Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode is hard to watch, though really like the Valerie/Heston scenes. :)

^^I also hope Tracey's legit, but she did seem pretty desperate to get back into her life. I was hoping they'd toned Ayesha down a little after the caravan birth and dressing down from Daniel but her chip seems to be as big as ever.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    This episode is hard to watch, though really like the Valerie/Heston scenes. :)

I know, it's rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, it's rubbish.

The stories seem really disjointed and the pacing feels off especially with Naihm story. Even I knew what to do (thank you Trainspotting). I know it was pressured, but if she can't administer a relatively simple injection in a time critical situation then she shouldn't be a doctor or at least shouldn't be anywhere near patients until she can prove she can cope.

Jimmi really needs to be used more, he's one of the best on the show. :)
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    The body in the coffin was creepy. I half-expected the eyes to open and for her to rise out of the coffin! :o Why was the coffin in the flat with the lid off? Surely it would be at the undertakers. If she lived alone it's not like anyone was going to be keeping vigil over the body.

Terri was very unhinged. Daniel didn't 'get' her pregnant, they both had unprotected sex, and a pregnancy was the result. It takes two, so she can't place all the blame on him. An obsession like she had was unhealthy. I don't understand why she stole his water bill though :confused:

Maybe Niamh needs to realise that Al was right and she isn't cut out to be a doctor. It could all have gone so wrong today. There isn't always going to be someone at the other end of a phone helping her along (and she's a qualified doctors so she shouldn't need helping every time there's a crisis).

Valerie was brilliant today - she's a great comic actress :D
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I didnt mind Valerie today, usually it doesn't take much for her to irritate me but she was pretty funny in her scenes with Heston.

I kept thinking Niamh was going to freak out when handling that patient but she didnt. Still not totally convinced she's got the stuff to be a doctor. Al was hard on her but maybe he was right after all. Supporting her is fine but she has to learn to cope on her own without running for help.
  • Options
    TramboneTrambone Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another very poor episode today, save for the splendid performance of Valerie in her role-playing with Heston.
    The rest of the show was garbage which looked like an attempted stitching together of discarded scenes from the cutting room floor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I loved the Valerie/Heston role play today "I'm busy" PMSL :D
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so couldn't care less about anything to do with the awful Ayesha. Please get rid!!!
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    I was expecting her to say she had been away in a prison or rehab at first. The wine drinking also made me think is she like her sister Bren. Alesha's family do seem very mixed up to me and always seem to turn to a bottle of wine to cope. Let's hope I am wrong and it all turns out OK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hackney1 wrote: »
    I so couldn't care less about anything to do with the awful Ayesha. Please get rid!!!

Whenever I see her long face, and hear her moaning about how badly off she is I hear an orchestra of the smallest violins in the world playing.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ayesha just doesn't have any redeeming personality right now - I thought they might have lightened her up but instead they've just given her a bigger chip on her shoulder. It's hard to like someone who just feels like the world is out to get them all the time.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    The body in the coffin was creepy. I half-expected the eyes to open and for her to rise out of the coffin! :o Why was the coffin in the flat with the lid off? Surely it would be at the undertakers. If she lived alone it's not like anyone was going to be keeping vigil over the body.

Terri was very unhinged. Daniel didn't 'get' her pregnant, they both had unprotected sex, and a pregnancy was the result. It takes two, so she can't place all the blame on him. An obsession like she had was unhealthy. I don't understand why she stole his water bill though :confused:

Maybe Niamh needs to realise that Al was right and she isn't cut out to be a doctor. It could all have gone so wrong today. There isn't always going to be someone at the other end of a phone helping her along (and she's a qualified doctors so she shouldn't need helping every time there's a crisis).

Valerie was brilliant today - she's a great comic actress :D

What was the actual "point" of the dead mother/son story? How was it connected and how did it conclude like? I can't remember but I didn't like keeping my eyes on those scenes either.

Re Niamh, in real life no way would she have been able to carry on seeing or getting patients to see her I think. She had another bout of freezing and still has the hump with Al? Unless and until she gets over this lack of confidence thing that she has then she can't carry on as a Doctor for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Classic from Howard today talking about rats "they say you're never more than six feet from one" - just as Fronk comes up to him. :D:D

I can't wait for that creep to be discovered and kicked out. I don't know why he's still there. He was supposed to be a locum while Daniel and Zara were away, but now they're back surely he should have left? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    What was the actual "point" of the dead mother/son story? How was it connected and how did it conclude like? I can't remember but I didn't like keeping my eyes on those scenes either.

I think it was put there for Niamh to show how she coped (or didn't) with another emergency. The pillock obviously took the herion he found in his mother's flat and would have died without the injection Niamh gave him. If her training didn't kick in automatically in an emergency like that then really she should give up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I used to think Doctors was the best soap out there but I lost it with the ridiculous Karen story and now, what is it with this Niamh? Sorry, but it's awful these days (except for the lovely Jimmy!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it was put there for Niamh to show how she coped (or didn't) with another emergency. The pillock obviously took the herion he found in his mother's flat and would have died without the injection Niamh gave him. If her training didn't kick in automatically in an emergency like that then really she should give up.

Blimey I forgot that weird guy came out of the house of his dead mum and then Niamh saw him. I obviously looked away too much and have obviously got to much on my plate too forgetting things so quickly! :o
    Beadygirl wrote: »
    I used to think Doctors was the best soap out there but I lost it with the ridiculous Karen story and now, what is it with this Niamh? Sorry, but it's awful these days (except for the lovely Jimmy!)

