Steve Brookstein vs Louis Tomlinson's mum on twitter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Well in my personal experience you can be the best damn builder in the world, have been to builder university, been an apprentice to one of the great building legands; but if the builder is a giant knob no-one wants to hire him.... :p
    Depends. People who want a builder to build rather than make polite conversation (madness!) probably would hire him, particularly if he was the best damn builder in the world.

And especially if the alternative was a friendly chap who doesn't really know much about building, can't really build, but has seen it done and thinks he'd be alright at it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he is right. The boy can't sing. He has had a free pass throughout this entire competition. He doesn't even sing the backing vocals. He had a vacation all this time and it's really unfair. Matt had to sing with a shot voice all this time. Not fair to Mary who was in bed sick. And to other contestants who actually DID something.

Having said that Steve should keep his thoughts to himself. No need to tweet his mother and Louis. I think he shouldn't be part of the group but don't tweet him offensive stuff. No need to imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aengil wrote: »
    Depends. People who want a builder to build rather than make polite conversation (madness!) probably would hire him, particularly if he was the best damn builder in the world.

And especially if the alternative was a friendly chap who doesn't really know much about building, can't really build, but has seen it done and thinks he'd be alright at it.

There are plenty of builder who are fantastic at their trade and not rude. I'd pick them. It's not a choice between one or the other because I wouldn't pick either of them.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve is completely right, though. Louis is incredibly lucky to be in One Direction.
    I don't care how "rude" Steve may seem, thinking about Louis being in One Direction makes me irritated when you think about all the struggling, undiscovered male artists his age who actually have talent and don't use home auto tune to enhance their vocals on YouTube.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Has Louis sang? I'm no 1D fan but Steve is a prize bellend and troll for attacking a boy and his mum that way. He should keep his thoughts to himself.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    This is what twitter is for, and Steve has every right to tweet his opinions just as everyone else.
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve can make as many nasty comments as he likes and get as much attention as he likes from making them, but at the end of the day NO ONE is going to buy his records. It's just one endless self-damaging cycle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody on this forum told me SB was a nice guy and I took their word for it...

Clearly, they lied!

From everything I have heard and read about Brookstein ... he really is the arrogant, obnoxious and bitter man I thought he was.

I should trust my own judgement.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's unbelievable that someone as talentless as Louis made it through to the final of the UK s biggest talent competition and it does make you wonder what connections he has, however Steve Brookstein is an absolute moron- why tweet his mother when she clearly is going to have faith in her own son and it's pretty much the saddest thing you can do to have an Internet row with someone you've never even met :-/
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I don't remember Louis' audition either but Steve is very rude saying what he said (though I dont remember Louis singing).
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah04 wrote: »
    not the impression i got :rolleyes:

Well get you I can roll my eyes too you know :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    he is not attacking a kid, he is giving good advice...

He was deliberately baiting someone and thriving on negativity. As is the usual way of things with Brookstein on the internet.

He also acts like he's the final authority on anything X-Factor related and seems to pop up every time there is a series solely to get attention for himself because bashing the show and anything to do with it seems to be the only way he gets noticed these days.

Like I said, he's a professional troll.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    He was deliberately baiting someone and thriving on negativity. As is the usual way of things with Brookstein on the internet.

He also acts like he's the final authority on anything X-Factor related and seems to pop up every time there is a series solely to get attention for himself because bashing the show and anything to do with it seems to be the only way he gets noticed these days.

Like I said, he's a professional troll.

He seemingly just waits until the next X-factor rolls around to have a pop doesn't he that's the only time he seems to remain relevant.

