Why do people hate One Direction?

1343536373840»

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see 'Kingsland Road' from this years X Factor have been modeled to look like 1D with all the big hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them just think they got lucky and have not had to graft like other artists they not very good singers Harry is the star of the show the rest are just back up singers and very poor ones.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since this thread is back, might as well use it...

New 1D single out on Monday (28/10): The Story of my Life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJpbfprVro

I think it's different from their previous stuff & I quite like it, but I don't expect everyone in this thread to agree with me :)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them just think they got lucky and have not had to graft like other artists they not very good singers Harry is the star of the show the rest are just back up singers and very poor ones.

I suppose you mean grafting away in sweaty night clubs for years before they got their lucky break . That argument is so old hat . So many artists today are discovered long before they have to do that and that includes Adele, Take That, The Wanted and Jake Bugg

They may not have grafted for years but those boys work really long and hard now and even industry insiders will tell you that. They are not topping the richest act under 30 in Britain for nothing
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate them

not them as people but what they stand for

their music is crap, they have little talent yet are everywhere and fooling people into making millions

there have been groups before that have had the same exposure like spice girls, take that, etc...but you can say they were far more talented.

one direction are trash
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recent "aren't I clever 'cos I'm smoking a joint" episode has confirmed to me that they are nothing but a set of silly little boys.

It seems that the ageplay community think so too:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/966047
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked them on X Factor, but started to hate them when people went absolutely insane over them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »

They may not have grafted for years but those boys work really long and hard now and even industry insiders will tell you that. They are not topping the richest act under 30 in Britain for nothing

Depends what you call 'hard work'. Yes i'm sure they put the hours in and travel all over the place, but remember they have a whole team in place to do everything else for them. Easy to put 100% effort in your job when the rest of your life is taken care of by someone else.