton flirting with Louis after Neil had gone to bed was very entertaining :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I think he's great. He has a fantastic knack of asking probing questions without the interviewee feeling they are being judged (by him), and clamming up.

This is what makes me love his documentaries. He seems to have a knack for doing this in a way that I've never come across in another documentary maker before.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    I'm a fan of most hated family in America doc. LT has the ability to let the people he's talking to feel comfortable and they open up, usually providing us with the knowledge that they are mad, scary or downright evil.
    Saville one gave me the creeps. Hope he rots.

In that most hated family one, I thought he really got through to Jael. She was the one showing him round most and looked like she had a thing for Louis. But when he went back she was a lot more hardened and basically like her mother. She's now married with a kid but still in the family!
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    In that most hated family one, I thought he really got through to Jael. She was the one showing him round most and looked like she had a thing for Louis. But when he went back she was a lot more hardened and basically like her mother. She's now married with a kid but still in the family!

Why exactly are they most hated family? Never heard of them in the news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why exactly are they most hated family? Never heard of them in the news.

Protest at soldiers funerals, saying they're glad they died. Stuff like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news! Louis is back on Sunday BBC2 9pm. He's going around a prison in American looking at how responsible someone is for a crime when mental illness comes into play.