Zsa Zsa Gabor at 96

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,921
Forum Member
✭✭
The Hungarian born Actress is still alive- and 96 today...

Happy Birthday Darlink...

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a battler, I'll give her that!
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Love her. She's an icon in the true sense of the word and one of the last survivors of Old Hollywood.

Happy birthday, Zsa Zsa! :)
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quite like darth vader
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    LOVE Zsa, Zsa! Clive James had a soft spot for her too, I remember him interviewing her after she had been jailed for slapping a cop, and she was hilarious.
    Then there was the time when she was the subject of This is Your Life, and they brought her horse on stage.:D

I saw her at The Night of 100 Stars at the London Palladium in 1965. Those were the days when there were 100 Stars to put on a stage. Just a few of the names there were Gloria Swanson, Merle Oberon, Rita Moreno, Shirley Bassey, Richard Attenborough, Anna Neagle, Frankie Howerd, and Judy Garland, plus the Beatles in a flying ballet.

I paid 10 shillings and sixpence for my dress circle ticket, about 50 pence in todays currency. Happy Days! :)
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets face it, she's going to outlive us all. She'll still be here after the apocalypse.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she went long ago. Happy birthday! :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOVE Zsa, Zsa! Clive James had a soft spot for her too, I remember him interviewing her after she had been jailed for slapping a cop, and she was hilarious.
    Then there was the time when she was the subject of This is Your Life, and they brought her horse on stage.:D

I saw her at The Night of 100 Stars at the London Palladium in 1965. Those were the days when there were 100 Stars to put on a stage. Just a few of the names there were Gloria Swanson, Merle Oberon, Rita Moreno, Shirley Bassey, Richard Attenborough, Anna Neagle, Frankie Howerd, and Judy Garland, plus the Beatles in a flying ballet.

I paid 10 shillings and sixpence for my dress circle ticket, about 50 pence in todays currency. Happy Days! :)

Some legendary names there Walter. :cool:

As for Zsa Zsa. She's another legend, and a VERY funny lady. :)
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been "near death" at least once a year for the past 10 years.

I've never understood her appeal. She was never much of an actress. More like the 50s' version of Paris Hilton.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    Lets face it, she's going to outlive us all. She'll still be here after the apocalypse.

She really will, she has pretty much had every illness known to man and she is still going, by the law of averages she should of died years ago. I think her Mother lived to be almost 101 so maybe it shouldn't be too much of a shock.