Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    ...so... in that article above where the DM readers were having a field day in the comments section... the DM have now decided to blur out the baby's face.... :o

:confused:

It's a bit late to blur it out now . I'm surprised some of those comments have got through though :D
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    DM really adding fuel to a maybe non existant fire there!
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    DM really adding fuel to a maybe non existant fire there!

Indeed, do they think they can get away with it now due to recent developments regarding Clifford ;-)
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »
    Indeed, do they think they can get away with it now due to recent developments regarding Clifford ;-)

This is all pretty hilarious on the face of it. Question is, if any of the Cowell 'stories' ring at all true, in many cases why do it (Cowell junior for instance)? Especially since the truth may come out sooner rather than later? Bizarre set up with so many brands and careers riding on it.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun frontpage leading with the Max Clifford conviction..

..making sure in the headline that people know Cowell was the "first to fire" him.

Quite how The Sun knows he was the "first" I'm not sure..did they have all his other clients phones tapped and made note of who called the quickest?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,945
    Forum Member

Do you think Max & Si or Simax as they no doubt were known competed to see who had the smallest?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »

..making sure in the headline that people know Cowell was the "first to fire" him.

Quite how The Sun knows he was the "first" I'm not sure..did they have all his other clients phones tapped and made note of who called the quickest?

Disgraceful isn't it? A teacher gets stabbed to death in a classroom and all The Sun can think about is protecting the reputation of Lord Cowell on its front page.
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    It's a bit late to blur it out now . I'm surprised some of those comments have got through though :D

All those comments seem to have been deleted now.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »

Well the Sun is a big X Factor supporter who gets lots of exclusive deals with X Factor and Cowell acts for its scoops so it's no surprise it doesn't bite the hand that feeds more.

Is the house of cards falling down? Who knows, time will tell...

I was surprised by this verdict though, tbh. Whilst Maxxy comes off as a real cad bounder type with consenting women his defence seemed pretty solid. I thought the jury would struggle more on some of the allegations given the strong rebuffs his team countered with but seemingly not, and fair enough. C'est la vie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgraceful isn't it? A teacher gets stabbed to death in a classroom and all The Sun can think about is protecting the reputation of Lord Cowell on its front page.

Lord Volde'more' I call him.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So he saw it erect then. But he would have as close as they were. I wonder if Cowell knew about Cliff's hobbies, too. But without him Cowell has to act fast, because without all that hard work he may revert back to gay again :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read on Twitter that apparently Simon put up £50k of his own money as bail for Jonathan King. That's another one you never read about, isn't it?
    Forum Member
    Just read on Twitter that apparently Simon put up £50k of his own money as bail for Jonathan King. That's another one you never read about, isn't it?

No apparently about it, I read about it in Simon's autobiography I think :D Back in the days when he was fairly straightforward. It'd be a shame if all this smoke and mirrors business was simply too many yes men / women around him building up this big brand and making him look a laughing stock as a result. Maybe there is nothing more to see than that? All very odd, the little club though - everyone who works with him treating him like God (even those who could do without him - say Ant & Dec who will be in real trouble if brand Syco ever does take a nasty turn for the worst!), and as this thread details The Sun and Mail acting like he is their owner.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any hidden secrets from Simon's or any other celebs private life will be leaked into the press just because Max has been found guilty. Afterall, if they have done nothing illegal, there is no reason to.

I hope the press do realise that the clients are not Max and leave their private lives alone.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the press do realise that the clients are not Max and leave their private lives alone.

He might have to show that he can resume the business from behind the bars, where they just love Max's kind, BTW. Or assign a new Godfather. Otherwise the media people might just be too happy to throw him under a bus.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, I have seen it mentioned in the papers before. If I remember correctly, I think Simon said in the press that he just gave the money without asking any questions on why he'd been arrested... or something along those lines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those comments seem to have been deleted now.

wow... there was nearly 260 comments on that article last night. About 100 have gone...
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,945
    Forum Member
    Actually, I have seen it mentioned in the papers before. If I remember correctly, I think Simon said in the press that he just gave the money without asking any questions on why he'd been arrested... or something along those lines.

It wasn't revealed for 3 years.....by chance or by design?
    As he relaxes this week at his £2,000-a-night hotel in Barbados, I doubt pop svengali Simon Cowell will spare much thought for Prisoner FF8782 in Maidstone prison in Kent.

But the prisoner - who is, in fact, disgraced pop impresario and convicted paedophile Jonathan King - and Cowell have a link that has remained secret... until now.

For Cowell - Mr Nasty on such talent shows as Pop Idol and The X Factor - put up £50,000 of his then friend's £150,000 bail after he was first arrested.

According to King, when Cowell heard he'd been arrested, he was the first person to offer to help.

And as we know the first to ditch Max.
    Forum Member
    wow... there was nearly 260 comments on that article last night. About 100 have gone...

It's like being in a certain era in Germany! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DM, are without doubt, one of the most suckass PR-loving PR papers out there but to play devils advocate, any showing of a baby's face might have been an initial printing oversight on their part. We see lots of celebs get their really young childrens faces blurred out, esp babies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    It wasn't revealed for 3 years.....by chance or by design?

And as we know the first to ditch Max.

Clifford pops up in that article too... apparently the victims went to him with their stories
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    The DM, are without doubt, one of the most suckass PR-loving PR papers out there but to play devils advocate, any showing of a baby's face might have been an initial printing oversight on their part. We see lots of celebs get their really young childrens faces blurred out, esp babies.

Yeah, that did cross my mind too.

It just seemed noticeable since he seemingly hasn't minded that his face has been in the press up to now. Maybe he finally wants some privacy...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you follow Kevin O'Sullivan the Daily. Mirror TV critic on Twitter? He has Simon's card marked good and proper, and doesn't seem to fawn over him in the way that others in the media do. He was having an interesting conversation with Steve Brookstein on there yesterday which went some thing along the lines of "we both know what Cowell is like, but most. TV viewers haven't yet cottoned on" or something like that. A bit of an eye opener, clearly it's not just us on here who've sussed him out ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Steve Brookstein still seems furious about his x factor years.

Regarding Max, it feels as if its the press spreading the idea that he may write a tellall to pay his fees rather than it being fact, or at least as yet. Its almost as if theyre really hoping he will.