British Child/Teen Actors

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone else out there think that here, in the U.K. we have the best child/teen actors in the world.
The soaps and CITV/CBBC programmes seem to find extremely good actors among the young ones.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes...hence why I would love to become a TV presenter...its quite easy to get in contact with the likes of CBBC, I think they like teens....the girl who plays Tracy Beaker is exceptionally good ((excpet for her irritating voice))...i also quite like Fearne Cotton who is quite talented.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I think Dev's daughter in Corrie is wonderful. She has great comic timing and is a great little actress. Hopefully they will develop her storyline and she will get more TV time. She is a find. Anyone know anything about her??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mowbray wrote:
    Does anyone else out there think that here, in the U.K. we have the best child/teen actors in the world.
    The soaps and CITV/CBBC programmes seem to find extremely good actors among the young ones.

I would have said that American kids were probably more talented.

The only really famous UK young actors/actresses that I can think of that hae been successful worldwide are the ones from Harry Potter. Most blockbusting films tend to cast American kids. I could be wrong though as I am not really a film buff.

Although I have to say-little Tom Cunningham in Hollyoaks is probably one of the best actors in the show!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    cel_001 wrote:
    Although I have to say-little Tom Cunningham in Hollyoaks is probably one of the best actors in the show!!
    Best actor in the history of the show! he is ridiculously cute.
  • .::boombastic::.::boombastic:: Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dev's daughter in Corrie is wonderful. She has great comic timing and is a great little actress. Hopefully they will develop her storyline and she will get more TV time. She is a find. Anyone know anything about her??
    She played Meera Syal in Myra Syals movie of her childhood "Anita and Me" but the characters are under different names.
  • LoubeeLoubee Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with American teen actors and actresses is that they never seem to come up enough - practically every other successful US show set in a high-school has a cast of early to mid-twenties sporting trainers and rucksacks! Not that it is in relation to their talent, but I'd say, that in Britain we're better at finding real kids to play real kids, as opposed to letting adults having a bash at it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that the kid in the Kellogg's Frosties ads would be included here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I feel quite sorry for the kid in the Frostie's ad. He's clearly hating it but secretly hoping it will be his path to stardom!

Tom from Hollyoaks is the greatest child actor bar none.
    There have been some great aussie kid actors too. Bree from Neighbours cracks me up!
    The worst child actors ever have to be Helen's kids on Doctors.
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Yes Tom from Hollyoaks is the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel quite sorry for the kid in the Frostie's ad. He's clearly hating it but secretly hoping it will be his path to stardom!

Hating it? I am not sure that it's the impression I get when watching the ad. If anything, I have the impression that he's enjoying being the star player there. Even Tony the Tiger seems to have a supporting role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Tom from Hollyoaks looks very much like TJ from Emmerdale. Anyone know if they are related?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would definetly say British child actors are of a much higher calibre than American child actors; a lot of the latter always come across as so cheesy and unrealistic. I know this sounds bad but theres been certain kid actors in American films who I've felt like punching because they sound like Nikki from BB! :o And its always the same friggin' storyline, like the kid's mum is always dead for some reason, "Daddy, I wish Mom was still around..." Argh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Highmore in Finding Neverland was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote:
    I would have said that American kids were probably more talented.

The only really famous UK young actors/actresses that I can think of that hae been successful worldwide are the ones from Harry Potter. Most blockbusting films tend to cast American kids. I could be wrong though as I am not really a film buff.

I don't think any country has a monopoly on talented (or untalented) child actors, frankly.
    Forum Member
    Someone else who was a great child actor is Lee Ross, who is now Owen in East enders. :)
  • v0idv0id Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mowbray wrote:

Yeah, cause most teen actors in the US are actually about 20 - 30 years old :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    SOOBOO wrote:
    Someone else who was a great child actor is Lee Ross, who is now Owen in East enders. :)

he looks familiar what did he used to be in????? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Pressgang.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the young actors are OK, but then there are others who are straight out of a school play production and act like little gangster-chav types, as was the case in Johnny and the Bomb, that Sunday evening kids' show on a couple of months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    SOOBOO wrote:
    Pressgang.

And now in Catherine Tate :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now in Catherine Tate :)

The husband in the Essex-y couple "What have youuuuuuuu dooooooooooooone?"
    Forum Member
    ruffalo wrote:
    The husband in the Essex-y couple "What have youuuuuuuu dooooooooooooone?"

Yeah, I can't watch him without thinking he's going to to pull the faces he does in it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't watch him without thinking he's going to to pull the faces he does in it :D

Oh I know!!! "You. Are. Mental." :D
    Forum Member
    ruffalo wrote:
    Oh I know!!! "You. Are. Mental." :D

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    belle in emmerdale think shes soooo funny!