Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    I'd have said it in your thread if I'd not promised to stay away. Your post re Welbeck is there for all to see and make their mind up. If I can't have proper discussion about him in your thread without being accused of having an agenda then I'll discuss it elsewhere as it interests me . I'll leave it there - apologies to the Arsenal fans. Jeez.

That post is aimed at berks like Lawrenson and Shearer.

Nothing to do with Arsenal fans, or the player himself.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Let's take it outside - I'll start a Welbeck thread if you really insist on this absurd crusade - I've already explained the context of the cited post that supposedly I'm so upset about ;-)

And it's me with the agenda :confused:

Go for it, you're the only one obsessed enough about Welbeck to do it.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    After taking the lead we stopped playing.
    Our defending is still horrible.
    Great squad on paper but weak defending
    Two fantastic goals from Jack & Alexis

Still think the sqaud is not really match fit and its showing.
    Wenger has been spending big money on this forwards and midfield but he's been reluctant to do the same for the defence/ DM.

Organisation starts on the training field though and maybe we're not spending enough hours gelling.

I think its more of a bad pre season and the squad is not gelled enough, unlike Chelsea who look the business. I just don't think AW knows who is best 11 is right now. Just wish he'd give Poldi and Campbell a go.

I suppose with us not starting well could be a good thing, so these lost will see they need to step it up of they want to win the league etc.
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was impressed with Welbeck today, looked like he fits the team a lot better than Giroud and Sanogo.

Annoyed that at 2-1 we let City back in.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Great game from Jack today.

He gave Nasri one for the fans too :D
    https://t.co/VEH5ZOCATI
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Frustrating in that yet again we conceded first. Credit though for the 2nd half comeback with two excellent goals. Dear me though, we really have to tighten up at the back. Again we were undone by a header. The fourth one thus far this season. Flamini failed to keep up with Aguero for the first goal. These are elementary errors that need cutting out. We can't keep giving teams a goal start and expect to turn it around all the time. If that means being a bit more conservative then so be it. That has to come from within though. I mean Wenger.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Frustrating in that yet again we conceded first. Credit though for the 2nd half comeback with two excellent goals. Dear me though, we really have to tighten up at the back. Again we were undone by a header. The fourth one thus far this season. Flamini failed to keep up with Aguero for the first goal. These are elementary errors that need cutting out. We can't keep giving teams a goal start and expect to turn it around all the time. If that means being a bit more conservative then so be it. That has to come from within though. I mean Wenger.

Agreed. We concede goals far too cheaply. Worryingly we seem to be getting worse rather than better. We are weak in DM and defensively. They way we play leaves us wide open at the back. We can't defend set pieces at all. We have a lot of good players but few imposing ones.

Jack is playing well and Alexis is amazing. Ramseys form is patchy at best. A decision surely has to be made about how and where Ozil plays Does anyone else think Szczesny's place is under threat? Nothing specific but his all round game isn't really improving and his kicking and distribution is poor. Its all too predictable really.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Szczesny's place is under threat? Nothing specific but his all round game isn't really improving and his kicking and distribution is poor. Its all too predictable really.

His fannying about with the ball in the penalty area will cost us a goal sooner or later.
    I'm sure Ospina will get a chance in the CC in a couple of weeks time, lookign forward to seeing him.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsene Wenger has been saying that we need to improve defensively for at least the last four years and yet he has done nothing about it.

He seems to think you can win the league by cutting corners which is really frustrating. He never fully addresses the problems in front of him.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    According to this we're very interested in Munir but is he what we need?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-news-transfers-barcelonas-munir-4257365
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when we were the favourite to sign Costa? Knowing our luck he woulda gotten injured in the first game anyway.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bayern Munich want to buy Ozil for £32m?! :o Get in there quick before Hoeness comes out of prison and puts a stop to this madness. I think it's an offer Arsenal can't refuse.
    Forum Member
    Swap for Reus?
    I like Ozil a lot, but he hasnt done as well lately :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    For me, unless an amazing deal is on the table for a top centre forward or we're buying a development prospect, I think we should focus purely on signing defensive players come January.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Wenger will only sign someone in January if there are more long term injuries.
    The Özil story is probably made up, because it's now fashionable to bash Özil. Mind you, if Wenger has no intention of ever playing him in his favoured position, then I'm not sure he'd want to stay beyond this season. No-one will turn down Bayern right now.
    pretty sure it's media rubbish though.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the likelihood is Debuchy will be out two - three months. Chambers has tonsillitis. We really are cursed with injuries.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Seems the likelihood is Debuchy will be out two - three months. Chambers has tonsillitis. We really are cursed with injuries.

