Spotted on the tube

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
This might sound trivial but hopefully someone can help. I saw someone I really fancied on the London Underground recently. Does anyone know of any online forums/message boards where I can post a message in the hope of making contact?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont hold out much hope of you finding someone like that!! bit like a needle in a haystack!!! was there more than just the two of you on the underground? Did you speak to him/her? have you got a name and discription of him/her?
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    oh I saw something like this in one of the London papers - advertise in the lonely hearts 'Looking for....' you just never know ;) Good Luck :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might sound trivial but hopefully someone can help. I saw someone I really fancied on the London Underground recently. Does anyone know of any online forums/message boards where I can post a message in the hope of making contact?

Who knows? Maybe he uses Digitalspy! :D
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try Gumtree - they have a section called 'missed connections'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact your story reminds me. When I travelled around Europe by train, I struck up this conversation with a very intriguing French girl (around 18). Didn't get her number. Rang the train station at the time I knew her train would arrive a few weeks later when I was home and got them to make an announcement asking for her to come to the telephone. The rest as they say is history.....if only (never heard from her).
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metro (The free paper) does this :)
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    london paper, the one the hand out on the streets as well does it
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are clutching at straws to be honest. The chances of you ever seeing that person again, especially in London, are highly negligible. Also, how do you know they fancied you ? Even if by some remote chance you did manage to make contact, they might think they were being stalked. I know I would :eek:
  • firehawk1firehawk1 Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh for heaven sake LOL.
    i see plenty people i fancy on the tube - but never to be looked at ever again :( and probably would get a slap.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try the metro paper / london lite/ london paper, I seem to remember seeing something along those lines in there (though it's been a while)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just curious - when was this? what time? which line?

*hopes its me but unlikely*
    Forum Member
    firehawk1 wrote:
    oh for heaven sake LOL.
    i see plenty people i fancy on the tube - but never to be looked at ever again :( and probably would get a slap.

where's your romance :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where's your romance :p:D

Hang on a minute. I'm assuming that in the OP's case she is female and the person she fancies is male. But I have to say that if a bloke started putting adverts in papers about a girl he saw on the tube, and wanted to make contact with, a lot of people, including the object of his attentions, would think he was a right weirdo, and run a mile.

That is the reality.
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote:
    Hang on a minute. I'm assuming that in the OP's case she is female and the person she fancies is male. But I have to say that if a bloke started putting adverts in papers about a girl he saw on the tube, and wanted to make contact with, a lot of people, including the object of his attentions, would think he was a right weirdo, and run a mile.

That is the reality.

he might be intrigued as well......stranger things have happened ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have wondered where an incurable romantic becomes a stalker these days.

In the past a man might rush up to a woman he sees and give her flowers (as seen in a TV advert) but now I feel he will be laughed at, ridiculed or slapped across the face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just the way it is. a "law" suited and defined only by women :(
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    firehawk1 wrote:

Will you please post something nice for a change instead of always being so depressing........ please :D:D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt this will come to anything. London is just too big. Gawd if I made contact with every lady I 'fancied' on the tube I'd be arrested - and rightly so.

The tube is good for window shopping, but little else. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is taking the p*ss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louisa320 wrote:
    Will you please post something nice for a change instead of always being so depressing........ please :D:D

ever thought why that maybe? thought not - because you are already involved :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    firehawk1 wrote:

Double standards ?
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    firehawk1 wrote:
    ever thought why that maybe? thought not - because you are already involved :rolleyes:

Involved in what? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may be of help:

You can use www.secondchancecupid.com to-

1. Find someone you have a missed connection with..the bloke at the airport or the girl you spoke to briefly in the bar, whose number you lost :(

2. Get in touch with someone you see more regularly, eg the lady on the train every morning who you have no idea how to approach, but feel pretty sure she fancies you too..

3. Find old flames who might be wondering why they ever let you go..

4. Make a profile and a 'mini-mee'- you get a username when you register which is great for scribbling on a scrap of paper and chucking at that hottie when you leave the bus, or for handing out in bars if you're too shy to chat anyone up. They can log on with your username and send you a message after browsing your profile!

5. Make your profile public so that anyone who enters our 'flirtroom' can see your details. Which means even if you've no-one in mind, you might still pull :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw a beautiful chick this mornin on the circle line via victoria - she had gray bottoms on and a white top...and had a shiney silver starbucks coffee mug/container in her hand...she had blonde/dark hair, brown eyes with an irish accent I think but could be wrong....anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Just to say, I'm really not a stalker! The guy in question followed me off the tube, asked to talk to me and told me he fancied me. I stupidly walked away without even his name and have been regretting it ever since.

I'm definitely not in the habit of tracking down random strangers without due cause. And just in case he happens to be on digital spy:

He was wearing an iron maiden t-shirt, he was on the Northern Line between Tottenham Court Road and Waterloo on Saturday 14th April at 10:20pm. I know what time it was because he asked me. If, by a weird stroke of luck someone recognises this description then post a response!