Abuse when going out?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eng123 wrote: »
    Hi Hannah, I understand were you are coming from with this one because I used to get the same. At school I was picked on for having 'tree trunk legs' and my friend who is skinny got 'you're so flat the walls are jealous' aimed at her. So actually, it can be aimed at anybody. It's annoying but you read in the paper of teenager committing suicide for one thing or another, for example just being the new kid somewhere and these can be really nice looking kids. It really is more about them and not you.

As you do get older, you will find that you are not 'noticed' - some of those nice skinny teenagers you probably wish you were like will have kids and get stretch marks, pendulous breasts, sun damage to skin and a belly. It will all even out.

Believe me this is so true. I was devastated to practically suicide when I my first girlfriend two timed me at the age of 18 and ran back to sleep with her ex boyfriend. I couldn't get over losing her for about 3 years after that and couldn't stop thinking about her.

17 years later I saw her on facebook a few months back and she's been divorced twice with a child by a bloke she's not totally sure who the father is and she looks rough as hell and about 18 stone in weight. Made me think what the hell was I so upset about.