I mean next year he'll probably explode with X-factor USA to slag off and X-facxtor UK as well. Christ he might spontaneously combust with his bitterness.
  • lizzeylizzey Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ever Steve B puts up on twitter is up to him if silly people want to put it on DS there is not much he can do about it .Stop doing threads about him people end off xx
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Steve get over it. Has he nothing better to do with his time.:rolleyes:

We saw louis sing one line! The first half of which was pitchy but you can tell he has a nice wee voice under the nerves, then it goes a bit :eek:
    I have watched enough X Factor auditions ovet the years to know when someone is tone death and a lost cause and to know when somone has a nice wee voice but is letting nerves get the better of him. Louis is the latter for sure. You can tell by his body language and the look on his face that he knew he had ballsed it up. The judges gave him a 2nd chance but we didnt get to see why. We only saw about 10 seconds. So unless we see his full audition Steve Brookstiend needs to buy him self a relaity check and a healthy dose of perspective.

That being said is Louis going to set the world alight with his awe inspiring vocal ability?
    err No.
    That is why he never got past bootcamp as a solo singer. But what talent he has (and yes he does have some imo before anyone starts:rolleyes:) will work nicley for a boyband. Where realisticly you only need 1 or 2 strong lead singers (Harry and Liam)
    To anyone whingeing about how he shouldnt be in the band.
    By that rekoning Jason Orange and Mark Owen should be banished from Take That (they may be dorced to take Howard with them)
    Shane and Kieth(and Mickey who can sing but rarley does) banished from Boyzone
    Nicky and Kian banished from Westlife.
    I could go on.

He is a beautiful boy with a cracking personlity (and one hell of a smile) who was a nervous wreck, Its obvious to me why the judges saw that he was worth a punt for bootcamp. They have let worse than that through who had little potential for anything other than TV ratings. Jedward anyone?
    Louis stll needs to work on his voice (and confidence) He sounds great on the boys winners single. Which shows he does have a voice. He just needs to work on his cofidence so that he can bring that out when they perform live.

And seen as how confidence would seem to be Louis biggest hurdle, way to go Steve, pat yourself on the back.

Idiot :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me that thinks the whole thing is really, really funny? Both parties are digging themselves deeper and deeper and are acting like morons :D
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leaby wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks the whole thing is really, really funny? Both parties are digging themselves deeper and deeper and are acting like morons :D

The only moron as far as I can see is Brookstein. What does he actually do for a living these days...apart from popping up during every series of X-Factor to slag people off?

Seriously, if he wants a career in music, he should be concentrating all his time and energy on that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I have a funny feeling that Steve has been on this thread under another name!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The only moron as far as I can see is Brookstein. What does he actually do for a living these days...apart from popping up during every series of X-Factor to slag people off?

Seriously, if he wants a career in music, he should be concentrating all his time and energy on that!

Yeah, but if she had any sense she'dve walked away a long time ago and stopped taking the bait :D
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow at Louis amazing response to Steve.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/7hs1fo
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolWtf wrote: »
    Wow at Louis amazing response to Steve.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/7hs1fo

And steve's response

stevebrookstein steve brookstein
    Cracking up after reading the PR tweet from Syco Music on Louis' Twitter. It is a classic!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/stevebrookstein
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I must say, i too am finding it quite amusing - especially when it's Cowell & his XF that really comes out of it the worst..

Here we have his first ever X Factor winner, who it turns out is quite a bitter and grumpy man, in no small way down to the way that Cowell treated him and there he is publicly slating one of this years finalists for blatantly not being able to sing..

In a way, it's quite a neat little circle demonstrating just how cynical the XF really is..

The truth is, no one comes out of this well - it's a lot of fun to watch though!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, i too am finding it quite amusing - especially when it's Cowell & his XF that really comes out of it the worst..

Here we have his first ever X Factor winner, who it turns out is quite a bitter and grumpy man, in no small way down to the way that Cowell treated him and there he is publicly slating one of this years finalists for blatantly not being able to sing..

In a way, it's quite a neat little circle demonstrating just how cynical the XF really is..

The truth is, no one comes out of this well - it's a lot of fun to watch though!! :D

Amen to that!! :)
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

The man stikes me as a tad bitter and pathetic, which this response kind of backs up. Sad really very sad :(
  • julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leaby wrote: »

I think this whole twitter drama is extremely amusing... :):)