Options

Gran Turismo 6

2»

Comments

• Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IN game music is on the far left of the home screen under 'Gallery'.

If you want to use your own music in the game then on the home screen press start to bring up the menu in top/right then Options, Sound, User BGM.

Cheers Stefmesister. What a truly stupid place for it to be.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Cheers Stefmesister. What a truly stupid place for it to be.

Lol, who would have thought of under sound options!
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I'm loving Gran Turismo 6. The game is a hell of a lot better than GT5 and the physics have been largely improved. The wide variety of events and tracks is really impressive and the way you progress in the game, unlocking new cars and special events is brilliant and I love the new star earning system in this game. The mix of day and night racing is also fantastic. It's so cool to drive on Spa and Bathurst at night :)

It's also good to see there are no endurance races in the game at least not yet! I hated those 50 plus lap races in GT5. I'm quite surprised there is also no B Spec races in GT6 as these have been i think in every GT game to date. Again I'm glad as I never really touched B Spec at all in GT5 only occasionally to help boost my driver level.

Overall though a fantastic sequel which puts GT5 to shame :)
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised there is also no B Spec races in GT6 as these have been i think in every GT game to date.

B-spec was only introduced in GT4, there was a plan to have a b-spec edition of GT3 but it was eventually just absorbed into GT4.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours of b-spec as an update.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    It's also good to see there are no endurance races in the game at least not yet! I hated those 50 plus lap races in GT5.
    I'm the opposite, I enjoyed the longer races in the past GT games, Much more of a challenge compared to the shorter races which are over before you even have time to really get into them.

The 24hr races were a pain in GT5 (Should have allowed you to swap driving duties with a B-spec driver Mid-race like in GT4), But the 1-2hr races were a lot of fun & closer to the sort of race lengths you get in real life at the higher levels.

Anyway so far im enjoying the driving in GT6 far more than I was in GT5 thanks to the big improved in the handling & physics. With a good wheel you can now really feel what the cars doing & its now a much more predictable experience, Car no longer suddenly snaps with no warning as was the case most of the time in past titles. You can feel the car begin to slide & correct accordingly.

The downside for me however is again the ai, They have been improved & do race you & each other more, But sadly they still offer very little challenge in terms of difficulty when you start using the more powerful cars.

Audio is another down side, Some cars sound quite good but a lot just sound dull.

Graphics are just as inconsistent, Cars look stunning & the tracks look real good until you notice the flat tree's & flickering/poor shadows & reflections.

The career is less of a grind than GT5, Its better setup & the extra coffee breaks & challenge races offer a nice distraction in-between races.
    The goodwood festival of speed events were fun & I really enjoyed the moon missions. Yes the moon missions are a bit pointless but again I found them fun & a nice distraction from the career races.

I said in the Forza 5 thread that I liked the car-count, 1200+ may seem excessive but pretty much all of my favorite cars are there for me to go drive & I enjoy driving some of the rare cars & oddities.

Track list is solid, I love the new additions & most of my favorites from past games are back. Although there are some GT tracks I would love to see make a return, Mid-field, Seattle & El Capitan for example.

Overall I would say that GT6 is definitely more than just a GT5.5, The improved handling, physics & general driving model alone make it something which I'd recommend to all fans of this genre, Especially those who found GT5 to be a disappointment.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Whose playing? I've had it for a few weeks............twice (I bought it originally then I decided to buy it again purely for the anniversary bonuses) ;) I really am enjoying it. Got myself well ordered a PSN card for £25 to take me up to at least 3 million credits. 29% completed so far ;) Still slightly annoyed that you have to start from scratch but not necessarirly a bad thing.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I jump back into it periodcally.

The series has yet to rival the playability and pure addiction I had with Grand Turismo 3. That was perfect for me.