"Impossible" by James Arthur already #1 on iTunes UK and Ireland

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Lots of respect from and for James. There was even this exchange between a Liverpool fan and James on twitter

The guy tweeted James
    @JamesArthur23 your a class act I would of downloaded your song but I'm a big Liverpool fan and want the justice song at no1...

The response from JA
    @******* Thats cool man thanks :) i want it at No 1 as well its gotta be!

(I removed the persons name just incase they didn't want it out there.) He's getting a lot of tweets talking about how much respect they have for him doing that. I think a lot of people have gained a bit of respect for him after that.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23
    Platinum single baby! Not a bad start :) thanks to all who bought it now make sure the hillsbrough tune is number 1!! #LOVE

Fair play to James Arthur. Nice touch from him

love the guy!!:D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not the most popular here, but the song is really, really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of respect from and for James. There was even this exchange between a Liverpool fan and James on twitter

The guy tweeted James
    @JamesArthur23 your a class act I would of downloaded your song but I'm a big Liverpool fan and want the justice song at no1...

The response from JA
    @******* Thats cool man thanks :) i want it at No 1 as well its gotta be!

(I removed the persons name just incase they didn't want it out there.) He's getting a lot of tweets talking about how much respect they have for him doing that. I think a lot of people have gained a bit of respect for him after that.

He also retweeted a tweet earlier in the week boasting about being ahead of them, I think he's just u turned on wanting to be Xmas 1 because he's fallen behind in sales and realised he probably wont get it.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    He also retweeted a tweet earlier in the week boasting about being ahead of them, I think he's just u turned on wanting to be Xmas 1 because he's fallen behind in sales and realised he probably wont get it.

It's standard PR practice to make it look like you are supportive of the winner, when it is clear you are going to lose. It makes it seem as though it doesn't matter. The earlier boasting about being ahead reveals the truth of this matter - he wanted to get a second week and now won't.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    It's standard PR practice to make it look like you are supportive of the winner, when it is clear you are going to lose. It makes it seem as though it doesn't matter. The earlier boasting about being ahead reveals the truth of this matter - he wanted to get a second week and now won't.

so he tweeted support for the other charity song. funny how you would want to believe the sincerity of one tweet but not the other.:rolleyes:
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member

It was a tweet from OCC and there was no boasting involved. Most artists re-tweet chart stats that are relevant to their followers and pertains to them. Why would someone tweet about another act being #1?.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    so he tweeted support for the other charity song. funny how you would want to believe the sincerity of one tweet but not the other.:rolleyes:

Funny.:rolleyes::p:D
    Forum Member

I think that was his HQ in all honesty. His management have access to his twitter.
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the OCC: Last week’s chart topper Arthur has had another huge week of sales, shifting a further 224,000 copies in its second week to bring its tally to 713,000 since release.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    From the OCC: Last week’s chart topper Arthur has had another huge week of sales, shifting a further 224,000 copies in its second week to bring its tally to 713,000 since release.

Will definitely become a million seller, looks likely it will be back at #1 next week and with the Christmas sales will potentially hit the mark within 2 weeks.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    Will definitely become a million seller, looks likely it will be back at #1 next week and with the Christmas sales will potentially hit the mark within 2 weeks.

So many good songs out there and shit like this gets to sell a million
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really pleased for James. Well done.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,219
    Forum Member
    He didn't get the Xmas #1 did he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    He didn't get the Xmas #1 did he?

Yes, he's no. 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 The Justice Collective 269k
    2 James Arthur 224k
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Yes, he's no. 1.

he's #2

Official Charts‏@officialcharts
    Congratulations to The Justice Collective @JFT96Xmas He Ain't Heavy.. is the 2012 #Christmas #Number1 single: http://goo.gl/PQ2v6 #JFT96
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased for James. Well done. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23
    He ain't heavy he's my brother the deserved Xmas number 1. Beautiful song and a very worthy cause. Bless all affected by the disaster #LOVE
    35 mins ago
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to both. They've done very well.:)
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    James sold 233K this week....
    Its sales declining 54.29% in its second frame, James Arthur's Impossible dips 1-2 - but the 233,770 copies it sold last week represent the second highest tally for a number two single in 677 chart weeks thus far in the 21st century, trailing only 2009 X Factor winner Joe McElderry's The Climb, which debuted in that position exactly three years ago on sales of 450,838. The only other number twos to sell in excess of 200,000 copies in a week since 2000 are What Makes A Man by Westlife (2000), Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness (2003) and It Wasn't Me by Shaggy feat. RikRok (2001), which were runners-up on sales of 230,747, 222,561 and 214,370 respectively.

Impossible increases its cumulative sales to 713,330, enough for it to leap 21-8 in the year-to-date rankings.

Musicweek.com
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,219
    Forum Member
    He should get the new year #1 hopefully.
    Forum Member
    I think he'll stay around the top ten for a while ;)
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifth Harmony made a comeback for this song, but now he does another version? It sucks.

This is magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xyM8FfyUI
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But can someone explain me why winner's single is a remake (poor, btw) of an old song and not original?