Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Totally.

The permarage from the hard of thinking has been amazingly funny as they claim that Legia have been harshly treated but had Legia scored either of those penalties then they would still have went through.

You got hammered 6-1. Every decent fan will be hoping you get stuffed in any matches you play in the competition. It's embarrassing to even try and come out and say you deserve to go through.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got hammered 6-1. Every decent fan will be hoping you get stuffed in any matches you play in the competition. It's embarrassing to even try and come out and say you deserve to go through.

If it was any team apart from Celtic you wouldn't give it a second thought but as it is Celtic the permarage is ripping you apart.

If you play a suspended player you take the punishment that goes with it.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Can't believe Morton go and get relegated when the Championship looks to be the best it will probably ever be.

Chairman's fault cut the wage bill and asked our better players to come back for less money then replaced them with cheap foreign players. Kept an average manager in a job too long, replaced him with Kenny Shiels when it was too late and took risks signing guys that were well past their best in novo and O'Connor, overpaid for Rowan Vine

We've done the same this summer went for the cheap option, I said we could get the play offs after going to Ayr yesterday that will be relegation playoffs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Chairman's fault cut the wage bill and asked our better players to come back for less money then replaced them with cheap foreign players. Kept an average manager in a job too long, replaced him with Kenny Shiels when it was too late and took risks signing guys that were well past their best in novo and O'Connor, overpaid for Rowan Vine

We've done the same this summer went for the cheap option, I said we could get the play offs after going to Ayr yesterday that will be relegation playoffs

He is fairly banging in the goals just now, for Selkirk!
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Legia owner Celtic aren't behaving in accordance with fair play and wants the club to pull out of the Champions League and let them play Maribor.

He is not happy that we're ignoring their calls.

Uefa aren't also apparently adhering to their own rules and they will appeal while also calling on the rules to be changed.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got hammered 6-1. .

Sow, you got pumped aswell !!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Hearts are aiming to win the Championship not automatic promotion Mr Tanner.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sow, you got pumped aswell !!! :p
    Somehow I don't think he will be on here talking about losing 2-1. He wants to talk about Celtic.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Surely Hearts are aiming to win the Championship not automatic promotion Mr Tanner.
    Unless I've missed something, it's the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Unless I've missed something, it's the same thing.

It is - but there is only the one automatic spot - for the champions.

Rangers are going for the championship yet Hearts are deemed to be going for automatic promotion.

I would assume they are both going for the championship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fans of The Rangers are contacting the SPFL and SFA to appeal todays result.

They've looked at paperwork and are claiming Ally McCoist has been incorrectly registered as a manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems Fojut has had a cracking debut for Dundee United.

He was the defender Celtic signed on a pre contract in 2012 before he done his knee in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Legia owner Celtic aren't behaving in accordance with fair play and wants the club to pull out of the Champions League and let them play Maribor.

He is not happy that we're ignoring their calls.

Uefa aren't also apparently adhering to their own rules and they will appeal while also calling on the rules to be changed.

Why should we have any contact with them?

What hapened is between Legia and UEFA, it is none of our business.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable how bad that Rangers team are
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great start for United. Strange hearing the commentator using the words 'good' and 'defending' in reference to the united defence.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Great start for United. Strange hearing the commentator using the words 'good' and 'defending' in reference to the united defence.

Did you have yer lucky orange DM's on today then JIll, just wondering ?
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Not that unbelievable actually.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still on my polish travels went to lechia gdansk v lech Poznan today in the spanking PGE arena in gdansk. Barry Douglas ex dundee United came on for Poznan, decent standard both these teams would probably be too good for the spl.

Shows you how much we are being ripped off for football in this country, a good seat cost me the grand total of about 9 quid drinking at your seat etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Shows you how much we are being ripped off for football in this country, a good seat cost me the grand total of about 9 quid drinking at your seat etc

What is the average monthly wage there? Cost of a meal and a few drinks in a decent restaurant?

You can't just compare it to the price over here if their earnings and cost of living are much lower.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the average monthly wage there? Cost of a meal and a few drinks in a decent restaurant?

You can't just compare it to the price over here if their earnings and cost of living are much lower.

Drinks are pretty cheap I was about 1.50 a pint early, decent food is not that much cheaper than here, travel is dirt cheap.

I suspect it would be pretty low the monthly wage, you would not think so by the way women are dressed:o

Final port of call is krakow for a few days where I expect it to be a bit dearer
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that unbelievable actually.

It was to me! The Hearts fans were chanting "Is this a library?" and "You let your club die" to no response, it was a strange atmosphere really, I'd expected them to be up for it, the home end to be a wall of ugly noise, but nope, silence for the most part. I was ambivalent about the whole newco/sevco thing before, but I'm not really anymore- because you're not telling me that was the famous Glasgow Rangers. They were shite.

The whole plan to win the SPFL in 2017 looks laughably hollow now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only way to win automatic promotion is to win the league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

It wasn't a great game, probably a draw deserved for both teams. It's a very long season though but at least it is interesting.
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Well I'll be talking about the time the Hibs goalkeeper scored a goal for a long time. Never seen anything like it.

Hibs played really well first half and could have been 4 or 5 up. Second half we were rotten and Livi without troubling us too much could have sneaked a point. They hit bar twice. Like the look of Stanton, El Alagui will be a real asset for us.

Also told all my Hearts mates they'd win today, could not understand why Rangers were 8/11. We were pretty much on top before red card the other night. I actually hope it's Hibs and Hearts that go up. I think this will be a very competitive league. Looking forward to it.

On the subject of Legia v Celtic, irrespective of scoreline at time the rules are the rules. I do believe a play off in neutral venue may be a better solution. But Legia weren't thrown out, Celtic went 'through' on away goals due to being given a 3-0 win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was any team apart from Celtic you wouldn't give it a second thought but as it is Celtic the permarage is ripping you apart.

If you play a suspended player you take the punishment that goes with it.

Any fan of any club would want you beaten badly in every game in a competition you don't deserve to be in after that humiliating exit. Imagine seeing Germany beat Brazil 7-1 and then turfed out the world cup on some ridiculous technicality that made no difference to the result.