Humax HDR2000T sound problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
Forum Member
I've just bought a new Humax HDR2000T and connected it to a Sony Bravia TV. The HD channels are fine but the SD channels have hardly any sound and I have to turn up the volume a lot to hear them. Do you know if there is a setting I can change or is the box faulty? I've tried changing the sound from multichannel to stereo but that makes no difference.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say you have the volume up full do you mean the TV volume control or the Humax volume control?

If you are turning the TV volume up try turning up the volume on the Humax instead. Not 100% sure if the 2000 is the same as my Fox-T2 but the Humax volume only works on the SD channels so it is entirely possible to have the HD channel volume blowing your head off while the SD channels are inaudible simply because the Humax volume is turned right down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Hi chrisjr, I've just tried what you suggested and turned up the volume on the humax remote to max and now there is no longer a huge difference between the HD and SD channels - thanks!
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    When you say you have the volume up full do you mean the TV volume control or the Humax volume control?

If you are turning the TV volume up try turning up the volume on the Humax instead. Not 100% sure if the 2000 is the same as my Fox-T2 but the Humax volume only works on the SD channels so it is entirely possible to have the HD channel volume blowing your head off while the SD channels are inaudible simply because the Humax volume is turned right down.
    Actually changing the audio setting from multichannel to stereo should enable (Humax) volume control on HD channels on the FOX (and presumably the HDR-2000T too): but this rather contradicts the OP in more ways than one.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    Actually changing the audio setting from multichannel to stereo should enable (Humax) volume control on HD channels on the FOX (and presumably the HDR-2000T too): but this rather contradicts the OP in more ways than one.
    I think I see what you mean but it does not contradict if when tthematical said that it makes no difference that thematical meant that it makes no difference to the SD sound. Changing the setting to 'Stereo' only effects the HD muxes and therefore the volume will still have to be increased after doing but for the HD channels as well as the SD channels. But now that all channels are equalised the volume can be increased and stay that way without any further fiddling.

Those who wish to take advantage of multichannel sound will keep the volume on the Humax at maximum (or near maximum) and use the volume control for their sound system not the Humax's volume control. There is also an argument for doing that when the 'stereo' option is selected to get a better n/s ratio on some set-ups..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have my Humax plugged into my AV amp so it's set on multi channel and I never normally use the Humax volume control. Never actually noticed this "feature" before but out of idle curiosity I've just tried it and it does indeed work when set to Stereo.

If it does work on the 2000T as well I wonder if the OP just switched between Multi Channel and Stereo on an SD channel and never tried it on an HD channel?
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    I have my Humax plugged into my AV amp so it's set on multi channel and I never normally use the Humax volume control. Never actually noticed this "feature" before but out of idle curiosity I've just tried it and it does indeed work when set to Stereo.

If it does work on the 2000T as well I wonder if the OP just switched between Multi Channel and Stereo on an SD channel and never tried it on an HD channel?
    The OP says:
    The HD channels are fine but the SD channels have hardly any sound and I have to turn up the volume a lot to hear them.
    :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP says:confused:

Not sure what the confusion is?

The OP says the SD channels only were quiet, which is fair enough if the volume was turned down and the box set to multi channel so the HD channels are unaffected. If the OP changed to Stereo but only tried a SD channel and did not try a HD channel he may not have noticed the HD channel volume was now as quiet as the SD channels. I'm sure that would have been mentioned. Either that or the 2000 doesn't work the same was as the Fox-T2.