Options

BBC red buttons 1 and 2 on the Sky EPG and recordable!

DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
Forum Member
✭✭
As the title! its a pity that Sky couldnt have allowed that for Wimbledon last summer!

I hope red button 1 stays on the EPG for good!

Comments

• Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been a little more useful to post the EPG numbers as well - which are 977 and 978
  • Options
    ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I too hope it stays on after the winter Olympics but somehow doubt it. Who are we best to contact to try and get the channel to stay in the EPG - BBC or Sky?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been a little more useful to post the EPG numbers as well - which are 977 and 978

Oh sorry I was so excited about posting it I forgot to!
    Anyway you've posted them now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ccb2011 wrote: »
    I too hope it stays on after the winter Olympics but somehow doubt it. Who are we best to contact to try and get the channel to stay in the EPG - BBC or Sky?

Thats a big dilemma! Ask Sky and they will say talk to the BBC! Ask the BBC and they will most likely say its Sky's issue!
    We never win do we!
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    As the title! its a pity that Sky couldnt have allowed that for Wimbledon last summer!
    I hope red button 1 stays on the EPG for good!
    Hot news, only six hours after it was posted on the news thread!
    :D
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    And despite being SD, it's not a bad picture either. Quite watchable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Hot news, only six hours after it was posted on the news thread!

Well how was I to know that that info would be on there!
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a big dilemma! Ask Sky and they will say talk to the BBC! Ask the BBC and they will most likely say its Sky's issue!
    We never win do we!

Purely down to whether the BBC are prepared to pay for permanent extra EPG slots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purely down to whether the BBC are prepared to pay for permanent extra EPG slots.

well only one would be permanent as the second red button channel is temporary anyway.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Well how was I to know that that info would be on there!
    Er, because it's the "news" thread?!
    Only kidding, I'm sure a lot of people would have missed it there, and it was good to have it pointed out in a more prominent place, especially as the new feeds are hidden away down with the BBC regional feeds!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »

Thanks I was waiting for a response.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else having problems with channel 977? I haven't had any sound on it since it came on. No trouble with sound when I access the same content through the actual red button and no trouble with 978 (or any other channel on the EPG).

Obviously I can get the content with sound in other ways but I'd like to be able to use 977 so I can leave it recording during the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with channel 977? I haven't had any sound on it since it came on. No trouble with sound when I access the same content through the actual red button and no trouble with 978 (or any other channel on the EPG).

Obviously I can get the content with sound in other ways but I'd like to be able to use 977 so I can leave it recording during the day.

No the sounds ok at the moment oh and BBC 2 is showing the same as RB 1 anyway ATM.

Try rebooting your box.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I tried that. It's a strange one as it's just one channel, every other one working fine.