Time for a new trailer?

Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
Forum Member
Last year, the Ultimate X Factor Mash Up premiered on this very day (26th July).

Do you reckon we'll see a trailer in these coming days?

I seem to remember reading they were doing one with just Simon in a James Bond style sequence, as well as the rumored 'Judges at war' one.

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is going to be a high-budget trailer released soon. Apparently, it's the best X Factor trailer they've ever produced, and is being treated as a mini-film, with top class cinematography. It's been directed by Ben Winston, a well acclaimed director, who is known to work with Syco Entertainment on the One Direction music videos.

The narrative concept of the trailer seems really exciting. Essentially, there's going to be a big war between the judges, as a way of empathising how they'll be pitted against each other throughout.

Each judge will have their own 'army' of singers, representing the four categories. Simon will meet his team, after flying in on a helicopter; hence the 'James Bond' theme. Before Simon's arrival though, will be the other three judges. Louis and Mel will each appear with their armies, as Mel 'shoots an icy stare' in Louis' direction.

The camera will then follow a pair of heels belonging to Cheryl. She'll look at the camera and say 'Guess who's back?'.

The trailer will conclude with the four rival armies charging towards each other, creating the show’s “X” logo, as a voice over announces: “Simon and Cheryl are back with the *ultimate judging panel, and this time they mean *business.”

According to this website, leaked documents state that the trailer is to be “stylish, epic” and shot with “beauty and flair”.

Sounds really exciting to me, and I literally cannot wait to see it :D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Yeah, there is going to be a high-budget trailer released soon. Apparently, it's the best X Factor trailer they've ever produced, and is being treated as a mini-film, with top class cinematography. It's been directed by Ben Winston, a well acclaimed director, who is known to work with Syco Entertainment on the One Direction music videos.

The narrative concept of the trailer seems really exciting. Essentially, there's going to be a big war between the judges, as a way of empathising how they'll be pitted against each other throughout.

Each judge will have their own 'army' of singers, representing the four categories. Simon will meet his team, after flying in on a helicopter; hence the 'James Bond' theme. Before Simon's arrival though, will be the other three judges. Louis and Mel will each appear with their armies, as Mel 'shoots an icy stare' in Louis' direction.

The camera will then follow a pair of heels belonging to Cheryl. She'll look at the camera and say 'Guess who's back?'.

The trailer will conclude with the four rival armies charging towards each other, creating the show’s “X” logo, as a voice over announces: “Simon and Cheryl are back with the *ultimate judging panel, and this time they mean *business.”

According to this website, leaked documents state that the trailer is to be “stylish, epic” and shot with “beauty and flair”.

Sounds like the focus will be on Cheryl returning. Sigh. She really turns to the camera to say guess who's back? Yes we know who's back, it's all we've heard about for the past 4 months!
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Sounds like the focus will be on Cheryl returning. Sigh. She really turns to the camera to say guess who's back? Yes we know who's back, it's all we've heard about for the past 4 months!

It was the same with Sharon last year - Cheryl's a returning judge, so it was obviously going to happen. No doubt the same would happen if Dannii ever returned.

No big deal really.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like the sound of that, looking forward to seeing it.
    Forum Member
    It was the same with Sharon last year - Cheryl's a returning judge, so it was obviously going to happen. No doubt the same would happen if Dannii ever returned.

No big deal really.

I would rather the focus be on Mel B to be honest, considering she is the new judge...
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather the focus be on Mel B to be honest, considering she is the new judge...

So if it was Dannii and not Cheryl who was the returning judge this year, you would still want the focus to be on Mel B?
    Forum Member
    So if it was Dannii and not Cheryl who was the returning judge this year, you would still want the focus to be on Mel B?

I'd understand it. Plus it's not just Cheryl who is returning. It's Simon too.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd understand it. Plus it's not just Cheryl who is returning. It's Simon too.

It says both of them. There will be a bit more light on Cheryl, prob coz of what happened on XFUSA.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the mash up last year. Much preferred that to the usual judge-focussed trailers (although understandably Simon and Cheryl returning is a big focus ahead of the new series).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Any trailer without Tweedy in it, is a must.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely something will be out soon trailer or even new photo shoot, we're almost in August, the month the show normally starts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Any trailer without Tweedy in it, is a must.

Definitely won't happen.
    Forum Member
    Definitely won't happen.

It might, if cowell decides to make more XF "changes"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    It might, if cowell decides to make more XF "changes"

Well the main change Simon has brought to the show is making all about Cheryl again :cool:
    Forum Member
    Well the main change Simon has brought to the show is making all about Cheryl again :cool:

Of course, just like Cowell did in the US XF........oh wait...... ;-)
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the x factor promo this year will be about not just new judge Mel B and the return of simon and cheryl it might be about that its 10 years since x factor started which was 2004, even though they did it last year