Options

What are your thoughts on Amy (Emmerdale)?

-Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's rapidly growing on me.

I enjoy the rapport she has with Val. They have some good banter but they also bring out the softer side of one another. I liked how Amy showed her loyalty to Eric tonight as well.

There's also a nice bond there with Victoria who is at a bit of a loose end.

Yes she's another feisty lass but there's something quite endearing about Amy too. She comes with an interesting story.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her rather a lot. Very capable actress. It's easy to see she's related to Jill Halfpenny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    I like her rather a lot. Very capable actress. It's easy to see she's related to Jill Halfpenny!

Oh is she? I didn't know that!

What's the connection?
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her! I hate how she has just turned up and is all of a sudden so important to everyone. I am hoping that the guy Michael who is trying to blackmail Eric is her dad and they are working together so when this storyline is finished she will be off.
    I never liked her aunt in anything either.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight she went up several notches in my estimation. I liked her defending Eric.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Oh is she? I didn't know that!

What's the connection?
    I think I read she's her niece.

It's got me thinking about the days of Kate Mitchell in EE now. She was fabulous.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I liked her instantly. She has a very likeable cheekiness and confidence. Her and alicia have been excellent additions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    I liked her instantly. She has a very likeable cheekiness and confidence. Her and alicia have been excellent additions

Yes, I'm a big fan of Alicia's too :)
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my mind, Kate from EE would be shagging Max instead of intolerable Afghan.

Also I like Amy very much. She's grown on me.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Really like her. Like that little trio in the B&B.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    She's rapidly growing on me.

I enjoy the rapport she has with Val. They have some good banter but they also bring out the softer side of one another. I liked how Amy showed her loyalty to Eric tonight as well.

There's also a nice bond there with Victoria who is at a bit of a loose end.

Yes she's another feisty lass but there's something quite endearing about Amy too. She comes with an interesting story.

quoted 4 truth & i agree its a mini val and loads of potential,i just hope she dont start the fire.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her too but i want to know what her story is.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I love the geordie accent .
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    I love the geordie accent .

This too.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her. I think she's brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I dip in and out of Emmerdale but i like her and her double acts with Val and Victoria
  • Options
    clerkyclerky Posts: 1,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. She's feisty and doesn't take any crap from anyone but is probably hiding a more vulnerable side. Looking forward to seeing her character being explored a bit more next year.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the chances that she's one of Elizabeth's grandchildren? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like her but she really needs to change the colour of her foundation. Couldnt help but stare at the tide mark on her face 2nite lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her but she's so orange she's nearly glowing:o:D
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Amy! Its nice that she has'nt been brought in with a family, she has just ended up their, it was the same with Leyla, they come in as these little minor characters that everyone thinks is just a temprorary stint, and then they grow into more a major character. I did read somewhere though she is a relative of Vals.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacqui.b wrote: »
    i like her but she really needs to change the colour of her foundation. Couldnt help but stare at the tide mark on her face 2nite lol

Agree with this.

I like her - she would make a good foster daughter for Val and they can understand each other's accents ;). Although I think Val's is more Wallsend and Amy is more Felling I think. Saying that as a Geordie in the Midlands who is greeted with blank stares to some of the things I come out with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I love Amy - hope she stays
  • Options
    Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Amy, she was a bit annoying at the start with the fake story about being a nurse but she and Val are good together. I like her friendship with Victoria too.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Amy, bit of a random way to introduce a character, but Val and her together is gold.

Helps that she's hot too.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Amy and Val are both from the north east, I wonder whether this is a build-up to a storyline in which Val had a secret lovechild before meeting Eric, and that Amy turns out to be Val's long-lost daughter.