Options

Daily rants

Comments

• Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ((((((( big hugs to Oddsocks & Kitty ))))
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    ((((((( big hugs to Oddsocks & Kitty ))))

And more big hugs from me as well - hope you both feel better very soon.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chin up, ladies..... I hope your both ok.....
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I'm not sleeping well, so came here :)

I have all the cats sorted, they're all rehomed and fostered. I've been dead lucky on this one, long story but everything is fine there. I have not sorted my dog though. I keep getting tears because I can't give the little shit up, I can't. I don't know what to do, I'm at the point where I struggle to fuss him without tears.

I saw Avasgranny is going to be a granny, and yay! I'm going to be a 'not saying that' in April next year. Brilliant, expect not planned, young parents. Balls, who am I kidding, it's a mess. My son has AS and he's about to be a dad to a girl who has been under mental health care all her life. They're apparently moving in with me, which is great, I can't even home a bleeding dog right now. I know the housing thing will all be sorted but I don't know, it's not like the most amazing news ever. I chose to have no more kids because I can't do them and now I get another and the girlfriend for free.

I still have no idea where we're going. Looks like temp, which is fine. It's just that they can't tell us until the actual day we're evicted. Bailiffs are due early on that day so I've no time to move stuff out. Council not obliged to move us before then and refuse to pay for storage. I'm using a friend to try do his best at cheapest.

So yeah, my mental health is totally screwed atm, but funnily enough it wasn't even spoken about at docs. I've not thought about it before, but I said loads about stress and shit and he talked about fibro. Everything isn't fibro, no way.

Anyway, I've been walking like a **** because nothing bends and I make funny noises because it hurts when it does bend. I tried the rest and it drove my head mad.

My mother has been as much use as a chocolate teapot, I don't talk to my sisters because they are Ebony Mark I and II this is the closest I ever came to ranting online. Ever.

I think I've finished. Thank you for pretending to listen :D

Really sorry to hear all this, can the dog be looked after in doggy care until you are settled? I assume you have already looked that the Shelter website which advises that councils are not really supposed to wait until the day of eviction although many of them do?
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    It sounds like you are having a rough time Odd Socks :(

I can relate to what you have said about your son, my autistic brother is about to become a dad (tomorrow) with his nasty horrible girlfriend who has learning difficulties, epilepsy and no redeeming features whatsoever (smoked every day through her pregnancy inc weed but was rushed back and forth due to extreme sickness) and I am so upset. Upset for what he's got in to, worried about the child, worried about him and also feeling a bit bitter that she's going to be a mum and she's such a nasty person but I can't get pregnant and I have so much more to offer and give than either of them. Pretty f*cked up to think like that about your nephew isn't it.

My mum is really sick and getting worse and I am realising more and more that I need to be there more for her and my younger brothers and sisters which in turn means putting my life on hold yet again (that sounds worse than I mean it to) and I just feel like when's it my time. I have spent my life putting other people before me I looked after my baby brother from the age of 5 and my other brothers and sisters who have come along whilst mum worked all the hours god sends. I didn't have a childhood or even teenage years it's only in the last few years I have found the courage to say NO and now it's like it's being taken away from me again.

I feel so awful for feeling like this and I don't think I am a very nice person for it. It hurts a lot.

However as with everything that happens in life and I strongly believe things are never as bad as they seem. It takes hard work, motivation and determination but if you keep faith and belief you will get through. It sounds like such a cliche but it does and will happen for you.

There are times when I could have just given up in the past, when I've thought enough is enough and nothing is going to get better but as I'm here today you can see that it does get better and you can get through it.

You can only so what you can do, if there are things that you can change yourself physically then do them but the things that are beyond your control you can't hold on to them and worry about them because you can't change them. Don't use your energy on the things that don't matter.

