Shampoo - Aaaaaargh!!

Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
Forum Member
Just got out of the shower....
Wife has bought some 'Elvive' shampoo and conditioner....

"Fair enough" I hear you say.......BUT.....

I had to read almost the WHOLE of the front of the bottles to discover which was shampoo, and which was conditioner.
They have all this b*ll*cks about - 'colour fast', 'UV protection', 'advanced formula', radiance and shine', 'de-tangle technology', 'laser-guided', 'High definition DVD', etc, etc...

(OK so I exaggerated about the laser)

Then in tiny print, half-way through, the word 'shampoo'

What the hell is going on?

There should be an all-in-one shampoo and conditioner for blokes.
Called 'Blokey' or something.
It can come in 3 grades....
'Cheap Shampoo' - basic stuff that does the job
'Good Shampoo' - better stuff, with maybe a smell of something other than soap
'Pretentious Shampoo' - basically, it's the 'good' stuff, in a fancy bottle, for those who like to spend more on themselves in the misguided belief that all that fancy crap actually does a better job.

rant over :o

Comments

• Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Usually the shampoo is the bottle with the cap at the top and the conditioner is the one with the cap at the bottom, that should make it a little quicker next time! :D
  • timeytimey Posts: 19,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can never get the right shampoo for "my sort of hair" these days. It's all too complicated now. I remember when it was all just "shampoo".
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the shampoo is the bottle with the cap at the top and the conditioner is the one with the cap at the bottom, that should make it a little quicker next time! :D

LOL! Or you could just do what all the blokes in our family do and just use shower gel! Very image conscious the blokes of our family are! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think head & shoulders do a mens shampoo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use homemade shampoo made out of Beer & Cow muck.

:)
  • cazkinscazkins Posts: 5,136
    Forum Member
    Does anyone here wear their spectacles in the shower? I only ask because I wonder how I am meant to read the labels on bottles of shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, hair removal product etc. while in the shower. Many's the time I've had to get out of the shower, dry off and go back to the bedroom to get my glasses to find out a) what I'm using and b) how to use it! :mad:
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    cazkins wrote: »
    Does anyone here wear their spectacles in the shower? I only ask because I wonder how I am meant to read the labels on bottles of shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, hair removal product etc. while in the shower. Many's the time I've had to get out of the shower, dry off and go back to the bedroom to get my glasses to find out a) what I'm using and b) how to use it! :mad:

Line them up in a row along the bath edge before you start, then once you're in you start at one end and work you way along the line! :D:D
  • StoooStooo Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shave it off! Low drag, low maintainence! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    How about a plain bottle with the only words "Shampoo" in enormous letters down the side. and the other with Conditioner. I agree they put what it actually is in the small print. Sometimes I pour some out and if its white its conditioner and if its clear its shampoo. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can never get the right shampoo for "my sort of hair" these days. It's all too complicated now. I remember when it was all just "shampoo".

Not a problem anymore too much wash & go in the past done the job :cry:
  • cazkinscazkins Posts: 5,136
    Forum Member
    Line them up in a row along the bath edge before you start, then once you're in you start at one end and work you way along the line! :D:D

Good idea! If only I had a bath! :D:D:D
  • Beth88Beth88 Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Mark hill shampoo it is Really good but then again at almost 6 pound a pop it best be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my ex's used to use Fairy Liquid, he thought it wasn't manly to use shampoo. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used Fairy Liquid once to make my hair lighter after dying it too dark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperFool wrote: »
    I used Fairy Liquid once to make my hair lighter after dying it too dark

Yeah? Did it work? Only funny you should say that.... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it did eventually work. I had to wash it with it for a good few weeks though to get it to gradually lighten. I dyed it black once and regretted it...it soon went back brown!
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »
    There should be an all-in-one shampoo and conditioner for blokes.
    Called 'Blokey' or something.
    It can come in 3 grades....
    'Cheap Shampoo' - basic stuff that does the job
    'Good Shampoo' - better stuff, with maybe a smell of..

There should also be air fresheners and washing powder for men. There IS a market for it.

"Summer fresh", my arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I got impatient in Tesco once and grabbed any shampoo, aslong as I saw the word "shampoo" I was happy, only to realise when I was in the shower, it was thickening mens shampoo for thinning hair :(

My hair doesn't need thickening
    I am not a man
    My hair isn't thinning

:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sh1t wrote: »
    There should also be air fresheners and washing powder for men. There IS a market for it.

"Summer fresh", my arse.

Eau de man ... ewww I'll pass thanks :D
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eau de man ... ewww I'll pass thanks :D

Yeah well that means "water of man", which is piss.

Man's stuff should be called

THRUST or PHALLIC

Are you listening Lobortowaaa Garnier? Hmm?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sh1t wrote: »
    Yeah well that means "water of man", which is piss.

Man's stuff should be called

THRUST or PHALLIC

Are you listening Lobortowaaa Garnier? Hmm?

How about Man Juice :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Rugger Groin' by Lynx. :)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mis-read that as Elvis shampoo. It brought a terrific image into my head and I was quite disappointed when I re-read it:D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just used normal soap to wash my hair for many, many years..................on the principle that if it's good enough for your face, it's certainly good enough for your hair.