Options

Favourite songs of 1984

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarshallFishMarshallFish Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Young at Heart by The Bluebells was first released in 1984, about nine years before it went to number one after its use in a Volkswagen ad. Cath by the group was re released in 1984, a year after it first was issued. Both are good songs.

Also, Elvis Costello's The Only Flame In Town single, with Daryl Hall on backing vocals, was released in 1984. I'll add Cover Me by Bruce Springsteen, too, as it was the follow-up single to Dancing in the Dark in 1984.

Marshall

My review of The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 iTunes exclusive release:
    http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/Review-The-Beatles-Bootleg-Recordings-1963-iTunes-release
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearly Dewdrops Drops - the wonderful Cocteau Twins

Talking Loud And Clear - OMD

Good call from Multimedia81, with Julia & Company's "Breakin' Down":cool:
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue Jean- David Bowie. A good song from his worst album for 15 years (back then).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pointy wrote: »
    Blue Jean- David Bowie. A good song from his worst album for 15 years (back then).

The video was interesting. The soundtrack seemed to run a hair fast compared to the regular audio version. The Who's You Better You Bet three years earlier than Blue Jean had the same situation with the soundtrack. Sort of strange.

The song, I definitely liked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but Young at Heart by The Bluebells was first released in 1984, about nine years before it went to number one after its use in a Volkswagen ad. Cath by the group was re released in 1984, a year after it first was issued. Both are good songs.

Also, Elvis Costello's The Only Flame In Town single, with Daryl Hall on backing vocals, was released in 1984. I'll add Cover Me by Bruce Springsteen, too, as it was the follow-up single to Dancing in the Dark in 1984.

Marshall

My review of The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 iTunes exclusive release:
    http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/Review-The-Beatles-Bootleg-Recordings-1963-iTunes-release

A couple of more-If It Happens Again by UB40 and Love Kills by Freddie Mercury

Marshall
  • Options
    ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Closest Thing to Heaven - Kane Gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY6bKOqicLc

Story of my life this..........
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few more

Don't Tell Me - Blancmange
    Hide and Seek - Howard Jones
    Hot Water - Level 42
    Love's Great Adventure - Ultravox
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I welcome your mention of Shakatak's Down on the Street Adam. It is my favourite of theirs. Also Cody your mention of Ultravox's Love's Great Adventure. The only song of theirs I prefer is The Thin Wall (from 1981).