Options

New software - Humax

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Well that's pretty obvious but as it was supposed to be transmitted on the 8th, I presumed it would be last night. ;-)

It should be sometime around after 10am.
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    It should be sometime around after 10am.

Yep it's available now
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've got the HB 1000S updated now. :)

Really liking the 'press OK to watch in HD' prompts. A welcome update imo.

The 'STB' and 'TV' buttons on the remote now show an onscreen graphic when pressed.

Some nice improvements on the media side, most notably that I can now correctly see and access the shared folders on my DLNA server from the box, which I'm very pleased about.

So far so good. :)
  • Options
    IQ1IQ1 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Can't say I have noticed. What is new is the pop up that comes up on some future programme teasers. Press OK for more info or to set up a recording or reminder (or something similar).

Anybody else seen the above yet ?
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IQ1 wrote: »

I have :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IQ1 wrote: »

Yes, one just popped up during a trail for Sherlock.
    I must admit I wasn't expecting it to be so big, but it's definitely a good addition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lamby wrote: »
    I have :)
    I must admit I wasn't expecting it to be so big, but it's definitely a good addition.

Thanks, I must have missed them.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The one that comes up once and goes away is fine. Unfortunately there is a version that flashes on and off like a stroboscope ( I hate this one)
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone worked out what "Enable Experiment" does in the hidden menu?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone worked out what "Enable Experiment" does in the hidden menu?

The mind boggles :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mind boggles :D

Maybe unlocks new features to trial ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    These are classic symptoms of the disk being corrupted (particulary the time shift buffer file). Repassac reported similar after a power failure. You could try a disk clean up, but in the end the only fix was to format the hard disk.

It's very very unlikely the firmware issue was involved, if it was there would be a shed load of posts reporting the same.

Hi
    Thanks for the replies, looks like its going to need a disc reformat. Tried the disc cleanup but still no pause etc. on live tv. Works if recording the channel being watched.
    Has anyone yet had the problem of blank screen when using the return button to exit the OSG menus to get back to live tv. Happened 3 times since update, but not everytime. Also anyone tried selecting BBC1 (101) in the EPG then choosing "Watch in HD" from the popup choice menu. Doing this changes the channel to BBC1 HD but instead of showing the programme only the EPG comes back on...annoying. Selecting "Watch now" and not "Watch in HD" from popup menu works fine, the required channel selected comes on and the new banner appears at the bottom to press OK to watch in HD,pressing OK then works fine to change to HD....
    Bob
    PS. Usually I select the HD channels if available, merely reporting the bugs found:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Successfully updated my HB 1000S ... all seems fine, a few niggles fixed and a few new welcome additions ... I'm very impressed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Grahamlthompson. I have reported exact same problem as Pollensa about screen blanking using the "back" button. This IS a bug in the new firmware update...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    truckerbob wrote: »
    Grahamlthompson. I have reported exact same problem as Pollensa about screen blanking using the "back" button. This IS a bug in the new firmware update...

Not seen the issue, can you confirm the box you have.

I have a HDR 1000s (the HDR 1010s should be similar).

What you were recording at the time.

The steps you took to produce the issue.

Without this information it is hard to comment. :confused:

I have seen a post that indicates a minor change to default settings is responsible.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-jan-2014/page/5#post-23739

Is this what you refer to ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not seen the issue, can you confirm the box you have.

I have a HDR 1000s (the HDR 1010s should be similar).

What you were recording at the time.

The steps you took to produce the issue.

Without this information it is hard to comment. :confused:

I have seen a post that indicates a minor change to default settings is responsible.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-jan-2014/page/5#post-23739

Is this what you refer to ?
    Hi Graham,
    Using a hdr 1000s. Have had same thing happen now when using back button to leave settings menu to return to live tv. ie: screen black , no sound, (no display on front of box). Resolved by then pressing the exit button...also try thiswhen on any channel and BBC showing HD programme
    1. Select EPG.
    2. Select BBC1 (101)
    3. When popup menu shows choose "Watch on HD".
    The box will change channel to BBC HD but then show the EPG again, not the programme...stuck in a loop if repeating steps 2 and 3..

Bob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've also just had a blank screen no sound issue after watching a recording, as above pressing exit returned to live tv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A couple of Blank screen issues for me too last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Graham,
    Using a hdr 1000s. Have had same thing happen now when using back button to leave settings menu to return to live tv. ie: screen black , no sound, (no display on front of box). Resolved by then pressing the exit button...also try thiswhen on any channel and BBC showing HD programme
    1. Select EPG.
    2. Select BBC1 (101)
    The box will change channel to BBC HD but then show the EPG again, not the programme...stuck in a loop if repeating steps 2 and 3..

Bob

Just press 'Exit' and it goes full screen onto the HD channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try going into STB mode and adding channels from a User Defined search. Then try and do another one after that.

I get no options, just a blank screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing back a recording from Channel 5...
    44 mins into playback, screen went blank for several seconds and I was then returned to the Humax menu system showing live TV in the preview window.
    The recording I was watching was listed as partially viewed and I just resumed playback and watched the rest.

Never happened before...

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Graham,
    1. Select EPG.
    2. Select BBC1 (101)

Bob

Box tuned to 109 BBC2-HD

Settings General Settings

Back Back

Goes back to BBC2-HD no issues with picture or sound

Press TV Guide

press 101 jumps to 101 in epg. No watch in HD prompt

Am I doing something different to you ? If not need to compare settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lamby wrote: »
    Try going into STB mode and adding channels from a User Defined search. Then try and do another one after that.

I get no options, just a blank screen.

I haven't added any channels in non-freesat. Trying to access KOS to pick a couple of transponders to see if I can reproduce the issue. Site appears to be down, I will try later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Box tuned to 109 BBC2-HD

Settings General Settings

Back Back

Goes back to BBC2-HD no issues with picture or sound

Press TV Guide

press 101 jumps to 101 in epg. No watch in HD prompt

Am I doing something different to you ? If not need to compare settings.
    To get the "Watch in HD" option a HD program has to be showing and you have to select BBC1 in EPG to actually watch. Then in the following options menu it should be there . Try then. The blank screen problem is intermittent.Not sure but I think it is liable to happen when exiting from recordings if there is no small inscreen display or it is blank if there is one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's hardly a major thing. As I posted above, just press 'Exit' and you get the HD channel you selected back in full screen anyway.

As bugs go it's very, very minor imo. Probably better off just dropping an email to Humax so they're aware.