Options

Supernatural - Season 6 - Sky Living/HD Pace - No Spoilers

The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just starting a discussion thread for Supernatural Season 6 which starts tonight at 10pm on Sky Living/HD.

I know this season has already been shown in its entirety in the US, and some people may well have seen it already, but for the benefit of those of us that haven't, please don't post any spoilers, or otherwise discuss anything that happens in an episode that has not yet been broadcast on Sky Living/HD. :)

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there anyone who hadn't already seen it?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched at US Pace. Watching it again in HD on Living. I don't discuss in UK pace threads when I've done a US pace watch so will just lurk on here so as not to spoil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there anyone who hadn't already seen it?:(

I hadn't already seen it, hence the request in the first post.

I thought it was a decent opener. Seeing Sam standing outside Lisa's house at the end of season five gave them an opening. However it was inevitable that with everything else pretty much tied up at the end of the previous season, that they would have to start to unpick a few things in this episode. With that in mind, I thought they balanced the need for some unpicking with the need to have a more general storyline for this episode quite well. All in all I thought it was quite good.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't already seen it, hence the request in the first post.

I thought it was a decent opener. Seeing Sam standing outside Lisa's house at the end of season five gave them an opening. However it was inevitable that with everything else pretty much tied up at the end of the previous season, that they would have to start to unpick a few things in this episode. With that in mind, I thought they balanced the need for some unpicking with the need to have a more general storyline for this episode quite well. All in all I thought it was quite good.

I also haven't seen it as I don't really do US pace any more.

But I agree with you, I also thought it was a decent opener. It makes me wonder if Sam standing outside Lisa's house was added on after they found they'd been renewed ?.

I did think it was a nice twist to find out that Sam was only in hell a few weeks and that he had been out and hunting as well. Seems a bit weird they've brought the grandfather not only back from the dead but seemingly through time as well?

Makes you wonder if their father is also back as well ?

(And no, that's not a request for a spoiler anyone else reading this :))
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also haven't seen it as I don't really do US pace any more.

But I agree with you, I also thought it was a decent opener. It makes me wonder if Sam standing outside Lisa's house was added on after they found they'd been renewed ?.

I did think it was a nice twist to find out that Sam was only in hell a few weeks and that he had been out and hunting as well. Seems a bit weird they've brought the grandfather not only back from the dead but seemingly through time as well?

Makes you wonder if their father is also back as well ?

(And no, that's not a request for a spoiler anyone else reading this :))

I hadn't thought of that bit. But bringing people back from the dead is a regular thing on Supernatural seemingly!
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I thought it was a decent enough start as well. I'm not sure about the new characters just yet but I don't think they will be in it every week, which is good, as I think the show works better with just Dean and Sam travelling together. I really felt for Dean when Bobby revealed he'd known Sam had been back all year.

The actual story of the episode (the Djinns) took a backseat to setting up everything again, which was a bit annoying seeing I loved the Djinn episode they did before.

But yes, I enjoyed it and looking forward to next week. I wonder how long it will be before Dean is back on the road full time.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something is nagging at me telling me that Sam is
    Lucifer
    I haven't seen the show at US pace or seen any spoilers so i'm watching it on Sky Living.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    But yes, I enjoyed it and looking forward to next week. I wonder how long it will be before Dean is back on the road full time.

I suspect you'll get a situation where Lisa lets him go or gets killed. I guess it would make for another story thread if she did get killed because Dean would want to find who did it and exact his revenge.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing this episode did make me miss and that was old yellow eyes. Very few actor/villains work in TV shows but he was one of them along with Lucifer and Crowley. Original Meg was much better than her replacement last year, sadly:(
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I thought the first episode was ok. They had to semi reinvent the story line in a way I think as they werent sure until very late in season 5 about a renewal, the original story arc was only 5 series, so in that respect think they did a good job setting the scene.

Im just glad its back, really missed this show!

:D
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't really like the first episode but I know this show will improve. I very rarely like the first episode when Supernatural comes back
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I decided not to watch at US pace and get my HD fix.

Didn't like the first episode much, too many people sort of our gang and Dean we don't need you now. Sort of hoping they kill off the newbies.:cool:
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the new eps on Living (HD yay!) when Dean gets the impala out and Smoke on the Water starts playing Living HD decide to speak over it! I mean come on, wait until the episode's over before you do that! Lucky I had seen it before, but I love that moment. It's worse than a cartoon Graham Norton invading Doctor Who at the cliffhanger moment!
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Just watching the new eps on Living (HD yay!) when Dean gets the impala out and Smoke on the Water starts playing Living HD decide to speak over it! I mean come on, wait until the episode's over before you do that! Lucky I had seen it before, but I love that moment. It's worse than a cartoon Graham Norton invading Doctor Who at the cliffhanger moment!

