Options

Doctor Who 2015 DVD/Blu-Ray Release Schedule

Comments

• Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally had a chance to watch Mawdryn Undead. It was a good story, but I really don't like Turlough in the story. He's a cad, a rapscallion and a liar. I did really enjoy seeing The Brigadier. That was awesome. :):):) And it was nice to see him travel in The Tardis. :):):)

I will hopefully be watching Terminus and Enlightenment over the rest of the week.

Oh, and I received The Hand of Fear as an early Christmas present yesterday. Hooray! :):):)
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I finally had a chance to watch Mawdryn Undead. It was a good story, but I really don't like Turlough in the story. He's a cad, a rapscallion and a liar. I did really enjoy seeing The Brigadier. That was awesome. :):):) And it was nice to see him travel in The Tardis. :):):)

I will hopefully be watching Terminus and Enlightenment over the rest of the week.

Oh, and I received The Hand of Fear as an early Christmas present yesterday. Hooray! :):):)

Mawdryn is okay. I love your descriptions of Turlough!

Enlightenment is one of my all-time favourites. It's a lovely piece of work.

Keep these reviews coming, Theophile! :)
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us know what you think of the optional cgi in mawdryn undead and terminus. Works quite well in terminus where you can tell what is actually going on rather than the transmitted version which is a bit confusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Enlightenment megamix underlines why CGI is jot always a good thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed by the special edition of enlightenment. They should have just had it with optional cgi, but hey what a vfm boxset it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching Terminus. I thought that it was quite good. I love the idea of the Leper Ship. The young pirate was wearing way too much eye makeup, but the acting and everything else was good.

By the way, I will be away from this forum for a week since I will be going to my grandmother's for Christmas (as I always do). Y'all have a very Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on. This is ONLY a minor issue, I got series 8 on Blu Ray for Christmas and on the box the picture is in 1080i. However, on the US release the picture is in 1080p, is there any reason behind this difference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on. This is ONLY a minor issue, I got series 8 on Blu Ray for Christmas and on the box the picture is in 1080i. However, on the US release the picture is in 1080p, is there any reason behind this difference?
    There is a thread on this matter on the frontios section of gallifrey base that I think will answer your questions.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread on this matter on the frontios section of gallifrey base that I think will answer your questions.

Thanks.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.k.... I am back. I didn't receive any more Doctor Who for Christmas, but I did have a great time. I hope that y'all had fun as well. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24th to 28th been so busy. Having a rest this week before return to work next week. Might end up getting the dvd of last christmas as although I watched most of it live my off air recording was terrible, kept breaking up maybe due to the weather conditions. Looking out for a bbc3 repeat. 2015 still looking bleak for classic releases. Just waiting for underwater menace and that will be that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I finally watched Enlightenment this week and I think that it is the best of the three. Turlough finally got the monkey off his back. Also, the whole idea of the Eternals and the race was a lot of fun. I'll have to watch that one again sometime soon.

Edit: Oh, and I love the women in those dresses. "Battle of the Cleavage" and it was fun. :):):)
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Found the entire series 8 on DVD for a bargain £16.99.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw new copies of season 8 in cex before Christmas for £18.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone still got the faulty disc 1 of the daemons? I sent mine back to BBC dvd support on 1st December and got back the corrected version yesterday. Less than a 2 week turnaround.
    I've still got this to watch, what fault(s) should I be looking out for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I love the women in those dresses. "Battle of the Cleavage" and it was fun. :):):)

Lynda Baron as Captain Wrack! It's as if she has two little bald men standing in front of her throughout. Ad I was so used to seeing her as dowdy Nurse Gladys ...

PS ... I have just passed my 9,000th post on this forum ... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    I've still got this to watch, what fault(s) should I be looking out for?

There is a split second scene round about 3min 25 sec in ep 1 where the screen goes black and jumps a frame or two as Bessie goes around in a circle on her own. Its barely noticeable and didn't really bother me but as the bbc were offering replacements I decided to get a perfect copy of one of my favourite stories. Its quite possible you have the fixed version if you have recently bought from the BBC shop. If you are not happy email dvdsupport@bbc.com and they will give you a free post address to send the disc only to for foc replacement. Mine came back in less than 2 weeks from posting off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching Planet of Evil. I remembered bits of it, so I think that I saw it back in the 1980's. While I enjoyed it, I don't think that it was one of the better Tom Baker stories/serials. It was fun, though. :)
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a split second scene round about 3min 25 sec in ep 1 where the screen goes black and jumps a frame or two as Bessie goes around in a circle on her own. Its barely noticeable and didn't really bother me but as the bbc were offering replacements I decided to get a perfect copy of one of my favourite stories. Its quite possible you have the fixed version if you have recently bought from the BBC shop. If you are not happy email dvdsupport@bbc.com and they will give you a free post address to send the disc only to for foc replacement. Mine came back in less than 2 weeks from posting off.
    Thanks for the reply, I've had a look and can't see anything like you describe, my copy seems to be ok.

Should have mentioned that I've had The Daemons for quite a while just haven't had the time to watch it yet, purchased it around December 2012, not sure if this would matter, was it just a certain batch that was affected?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got one of the Revisitations set (Tomb of the Cybermen, The Three Doctors and Robots of Death) and Enemy of the World for Xmas. Bought myself The Tenth Planet and The Moonbase. This means I can watch all of series 4 and 5 without having to buy more! Currently on The Ark.
  • Options
    EMSF144EMSF144 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I appear to have arrived on these forums a bit late seeing as the doctor who dvd releases are rather drying up now. It would be nice if they could do some more of the revisitations but it seems unlikely. However discussing the new dvds that people get is good and interesting way of keeping this forum going.
  • Options
    VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EMSF144 wrote: »
    I appear to have arrived on these forums a bit late seeing as the doctor who dvd releases are rather drying up now. It would be nice if they could do some more of the revisitations but it seems unlikely. However discussing the new dvds that people get is good and interesting way of keeping this forum going.

BIB: I completely agree. I've visited this thread a lot more since this became the principal subject, even if I don't contribute much.

Welcome to the Forum!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an OK Christmas, me. Could've been better. I got mostly money from relatives, so on 27th, I went out and got the official 2015 Doctor Who Calendar. The one that has the DW magazine comic strip drawings. I also bought a DW diary.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9OcHXVvfQBc/VIXSyjNkJ1I/AAAAAAAASFY/qr5S6erWaw8/s1600/calendar_drwho.jpg

http://assets.tb.gbposters.com/images/originals/0007/0640/Doctor-Who-diary-front.jpg

I got the Series 8 box set as an early Christmas present. My father gave me the cash to buy it, on the day of release. So that was good! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I've had a look and can't see anything like you describe, my copy seems to be ok.

Should have mentioned that I've had The Daemons for quite a while just haven't had the time to watch it yet, purchased it around December 2012, not sure if this would matter, was it just a certain batch that was affected?

Thanks for your help.

Taken from the gb daemons thread:
    Disc serial number A0101921677-A912 02 is faulty
    Disc serial number A0101968083-A912 17 and A0101968083-A912 02 are fixed.
  • Options
    EMSF144EMSF144 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    BIB: I completely agree. I've visited this thread a lot more since this became the principal subject, even if I don't contribute much.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thank you.

I am only have a relatively small collection of around 30 of the classic who dvds but I will hopefully be able to collect them all over the next few months/years. It is certainly a lot easier to get them here in the UK than the US. Im currently waiting for Day of the Daleks, The Green Death and The Seeds of Doom to come in the post. Got all 3 off amazon for less than £20