Got a duff PSN Voucher Card, how to contact Sony?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
Forum Member
Purchased a £25 Card today for PSN. Have gone to enter the code in store and am told its either Incorrect or no longer valid. I purchased the card legitmately from a shop not one of these dodgy ebay things. So how do I contact Sony about the problem?

Comments

• KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,538
    Forum Member
    Phone them and ask? It's Sony, no doubt they have a customer service option
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the retailer not taking responsibility?
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purchased a £25 Card today for PSN. Have gone to enter the code in store and am told its either Incorrect or no longer valid. I purchased the card legitmately from a shop not one of these dodgy ebay things. So how do I contact Sony about the problem?
    Conroy wrote: »
    Why is the retailer not taking responsibility?

All depends, whenbigstunnerdude, got home and opened the box, was the card tampered with, so was the grey box which you scatch of intact, if intact, it would be the retailer, but guessing sony

And as for psn cards, game/gamestation now doing them for £5/10/15/25, along with other psn cards psn+ 12weeks/12months; little big planet download, map packs for killzone, price per map
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    This is the response I got from the Retailer when I asked them about the issue:

I am sorry to hear that your code is invalid.

We will have to ask you to contact Sony as they will be able to diagnose the problem with the code, If you could do this and then contact us with the problem and the Call reference number from Sony we will then be able to look at replacing your code if necessary.

Sony : 0844 7360595

I'm sorry I could not help further at this time but once we have the information from Sony we will do all we can to have this resolved quickly for you.
    Forum Member
    Called Sony and they tell me the card was purchased and used in July originally so I have a 2nd Hand Code. So back to the retailer now to hit them with this info and provide them with my Sony Reference Number.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not suggesting the OP has done this but

it wouldnt be the retailer first cos anyone could buy a card, take it home enter the details and then go back and claim it didnt work and get another one free. At least if sony can confirm the code is used its then down to the retailer, again tho who's to say its not just a card from a while back and someones trying it on?
    Forum Member
    Simple reason I'm not trying it on, is because I purchased the card online and the code was sent to me electronically. I haven't had to scratch off a panel like with a physical card. Just got a 12 digit code to enter from a receipt. Would seem the Retailer has dropped a clanger by sending me a card they have already issued to someone else. Should be simple to rectify when they pull their fingers out their arse.
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    Simple reason I'm not trying it on, is because I purchased the card online and the code was sent to me electronically. I haven't had to scratch off a panel like with a physical card. Just got a 12 digit code to enter from a receipt. Would seem the Retailer has dropped a clanger by sending me a card they have already issued to someone else. Should be simple to rectify when they pull their fingers out their arse.

What retailer was it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
  • darren221980darren221980 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    was the retailer shopto.net by any chance?
    Forum Member
    was the retailer shopto.net by any chance?

It won't be shopto.

I love shopto.
    Forum Member
    All sorted today, retailer issued me another code which worked. So all is right in the World again, well it will be when something appears on PS+ to make my new subscription worthwhile.
    Forum Member
    All sorted today, retailer issued me another code which worked. So all is right in the World again, well it will be when something appears on PS+ to make my new subscription worthwhile.

Who was it?
    Forum Member
    If I say both you and I would be disappointed Frailfury, they've always been so reliable,
    Forum Member
    If I say both you and I would be disappointed Frailfury, they've always been so reliable,

Shopto it is then lol

Well maybe it was just a one off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody bought cards from 7dayshop? Bought 2 £25 and still waiting on them coming, though saying that i've just spotted the postman across the road who will no doubt have them since i've posted.

Bought them a week past yesterday and would have expected them here ages ago.

Edit: Nope never came :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    The other half has bought cards from 7dayshop on a number of occasions, and theynalways turn up within a week. Might just be one of those things - I'd be surprised if it didn't turn it up at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rodk79 wrote: »
    The other half has bought cards from 7dayshop on a number of occasions, and theynalways turn up within a week. Might just be one of those things - I'd be surprised if it didn't turn it up at all.

Thanks, hopefully they turn up before my ps+ subscription runs out as thats all i need it for.

Were these delivered by Royal Mail and need signed for? I'm worried that they might try and deliver it to a neighbour instead of here.