OMG do they really speak over the ending of every show now?
    thats unacceptable!!!

during the credits sure but when the flipping things still on NO NO NO!!

especially when theres cool music playing aswell:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the playing of a voiceover over the last scene was probably an error. Although I've seen it happen before occasionally, I've never seen it happen anywhere near often enough to assume it is a standard practice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »

I am absolutely livid about this. I wasn't watching on Living HD, just regular Living, but did the HD channel also shrink Supernatural to the bottom quarter of the screen and show a huge advert for Nikita? (I think that was the show)

Actually tempted to write an email to them. An important scene in teh context of the show, as it shows Dean going back on the road with his brother. It has kickass music going down, and sexy shots of the Impala and they totally ruin it!

Does anyone know an email address for Sky Living I can email a complaint to? Looked around their website and cannot find anything :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am absolutely livid about this. I wasn't watching on Living HD, just regular Living, but did the HD channel also shrink Supernatural to the bottom quarter of the screen and show a huge advert for Nikita? (I think that was the show)

Actually tempted to write an email to them. An important scene in teh context of the show, as it shows Dean going back on the road with his brother. It has kickass music going down, and sexy shots of the Impala and they totally ruin it!

Does anyone know an email address for Sky Living I can email a complaint to? Looked around their website and cannot find anything :(

Living HD was affected in the same way. To say it was annoying is an understatement. Dean rips back the tarp to bring the Impala back into play, to the sound of Smoke on the Water. A totally cool moment ruined by some numpty pushing a button at the wrong time.

The episode is thankfully available on Anytime. So you can watch it as intended. But if the moment has been spoilt by watching the Living transmission that won't be much use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Living HD was affected in the same way. To say it was annoying is an understatement. Dean rips back the tarp to bring the Impala back into play, to the sound of Smoke on the Water. A totally cool moment ruined by some numpty pushing a button at the wrong time.

The episode is thankfully available on Anytime. So you can watch it as intended. But if the moment has been spoilt by watching the Living transmission that won't be much use.

I've already gone onto Youtube and watched the scene uninterrupted :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already gone onto Youtube and watched the scene uninterrupted :D

It's a really cool scene isn't it? Living can be an half assed operation at times. They do tend to make a lot of howlers:mad::mad:
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is Sky Living's twitter pages & it seems people have complained and they apologised :rolleyes:

http://twitter.com/SkyLivingOnline & http://twitter.com/Sky_Living
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member

I've just watched the episode as I missed it last night and I'm glad I'm not the only one angry about this.The Impala is such an iconic part of Supernatural that minimising the screen during the last scene is blasphemy well in supernatural terms but still!

They could have waited for the credits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the episode as I missed it last night and I'm glad I'm not the only one angry about this.The Impala is such an iconic part of Supernatural that minimising the screen during the last scene is blasphemy well in supernatural terms but still!

They could have waited for the credits

Looking at their Twitter page, it seems it was accidental. So I'll forgive them for now.

Anyway, talking about the actual episode, I thought it was much better than the opener. I do love a good shapeshifter episode! The scene with Dean and Sam in the supermarket buying baby stuff was really funny, good to see the comedy coming back into the show.

What is Samuel playing at, last week catching a Djinn alive and now wanting a shapeshifter? Me thinks he is up to no good. I felt bad for Dean when Lisa said he should leave, but it had to happen really. Now we're back to where we want to be, the Winchester boys on the road in the Impala kicking ass :D

Oh, and is Samuel their grandfather? I could've sworn I heard them mention that, but they keep calling him Samuel? Bit odd. Can anyone clarify? And the other hunters are their cousins, right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Looking at their Twitter page, it seems it was accidental. So I'll forgive them for now.

Anyway, talking about the actual episode, I thought it was much better than the opener. I do love a good shapeshifter episode! The scene with Dean and Sam in the supermarket buying baby stuff was really funny, good to see the comedy coming back into the show.

What is Samuel playing at, last week catching a Djinn alive and now wanting a shapeshifter? Me thinks he is up to no good. I felt bad for Dean when Lisa said he should leave, but it had to happen really. Now we're back to where we want to be, the Winchester boys on the road in the Impala kicking ass :D

Oh, and is Samuel their grandfather? I could've sworn I heard them mention that, but they keep calling him Samuel? Bit odd. Can anyone clarify? And the other hunters are their cousins, right?

Yeah Samuel is their Grandfather he's been in two previous episodes. I was just waiting for Lisa to tell him to go I'm glad they didn't make her all bitchy about it and tell him he it was all or nothing but it had to happen because another 20 episodes of Dean living with Lisa was never going to work.

Sam doesn't seem quite right to me but then I'm guessing this is something to do with what he went through.

Now I just have to wait patiently with fingers crossed for Cas to come back!
  • Options
    emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Here is Sky Living's twitter pages & it seems people have complained and they apologised :rolleyes:

http://twitter.com/SkyLivingOnline & http://twitter.com/Sky_Living

Glad to hear they have apologised, I was livid last night ruining a fabulous scene with Dean and the Impala, we have all had to wait long enough for Supernatural to return and don't need Living ruining the show, especially when the credits hadn't even rolled!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    this weeks episode is on Sky Anytime, so we can now all enjoy Dean's moment without voice over!