The One Show

124»

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bland and inoffensive little show, the TV equivalent of a Rich Tea biscuit.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I can't imagine who would do it and who would be guests (presumably other 'comedians'). Not that many who can be trusted to appear in a family show and few funny ones anyway.
    Plenty have material that can be suited to 7pm.

There have been comedy shows on pre-watershed in the past couple of years. Jason Manford and John Bishop hosted some of them.
    There was the C4 comedy panel game and also a Jo Brand series.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    It's a bland and inoffensive little show, the TV equivalent of a Rich Tea biscuit.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I feel quite upset now you've said that! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

Highly dunkable though!
  • earlofbedlamearlofbedlam Posts: 335
    Forum Member

Don't worry. He's probably a ginger nut
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do the beeb have faith in this awful programme as a standup comedian put it " It's the only programme to have Adrew Lloyd Webber being asked what he thinks about knife crime":o just rubbish, A family member watches this programme I have get up & find something interesting to do when it's on.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I can't imagine who would do it and who would be guests (presumably other 'comedians'). Not that many who can be trusted to appear in a family show and few funny ones anyway.

I was thinking (and it was only a throw away comment) of sort of a 30 minute version of the US late night talk shows. Some topical humour and a guest being interviewed, could be anyone, whosever has something to plug (a bit like they get on The Once Show now). I guess a bit like shorter, nightly version of Graham Norton’s talk show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry. He's probably a ginger nut

Button it, you Hobnob >:(
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I was thinking (and it was only a throw away comment) of sort of a 30 minute version of the US late night talk shows. Some topical humour and a guest being interviewed, could be anyone, whosever has something to plug (a bit like they get on The Once Show now). I guess a bit like shorter, nightly version of Graham Norton’s talk show.

The American audiences seem completely different to the UK. Whenever I have seen any of those US late night shows I have wondered what on earth people see in them and some of the presenters are very creepy.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Ray266 wrote: »
    Why do the beeb have faith in this awful programme ...
    Because a few million people regularly watch it.
    Ray266 wrote: »
    ...as a standup comedian put it "It's the only programme to have Adrew Lloyd Webber being asked what he thinks about knife crime"
    Any reason Sir LW shouldn't express his opinion on knife crime? I'm assuming he has one!
    A family member watches this programme I have get up & find something interesting to do when it's on.
    Yes. Just as, I'm sure, they won't necessarily like to watch what you watch.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason Sir LW shouldn't express his opinion on knife crime? I'm assuming he has one!

Sir Andrew is a very wealthy man. I'm sure he has more than one, and maybe hundreds in his cutlery drawer. :p
  • longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intellectually I get challenged almost every waking minute of my working life, Thank F for distracting me with your cup cake skirt and hint of knickers. Make me think less of you? oh no,no,no . Quite the opposite. Trust me, the hint makes it.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Sir Andrew is a very wealthy man. I'm sure he has more than one, and maybe hundreds in his cutlery drawer. :p
    No-one likes a smart-alec, Mr Tea :D

(Plus, the inexactitude of the English Language ;))