It was always going to happen wasn't it and is really exactly what Wenger deserves for his astonishing negligence in failing to strengthen in the transfer window.
    Imagine when Kos/ Mert get injured as they surely will.
    Carnage.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to throw young Hector Bellerin into the mix.
    Looked very good in Emirates Cup & for under 21's.
    He is also the current quickest Arsenal player.
    Forum Member
    The Özil story is probably made up, because it's now fashionable to bash Özil. Mind you, if Wenger has no intention of ever playing him in his favoured position, then I'm not sure he'd want to stay beyond this season. No-one will turn down Bayern right now.

Why would you play Ozil in the centre when he isn't playing aswell as Wilshere or Ramsey? I'm not sure he's playing well enough to be in the starting Xl to be honest.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Swap for Reus?
    I like Ozil a lot, but he hasnt done as well lately :(

Did I miss something? What's Reus doing at Bayern? :o
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Why would you play Ozil in the centre when he isn't playing aswell as Wilshere or Ramsey? I'm not sure he's playing well enough to be in the starting Xl to be honest.

For £42 million it's unthinkable he could be dropped. Maybe he'll come good like Aaron Ramsey did.
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    Did I miss something? What's Reus doing at Bayern? :o

My mistake I meant just buy Reus to replace Ozil :confused: I just cant see him being replaced though, its not his fault if AW decides to play him in a position where he isnt happy :( Hopefully he will come good, OK he cost a lot but he's only young, look at Ramsey, 2 years ago we all took the piss out of him but he's come good now
    Besides I have an Ozil shirt :p

ETA: Our injuries, what a joke, first Giroud and now this >:(
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    It was always going to happen wasn't it and is really exactly what Wenger deserves for his astonishing negligence in failing to strengthen in the transfer window.
    Imagine when Kos/ Mert get injured as they surely will.
    Carnage.

I really hope that happens.
    There are still far too many so-called "fans" that think Wenger can do no wrong.
    Whatever it takes to get him out of the club. He has set us back 5 years with his negligence, stubbornness, and despicable attitude towards the loyal supporters.
    No manager in Europe would dream to go into a new season in the position we are in regarding personnel. Honestly, what does he have to do to get sacked!?
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    For £42 million it's unthinkable he could be dropped. Maybe he'll come good like Aaron Ramsey did.

Surely people should picked on quality not on price tag?
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lets stop making excuses for Ozil. The guy just don't want to be here. Its clear he hae been miserable since he joined. The guy is lazy, does not try and does not look like he wants to play for us. Putting him in the middle will not change that. Look at Sanchez comes in looks happy, gets back defends at you can see he wants to be here. Maybe if Ozil showed effort fans would be off his back. Who cares how many assists he got in the easist league in the world. Its about what he does now. Play him in the middle vs a Toure'Matic etc how do u think it will end. People slate Sanogo but at least he gives his all eetc. Just because he cost £42:million does not mean u get to start if i act like u do not care.

I really hope that happens.
    There are still far too many so-called "fans" that think Wenger can do no wrong.
    Whatever it takes to get him out of the club. He has set us back 5 years with his negligence, stubbornness, and despicable attitude towards the loyal supporters.
    No manager in Europe would dream to go into a new season in the position we are in regarding personnel. Honestly, what does he have to do to get sacked!?

Don't be so silly. Why would any fan want the team to suffer just so the manager learns hislesson etc. The club comes before all that pettiness amd always should.

Oh and if ur asking what does he have to do to be sacked then u must be a new fan lol. It will never happen under this regime.
This discussion has been closed.