Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a 'selling point' - it's a press release telling the viewer what will happen in the show.

As I said, what's the bloke to do? Ignore it and seem unfeeling or get on with his life?

Having suffered a bereavement around the same time as Peter I would not expect him to ignore his brothers sad passing at all ..
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, just read the blip on the pre-release and dear oh dear...when is this man NOT suffering? so he postpones gigs but not the filming of himself.....
    I admire those who brave on without mentioning their difficulties, who hide sorrow behind a stoic smile and carry on as though nothing happened....I cannot bear this warts and all exposure stuff and Andre milks it for all its worth.
    So basically viewers will be treated to an hour of Andre moping around, sighing, gazing out into the horizon while his crew assure us deeply concerned viewers on the side about how 'Pete is doing well, he really is, he's suffering though but he's getting on with it. Work is his therapy'. He is making a point of grieving on camera and its deplorable.

" Pete’s left to take stock of his feelings."....yeah, which ones come across best on camera:cool:
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimmychews wrote: »
    God the man has no class at all. "Day off" being filmed with your children for TV? Being "forced" into making a statement about Katie Price? Well forced by his pure desperation to be in the papers and saying something "relevant".

Numpty.

"He’s also dragged back to the past, when he’s forced to respond to a media statement put out by ex Katie Price following reactions to her recent marriage."

Well if he or his management and the so called 'pals' in Now (Dan Twootton)....or the 'source' from Closer....or the 'friend' from Heat didn't do those articles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2266309/Peter-Andre-lashes-ex-Katie-Prices-whirlwind-wedding-stripper-lover-Kieran-Hayler.html

Katie Price would not have had to release a statement:

http://www.katieprice.co.uk/statement

So Peter Andre & Co it seems pretty simple...keep your opinions to yourself ;)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having suffered a bereavement around the same time as Peter I would not expect him to ignore his brothers sad passing at all ..

Then why is it wrong for him to feature it in the programme? We all deal with grief in different ways. I've been bereaved too, and I'm sure people might criticise me for how I dealt with it. There's no right or wrong way to deal with grief, only your personal way.

He's a contract to fulfil, and if his brother's death was ignored, it would look bad. As I said, the bloke can't do right for doing wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Peter Andre & Co it seems pretty simple...keep your opinions to yourself ;)

If it's 'friends' who spill the beans, he can't be held responsible for that. It's always 'sources' or 'friends' as far as this stuff goes.

Maybe he did explode about KP's wedding, maybe he didn't.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when his brother died people speculated whether he would sink as low as to try to cash in on it. And it seems he has. I completely appreciate that people grieve in different ways but promoting your new show in a way that turns your grief into a sob story so the viewer can see brave Pete struggling on through his pain, that's left a really bad taste in my mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's 'friends' who spill the beans, he can't be held responsible for that. It's always 'sources' or 'friends' as far as this stuff goes.

Maybe he did explode about KP's wedding, maybe he didn't.

Salty we all know these comments attributed to "friends" "sources" etc come from their respective camps... I can understand him being upset.. But he shouldn't allow his camp to use it to attack the mother of his children.. He should of phoned her and had it out with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when his brother died people speculated whether he would sink as low as to try to cash in on it. And it seems he has. I completely appreciate that people grieve in different ways but promoting your new show in a way that turns your grief into a sob story so the viewer can see brave Pete struggling on through his pain, that's left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Say a celeb you liked and admired was doing the same thing would you slag them off too or is this just because it's Peter Andre?

Genuine question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then why is it wrong for him to feature it in the programme? We all deal with grief in different ways. I've been bereaved too, and I'm sure people might criticise me for how I dealt with it. There's no right or wrong way to deal with grief, only your personal way.

He's a contract to fulfil, and if his brother's death was ignored, it would look bad. As I said, the bloke can't do right for doing wrong.

I don't have a problem with him showing grief.. I have a problem with him using his grief to sell his new show..just the same as I had a problem with I'm selling his brothers illness for the last show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say a celeb you liked and admired was doing the same thing would you slag them off too or is this just because it's Peter Andre?

Genuine question.

Speaking for myself.. No matter who it is ..I would have a problem
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with him showing grief.. I have a problem with him using his grief to sell his new show..just the same as I had a problem with I'm selling his brothers illness for the last show

....and again the point that if he ignored it, I'm certain you'd say he was cold and unfeeling.

It seems there's absolutely no pleasing people who dislike him. :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genuine question.

I cannot think of any other media-**** who lives his/her life in such a goldfish bowl as The Abomination does so I cannot answer your 'genuine question'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot think of any other media-**** who lives his/her life in such a goldfish bowl as The Abomination does so I cannot answer your 'genuine question'.

I can think of quite a lot myself, but there's not enough space on here.....:D :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and again the point that if he ignored it, I'm certain you'd say he was cold and unfeeling.

Finally you've got the message.:D
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genuine question.
    Nobody else has eploited a relative's illness and death on a reality show. Jade Goody certainly expoited her own, but at least it was her illness to exploit.

And I certainly don't admire any of the dregs that have to resort to "reality" shows to keep themselves in the media.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally you've got the message.:D

...if only his detractors would. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And again I didn't say he SHOULDN'T mention his brother or talk about his grief.. I am saying he SHOULDN'T use it to sell his programme
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of quite a lot myself, but there's not enough space on here.....:D :D;)

Try naming just one who is currently media-whoring to the extent that The Abomination that is Andre is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...if only his detractors would. :D

And what message would that be ... Genuine question :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Nobody else has eploited a relative's illness and death on a reality show.

And I certainly don't admire any of the dregs that have to resort to "reality" shows to keep themselves in the media.

It beats me how you can say he's 'exploiting' anything when the show's not even due to be broadcast until next month! Oh well, nothing like making a snap judgement is there?

:D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    The latest press release for his reality show is obviously marketing his "suffering" (their own words)

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week14/peter-andre-my-life

How awful to use your bereavement in such a commercial way.

that release is terrible, it sounds as if he is on the edge and needs a complete rest from things...but we all know this is exactly what he doesn't want! Poor Pete, struggling on whilst a camera crew follow him etc etc etc:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking from a personal point .. I don't watch TOWIE but I've been told a person on their was shown at their mothers grave in tears.. For me that's a step to far and I find that wrong..using a persons grief for ratings ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what message would that be ... Genuine question :D

The message that he's not the Devil Incarnate and he's really no better or worse than a hundred other 'celebrities' perhaps? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The message that he's not the Devil Incarnate and he's really no better or worse than a hundred other 'celebrities' perhaps? ;)

I don't think he is the devil incarnate.. Just as DD says an Abomination :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is the devil incarnate.. Just as DD says an Abomination :D:D

IIRC the bible describes the devil as an 'Abomination' so it's not a million miles away. :D
This discussion has been closed.