The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Norway & Denmark are the only ones that sound like potential winners so far.

Not to me -- I think Ukraine given a little polish could though...
    Forum Member
    I did! I'm buzzing.:cool::D

Hungarian qualifiers....

Jury voted

Andras Kalley-Saunders
    Odett
    Plastikhead

Televoters voted

ByeAlex
    Tamas Vastag
    Veca Janicsak

My day just perked up! :)
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I still think Denmark sounding like a potential winner is more a reflection of other songs than the merits of teardrops by itself. I quite like it before you all jump on me :)
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the songs so far I could only see Denmark or Ukraine taking the win in Malmo. Whilst Norway have a really good song it won't win, may do well though. The rest, no chance
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have no idea which one I prefer atm as I love them both so much, so I'm putting them both joint top of my list. I am a bit worried Norway won't do as well as it deserves to though, as it didn't really jump out at me on first listen. I definitely think Denmark has that special something to make it a strong contender though.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I can't even remember how Albania goes.

I keep forgetting they've selected it's THAT dull.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Denmark sounding like a potential winner is more a reflection of other songs than the merits of teardrops by itself. I quite like it before you all jump on me :)

I'm still not convinced about Denmark, it's all a bit contrived for my liking
    BigBmad wrote: »
    From the songs so far I could only see Denmark or Ukraine taking the win in Malmo. Whilst Norway have a really good song it won't win, may do well though. The rest, no chance

I can really see Margaret pulling off a fantastic result in Malmo, it's impossible to say whether it's a winner until we've heard the UK entry ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Norway - Fashion Alert - the hostess' dress for this second part is hideous!

I was distracted by how bad it was too!

Each time I hear I Feed You My Love I like it more and more - Margaret gets the performance perfect! Just hope it has enough instant impact in Malmö as it deserves to do very well.
    Forum Member
    Can I say I'm loving this from Latvia...(sad trumpet from yest.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMR4BzGUqc

Will try and get a vid up for phoenixfly when I find one so you can see what the fuss is all about...:D
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only Andrius looked like Brandon Flowers :(

Qualifiers in Latvia tonight

•Ieva Sutugova – Cold Heart
    •Marta Ritova – I Am Who I Am
    •Grupa PeR – Here We Go
    •Dāvids Kalandija & Dināra – Fool In Love
    •Grupa Pieneņu Vīns – The One
    •Niko – One

No Phoenix Fly?!?!

Mind you, those results are from Eurovision.tv, and we know how well they did in Malta last week :p

PeR with 2 songs in the final then. Don't think it'll harm them too much, but the male Adelen looks to be their strongest competition judging from the voting numbers. I'd say Samanta may have a slim outside chance.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Latvia are screwed again this year, that's the only song I thought would qualify.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the juries are going to go big on Mags personally.
    Forum Member
    PeR with 2 songs in the final then. Don't think it'll harm them too much, but the male Adelen looks to be their strongest competition judging from the voting numbers. I'd say Samanta may have a slim outside chance.

Here we go is totally different...but I love that too...:o:D
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I have Denmark on top, I don't think it will win, I just don't think its strong enough to appeal to eastern countries - plus I don't know how the jury will take it.
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feed You My Love for me is a song that sounds infinitely better live than it does recorded which of course is no bad thing with Eurovision.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still not convinced about Denmark, it's all a bit contrived for my liking

I can really see Margaret pulling off a fantastic result in Malmo, it's impossible to say whether it's a winner until we've heard the UK entry ;)

I agree it's a bit calculated in how it comes across which doesn't work. I wouldn't be surprised if a few songs already picked beat it and that's 10 in.

Margaret I really like a lot. Not sure how it will do in all honesty but I don't really care :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Here we go is totally different...but I love that too...:o:D

I'm calling it as PeR with Here We Go for Malmo.
    Forum Member

*plays a sad, sad trumpet* :(:(:(

:D
  • nmojonesnmojones Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Just got back, really happy Margaret won in Norway, slightly sad that Finland went for Krista, my least favourite of the three, but it's still an ok song. Now I just need to catch up on Sweden, Latvia and Hungary ;) The only songs I could see possibly wining in Malmö are Denmark, Norway and Ukraine, but I don't think we've seen the winner yet.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any news on Belgium yet? Were we not supposed to be getting a new version of Love Kills around now?
    Forum Member
    Is there any news on Belgium yet? Were we not supposed to be getting a new version of Love Kills around now?

*squeals in delight at the possiblity* (if I were a squealer ;))
    Forum Member
    ByeAlex Hungary -- Beware of the raspy voice...but it's gr8!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avt2yGcbIBQ
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    *squeals in delight at the possiblity* (if I were a squealer ;))
    Oh thank god, I thought that said squirt for a second there. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Melfest properly now. Loving Pensioner to the tune of Popular.:D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely! But the crowd loved Niko, must shuffle off to find the "performance" for anyone who missed it :D

Nothing on the Tube yet :(
This discussion has been closed.