Xx

These feelings are totally natural though, the problem with people that are forced into a carers role without choice and too young for the responsibility is that they carry the responsibility and then feel naturally resentful of it. Then they feel guilty for feeling resentful, then they feel angry that the guilt from the resentment is making them feel that way and it goes round and round.

Are social services involved with the unborn baby?

Do you have any carer groups in your area, usually voluntary services of some sort but they offer emotional support.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey gang,

Just catching up now x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a nightmare OddSocks :(

Guys, have you seen this? What are we going to do?!

"Hi all,

The forums will be unavailable between Midnight (00:01) - Midday (12:00) on Wednesday 17th September whilst some network maintenance is carried out. While we estimate that work will be complete in this time frame, it is possible the forums will open earlier or later depending on our progress.

Commenting on the Digital Spy editorial site as well as registration will also be interrupted during this process.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to welcoming you back!"
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Oddsocks have you looked into getting a letter from your gp about the benefits of your dog to your mental health? I dont agree with lying but i think stretching the truth a bit wouldnt do any harm.

If your gp can recommend you keep your dog as an assistance dog it would be a huge weight off your shoulders.

What type of dog do you have and is he/she well behaved? Its worth a shot if your dog is seen as being beneficial to your mental health.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Bugger, that is my day off too. God how sad am I? lol. :D Hi Beth. Where is E.H? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Bugger, that is my day off too. God how sad am I? lol. :D Hi Beth. Where is E.H? :confused:

Me too! We shall have to lay in until midday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »

I'm working tuesday night but it means I can't pop online after work like I usually do! Can't remember my wednesday shift, I've got a feeling it's daytime though so it won't affect me too much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will everyone do without DS , there will be chaos Everywhere, people would have to go and do that work / housework thing :(
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad in a way - I read and post so bloody much on here it will be like a holiday tomorrow night! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's eb's?.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im confusing myself with earex.

I used to use otex when i had blocked ears and leave it in overnight. Ive got some earex but it says on the pack you have to oeave it in for a few mins then rinse it out. I googled it and online it says you can leave it in overnight for best results.

I want to put it in but fear i might wake up deaf!
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Where's eb's?.....

I'm here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone still about? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one the prowl. At least for the moment.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yay, friends!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to the Dr's this morning re my low Moods , Dr was really great and said I was not to worry about anything because my body is still in the process of adjusting after coming off the Anti depressants after being on them for 7 plus years , we had a chat and she said to keep a mood diary and keep working at the distracting and going outside and making good use of the decent weather she also gave me some phone numbers to use if I am low and needed to talk to someone , she did my blood pressure and was pleased with it also pleased with my slight weight loss because of normal healthy eating ( she hates faddy diets ) she is going to refer me back to the Neurologist because she is slightly concerned about the numbness in my toe's and feet other than that everything is ok have to go back in a few months time re the low moods thing just to make sure everything is ok .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds quite positive...... yay.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Glad it was a positive appointment Spooky - hopefully you'll feel better very soon. :)
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Went to the Dr's this morning re my low Moods , Dr was really great and said I was not to worry about anything because my body is still in the process of adjusting after coming off the Anti depressants after being on them for 7 plus years , we had a chat and she said to keep a mood diary and keep working at the distracting and going outside and making good use of the decent weather she also gave me some phone numbers to use if I am low and needed to talk to someone , she did my blood pressure and was pleased with it also pleased with my slight weight loss because of normal healthy eating ( she hates faddy diets ) she is going to refer me back to the Neurologist because she is slightly concerned about the numbness in my toe's and feet other than that everything is ok have to go back in a few months time re the low moods thing just to make sure everything is ok .

That's great news mate. Now when everything is fine, you can relax a bit. Maybe a little holiday would be a good idea?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    todays been a bit of a down day. im ok. i think its just that i need a shave.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    That's great news mate. Now when everything is fine, you can relax a bit. Maybe a little holiday would be a good idea?

hahaha only if my numbers come up tonight or tomorrow :D