I thik you're right. I think Doctors on the whole has been on the wane and the Karen losing her memory storyline didn't help at all. Having said that, I wonder if they done that storyline because she was getting far too irritating for some viewers ( me especially) and the programme wanted to find a way of changing her without writing her out?
    It could be true I think and its maybe why they haven't allowed her to regain a lot of her memory as that would probably take her back to her old ways completely but I think she's showing a number of signs of going back to irritating Karen again anyway but I hope they don't make her uber annoying again.

The Niamh story, while it probably happens in a lot of jobs is a boreoff for me as well as irritating. Kevin leaving too has been a bit of a hammer blow too, he really was a major character that had very good storylines and so far they haven't replaced him properly except for the git Franc who is supposed to be a locum.

After what happened in todays episode, Franc deserves to have the kind of treatments Gene Hackman dished out to people in the film Unforgiven! :D Seriously though he does!
  • Options
    notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She took the bill because it had his home address on it and she was going to go to his house to see him , but then he turned up at the surgery. It was odd the way she just gave up when she saw he had children though.

Doctors is getting worse these days and bears no resemblance to reality. Half the doctors are off on the same day, and another one always has to go to hospital with a patient and stay all day so how they staff and operate TWO surgeries is beyond me.
    You can't get an appointment at my doctor's for 2 weeks, and that's with a full staff .

I know, it's only a TV programme but it could use some credibility.

Oh, and please get rid of Franc soon. I missed the episode when he arrived but it's time they said goodbye.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Classic from Howard today talking about rats "they say you're never more than six feet from one" - just as Fronk comes up to him. :D:D

I can't wait for that creep to be discovered and kicked out. I don't know why he's still there. He was supposed to be a locum while Daniel and Zara were away, but now they're back surely he should have left? :confused:

:D:D:D

I love sublte humour like that! Franc with that stupid greasy hair he keeps and that stupid goatie does look a bit like a human rat doesn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She took the bill because it had his home address on it and she was going to go to his house to see him , but then he turned up at the surgery. It was odd the way she just gave up when she saw he had children though.

Doctors is getting worse these days and bears no resemblance to reality. Half the doctors are off on the same day, and another one always has to go to hospital with a patient and stay all day so how they staff and operate TWO surgeries is beyond me.
    You can't get an appointment at my doctor's for 2 weeks, and that's with a full staff .

I know, it's only a TV programme but it could use some credibility.

Oh, and please get rid of Franc soon. I missed the episode when he arrived but it's time they said goodbye.

That's the confusing part. It was Daniel who hired him as he was springing it on Howard that he and Zara were about to take a month off and he hired Franc as a locum and made out he knew him but I don't think Daniel did really know him.

When Daniel got back from holiday, he found out that Franc was not qualified to do cosmetic work and maybe that was an oversight but I think Daniel at best may have just met him once before and made out he knew him. Its obvious now that Franc is a mole just like Howard suspected from the start but was not believed on and was ridiculed for thinking so too. Some people are gonna have to eat humble pie and then some when it comes out what Franc has been up to.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    What I don't get with the Niamh thing is how on earth did she manage to complete her training. Surely she would have undergone practical assessments and observations to make sure she met the required standards? It seems even during training she was incompetent and unsure of herself (she mentioned the nurses thought she was a nightmare) so how over the years of training was it not picked up on or even reported by one of these irate nurses? I had hoped the storyline would be a bit more shocking than she has self doubt.

Bored of the storyline with Franc now, although I did laugh at "The ill Health Centre" :D

The new year usually does start off slowly, but Doctors seems to have been in a lull for a while. When did we last have a truly gripping storyline that got everyone on here talking?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get with the Niamh thing is how on earth did she manage to complete her training. Surely she would have undergone practical assessments and observations to make sure she met the required standards? It seems even during training she was incompetent and unsure of herself (she mentioned the nurses thought she was a nightmare) so how over the years of training was it not picked up on or even reported by one of these irate nurses? I had hoped the storyline would be a bit more shocking than she has self doubt.

Bored of the storyline with Franc now, although I did laugh at "The ill Health Centre" :D

The new year usually does start off slowly, but Doctors seems to have been in a lull for a while. When did we last have a truly gripping storyline that got everyone on here talking?

Not too long ago. The Kevin and Poppy debacle generated a lot of comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not too long ago. The Kevin and Poppy debacle generated a lot of comment.

I'd forgotten about that. Seems ages ago now though. :o
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent watched Doctors for months, where did Kevin go? and where did the other nurse woman go and who is this new one with her sister?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent watched Doctors for months, where did Kevin go? and where did the other nurse woman go and who is this new one with her sister?

I think Kevin slept unknowingly with an underage patient and so Zara basically forced him out to save the practices reputation (kind of ironic considering). I can't remember why Mandy left, but she found us Ayesha before going who walked into job, and has generally been insufferable since. I'm guessing she's working for free since its the only explanation for how she a) apparently never has any money, and b) can get away with being rude to her bosses and generally incompetent. Her mums and alcoholic which is why she now looks after her sister, which she coped with a lot better when she also had to basically look after her mum as well.

(I'm not trying to undermine the situation she's in, but her attitude/the way its being written makes it very hard to sympathise with her).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha! We called the mistaken identity because her bag was robbed thing almost straight away :D
This discussion has been closed.