The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    It also takes ages to load if more than about 2 or 3 people try and access the site at the same time - I've pretty much given up using it now.

Besides, between penguinperson, escxtra and escinsight, I think I get most of the important news anyway... ;)

I like escxtra but the best source for breaking news is nearly always Andy ESCKaz
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Xenomania have agreed to do it a few times, but pulled out when they couldn't guarantee Radio 1 airplay.

With Scott having an active hand in the selection process, I'm hopeful they've relented this year!
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I'm mildly embarrassed by how much I actually like that Alcohol Is Free song. Anything with a hint of novelty usually like, puts me right off something but actually I think it sort of works here, and it's weirdly listenable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betty is being suggested as the favorite to represent Germany http://www.klatsch-tratsch.de/2013/02/06/betty-dittrich-ist-damit-die-grose-favoritin-bei-unser-star-fur-malmo/149274 I'd be happy with that.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Betty is being suggested as the favorite to represent Germany http://www.klatsch-tratsch.de/2013/02/06/betty-dittrich-ist-damit-die-grose-favoritin-bei-unser-star-fur-malmo/149274 I'd be happy with that.

I haven't listened to all the other German songs...BUT I'd be MORE than happy with this one...
    Forum Member
    Proud of Ireland for eschewing any ex-Westlifer or Voice of Ireland act.

My tip is Kasey or Inchequin.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty would be a good pick for Germany, can't see her winning the radio vote or public votes though, but she might win the jury vote. I can't see past Blitzkids really or possibly Cascada if she can nail the performance. one thing with the German songs though is will we be hearing 3 minute versions in the national final? cos most of them are over the limit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xenomania have agreed to do it a few times, but pulled out when they couldn't guarantee Radio 1 airplay.

With Scott having an active hand in the selection process, I'm hopeful they've relented this year!

Hmmm I think the BBC asked Girls Aloud so in other words Xenomania. Girls Aloud in any form said no. However Xenomania maybe suggest an alternative artisit in return. It's plausible but too obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Betty would be a good pick for Germany, can't see her winning the radio vote or public votes though, but she might win the jury vote. I can't see past Blitzkids really or possibly Cascada if she can nail the performance. one thing with the German songs though is will we be hearing 3 minute versions in the national final? cos most of them are over the limit.

That jury won't vote for Cascada high. They'll do OK in the televotes but I think they'll come around 5th. Söhne Mannheims will probably be the most consistent with Betty, Mia Diekow and Nica and Joe.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a mistake to second guess the jury votes tbh. If last year taught us anything it's that jury members are just people like the rest of us, there's no point projecting our views of what we think is a credible entry onto them.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a mistake to second guess the jury votes tbh. If last year taught us anything it's that jury members are just people like the rest of us, there's no point projecting our views of what we think is a credible entry onto them.

The juries are far more open to bribes than we are :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its not Sohne or Nica and Joe wasn't too big a fan of their songs.
    Forum Member
    Cascada or Nica & Joe for me.

Nica & Joe's isn't as good as their post X-Factor single Build A Palace, but I still love their style!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    The juries are far more open to bribes than we are :D

Well there is that yes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing to do with what they buy into credible. I'm looking at their own back catalogues or stuff they play :D
    Forum Member
    Well there is that yes :D

I'll never try and second guess the Jury vote again after cockily claiming Italy would win it last year, and the UK would "finish Top 5 with the juries".

They have ears like the rest of us, and can tell when someone veers wildly off key!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with what they buy into credible. I'm looking at their own back catalogues or stuff they play :D

Then I'm slightly confused as to why you think any of them would vote for Söhne Mannheims?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll never try and second guess the Jury vote again after cockily claiming Italy would win it last year, and the UK would "finish Top 5 with the juries".

They have ears like the rest of us, and can tell when someone veers wildly off key!

Juries at a national level and ESC level imo are very different. In most cases they'll do as the broadcaster wants. The televote asking what would you like to represent is also a very different question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then I'm slightly confused as to why you think any of them would vote for Söhne Mannheims?

As bad as they are they bleed German taste which is reflected in the bland unadventourus jury

EDIT and you have no idea how much I want to be proven wrong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Confirmation that Rhythm of Love will not be Belarus' song:

http://12points.tv/esc/item/1523-i-love-belarus-got-it-deep-inside

:(
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Confirmation that Rhythm of Love will not be Belarus' song:

http://12points.tv/esc/item/1523-i-love-belarus-got-it-deep-inside

:(

That's a shame. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about 2013. Finland and Norway better pick something good this weekend or I might do a flounce :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    That's a shame. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about 2013. Finland and Norway better pick something good this weekend or I might do a flounce :p

I'm having the same feeling. It's not looking anywhere near as good as 2012.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 are in the final, 2 are not.

What I was trying to ask is why are the two songs already in the final available to listen to in full, but the two that aren't are only partially available? The finalists won't be voted on yet, so I would have thought it would be more likely for them to be only in part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    What I was trying to ask is why are the two songs already in the final available to listen to in full, but the two that aren't are only partially available? The finalists won't be voted on yet, so I would have thought it would be more likely for them to be only in part.

The ones in part are in the final
This discussion has been closed.