1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    paulbds wrote: »
    I should have put the price in

£104.96 with free delivery??

i have not connection with the company (apart from a potential customer!)

Paulbds, i just searched for an Echostar on that website link you gave," no product found" it said. I would leave well alone, the price is a clue, pretty ridiculous if you ask me.:eek:
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Either a mistake or dodgy, look on Google shopping or ciao to see if the site has (m)any ratings.
  • Options
    slimgymslimgym Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I couldn't see it for sale there either. They take credit cards so you should be ok, but there is no contact address anywhere on the site and no phone number, just a microsoft email address. The DNS comes back to what seems to be a residential postcode and has been registered since January this year.

I would be very surprised if a small business could get it at a price that cheap to be able to sell it at a profit, add shipping.

I think at Amazons price it's a steal (John Lewis have it at £219). You're much more likely to actually get something if you order from somewhere you know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    www.satbuyer.co.uk also have the Echostar600 for £174.95 + £5 p+p, comes with a 2yr warranty too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    www.satbuyer.co.uk also have the Echostar600 for £174.95 + £5 p+p, comes with a 2yr warranty too. :)

EU rules require 2 year warranties anyway. Interestingly, Apple were recently slammed for trying to evade this.
    http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3349185/eu-law-forces-apple-two-year-warranty/
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    although page 40 claims to show how to set manual recording time on my box { version 121 R } the instructions dont work.

Has anyone being able to make a manual recording ?

and how did you manage it ?

Anyone having remote problems { another remote may have similar codes and has reprogrammed the unit by error. }

This key combination may reset it:

- Point the remote at the unit
    - Press & hold down the "right" and "OK" key for >5 s
    - Remote LED will flash twice
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EU rules require 2 year warranties anyway. Interestingly, Apple were recently slammed for trying to evade this.
    http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3349185/eu-law-forces-apple-two-year-warranty/

Off topic but not strictly true, EU rulings on this subject don't apply within the UK where UK laws take presidence; the UK never signed up to this agreement, so whilst most retailers will roll over to any suggestion of the EU directive (through lack of knowledge) it wouldn't stand up in court if the retailer refused.

The case of Apple is linked to Italy, Spain etc, not the UK, though I think Apple have put a blanket warranty increase across all EU countries just to be sure.
  • Options
    paulbdspaulbds Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the tips re the "dodgy" site
    i will buy from Amazon or another trusted online retailer

Paul
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    The Digibox shop also sells the Echostar box for £215, but you can get a 5% Discount if you use this Code at the Checkout FBFIVE

Here is the Links you need http://www.thedigiboxshop.com/freesat-plus-hd-digital-boxes-echostar-hds-600rs-slingloaded-freesat-plus-hd-500gb-pvr.html
    http://www.facebook.com/thedigiboxshop?v=app_4949752878
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Digibox shop also sells the Echostar box for £215, but you can get a 5% Discount if you use this Code at the Checkout FBFIVE

Here is the Links you need http://www.thedigiboxshop.com/freesat-plus-hd-digital-boxes-echostar-hds-600rs-slingloaded-freesat-plus-hd-500gb-pvr.html
    http://www.facebook.com/thedigiboxshop?v=app_4949752878

Why would a person want to pay £200+ from Digibox even with 5% off when the PVR is available from Amazon or Satbuyer for around the £180 mark? :eek:
  • Options
    EurobinEurobin Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone help.

I've just received my echostar today, but I'm having a problem with my Slingbox ID

When I add a device in Slingbox.com website I enter the Slingbox ID code and the password

I get

"Invalid Sling ID"

Can anyone help
    Hi,
    I have just purchased an EchoStar HDS-600RS and have the same issue as you.

I was just wondering, did you manage to get the issue resolved?
    I have spoken to Slingbox support and they have said I need to send the box back which I find quite strange for a seemingly minor error (everything else seems to be functioning fine).

Would be most grateful for any feedback, as I could not see any responses to your post in this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    current price £177 potentially with free delivery

price appears to have plateaud

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/EchoStar-HDS-600RS-SlingLoaded-Anywhere-recorder/product/B004S9OT92

I googled to see if anyone had tried to hack their box or use custom firmware, didn't turn up much. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Eurobin wrote: »
    I have spoken to Slingbox support and they have said I need to send the box back which I find quite strange for a seemingly minor error (everything else seems to be functioning fine).

Would be most grateful for any feedback, as I could not see any responses to your post in this thread.

I think I had the same issue with mine which I purchased last week.

In the end I just clicked on watch while on my home network making sure to use the admin password from the HDS. It then started playing even though I hadn't added the device in my account. If I didn't use the admin account I just got an error message about lack of internet connectivity,

Now when I log in remotely it connects fine and starts to play.
    However If I click on slingbox directory it says my slingbox cannot be located even though it was just playing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Just tried again and managed to register my box.
    Watch out for 0 (zero) and O (Letter O) in the sling ID

That was the cause of my invalid sling ID error.
  • Options
    EurobinEurobin Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GARYM wrote: »
    Just tried again and managed to register my box.
    Watch out for 0 (zero) and O (Letter O) in the sling ID

That was the cause of my invalid sling ID error.
    I was careful of the possible 0 (zero) and O (Letter O) issue and did copy/paste the ID in.

It was still giving the error message but has now been accepted after doing a "factory reset", now showing in "Slingbox Directory" which it wasn't before.

Unfortunately I still have not been able to watch over internet due to it now saying quality/connection issues. It works fine in my home network which is also one of the reasons I opted for the Slingbox over Humax.

Crazy that support recommend sending back although a reset seems to have solved the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I decided to have a poke about under the skin of my echostar box. results discussed here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1640173-hacking-echostar-hds-600rs-get-custom-firmware.html
  • Options
    DaveCheltenhamDaveCheltenham Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to use ITV HD Subtitles for the first time and crashes consistently after about 5 seconds. Seems OK on all other channels/subtitles so have no idea what the cause is. I note at least one other person has had crashing with subtitles.

It resets and boots up again but you need to keep changing the channel while booting to get out of the loop. A side effect of the crashing was to only have the right hand channel via the HDMI which could only be fixed by a full factory reset.

This seems to be a firmware problem so hopefully, Echostar will fix it on the next update and I will report it to them.

I can only get surround sound via the optical out and not via the HDMI connector; is this normal?

Regards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I found the same re. ITV HD subs, very annoying. I couldn't change the channel away from ITV HD fast enough to escape from the box crashing. I waited until the next day when the channel was off-air and then changed away from it :)