WOW Is the Daily Mail run by dirty old men and self hating women paid by them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any paper that employs Liz Jones or Sam Brick deserves contempt.

Let's not forget - this rag openly supported Hitler and the oppression of Jewish people in the 1930's.
  • carey579carey579 Posts: 217
    Forum Member

Let's not forget - this rag openly supported Hitler and the oppression of Jewish people in the 1930's.

That Sam Brick :( It's like she's deliberately asking people to hate her. Look I'm a woman and I'm a total b###h, hate me everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carey579 wrote: »
    Is it you then? You did start a thread bashing The Sun? Just kidding :rolleyes:

It totally relates to this thread. I said there are more and more shock stories that seem like male erotica with older men and attractive young women and why there aren't ones with the gender reversed. I've talked about this topic on other threads too from few days back.

So today I see an article on DM with the gender reversed and after a few minutes of this thread that article gets on top. Conspiracy theorist I am not but this is very interesting. ;)
    What?

Do you have some sort of condition? What is erotic about child abuse?

The article has nothing to do with your OP and it was published yesterday.
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    What on earth are you going on about? It is just an article about what 15 yr olds were like in the 80s (pretty much the same as now in some cases) and some pictres of a fully clothed 15 yr old:confused: Are you some sort of Victorian throwback?:rolleyes:

utterly 100% agree :) I also dont know what the op is complaining about
    Forum Member
    What?

Do you have some sort of condition? What is erotic about child abuse?

The stories of some of Jimmy Saville's victims don't seem any different than a scenario at Naughty America :o
    The article has nothing to do with your OP and it was published yesterday.

But placed at the top only today after this thread.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMFG!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2355135/Our-depraved-mother-On-surface-respectable-debutante-related-Clement-Attlee-But-twin-sons-reveal-victims-sexual-abuse.html

The Daily Mail just made this their top article! When I checked this morning it was lurking somewhere below.

Someone from here works at DM or is it the Illuminati?

:eek::eek::eek: RUN

Funnily enough I have better things to do with my time than obcessing about what a website is posting for the purpose of getting outraged by it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stories of some of Jimmy Saville's victims don't seem any different than a scenario at Naughty America :o

I am happy not knowing what you are on about.
    Forum Member
    starsailor wrote: »
    Funnily enough I have better things to do with my time than obcessing about what a website is posting for the purpose of getting outraged by it...

Isn't that DM's sole purpose?

I don't think anybody can spew such mindless nonsense as DM journalists if its not deliberate. Sex and shock sell :rolleyes:
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each week there are lots of articles the DM publish that they should be ashamed of, but I don't think the one in the OP is one of them.

The article in question simply makes a point that when a girl goes out with an older man we should not think he has groomed her or she has been tricked or manipulated in some way. That is not to say it is right (or should be legal), but we certainly should not be yelling "paedo!!!!" at the man,
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't that DM's sole purpose?

I don't think anybody can spew such mindless nonsense as DM journalists if its not deliberate. Sex and shock sell :rolleyes:

Think you should cheer yourself up by going and reading the Daily Star.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    The DM does have a track record of complaining about the sexualisation of young women - then having an article which sexualises young women

Yeah, the Mail clearly doesn't understand irony.

I particularly like the "all grown up" type articles they run on actresses aged 15 or so, complete with multiple pictures.

So very sleezy of the Mail.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Paul Dacre and his coven of witches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can never understand people who claim to loathe the Mail (or any other publication for that matter), yet apparently spend endless hours digesting its contents and then ranting about it on online forums.

Come on admit it .... it's a guilty pleasure really, isn't it?! ;)

The Mail can (just occasionally) be mildly entertaining, and the sports pages are OK. But for the most part it's a wildly sensationalist paper best taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Don't like it? Just ignore it and read a better paper instead.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    If the femail section was really targeted for women then shouldn't it be filled with inspiring articles about women and pictures of naked men?

It's totally the opposite! :mad:

It doesn't bother me either way.

It will still be the DM, not actually renowned for being very factual.
    Forum Member
    Nigella is really sexy and a lot of men fantasize about her and those pictures are just fodder for their pleasure! :(

Much as I like Nigella, there are far better places than the DM for getting off.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

<sigh>

As did other national newspapers and much of the British establishment. Fleet Street overwhelmingly supported the Fascists in the Spanish Civil War as well.
    Forum Member
    this rag openly supported Hitler and the oppression of Jewish people in the 1930's.

Talking about opening a can of worms.

And for the record, most of the oppression of the Jewish people happened, IMO in the 1940's, regarding the Nazis.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simmering Sexy Lolilitas Seduce Older Men Shocker - Plenty of scandalous pictures inside. "I'm all grown up now" says teen, 15.
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, your thread title refers to "self-hating women".

Yet I can't help noticing that most of your posts are very negative about men, if not downright hostile, even though you claim to be male. Hypocritical, no?
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these female 'journalists' paid to spew misogynistic agendas? And look at those pictures! If this is not male erotica disguised as shock news then what is?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2355000/Yes-teachers-seducing-pupils-vile-But-I-know-scheming-temptresses-girls-1--I-shameless.html

Did you link the correct article?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    No but I would like a similar article about 15 year old boys seducing older women with pictures of sexy boys.

NEVER HAPPENS :mad:

Unlike Daily Mail I don't want to spend time looking for hot underage children.

Make your mind up.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail have a unnerving fixation with barely legal, sometimes underage girls, like the younger two Kardashian girls (Kylie and Kendall I think?) and now Ireland Baldwin who is the daughter of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin. There is a slightly perrvy element to it IMO.

I did read the article you posted and I have to say that there is a huge difference between a fifteen year old girl having a flirt with a man in his 30's and nothing more coming of it and a fifteen year old girl having a full blown sexual affair with her teacher and running away with him. It's not at all the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread reads like a ball of wool that mischievous kittens have been playing with. I can't figure it out at all.

I think I need synapse resuscitation. Roll on beer o'clock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail have a unnerving fixation with barely legal, sometimes underage girls, like the younger two Kardashian girls (Kylie and Kendall I think?) and now Ireland Baldwin who is the daughter of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin. There is a slightly perrvy element to it IMO.

I did read the article you posted and I have to say that there is a huge difference between a fifteen year old girl having a flirt with a man in his 30's and nothing more coming of it and a fifteen year old girl having a full blown sexual affair with her teacher and running away with him. It's not at all the same.

I don't think anyone was suggesting it is all the same. Indeed I think the point of the article is that it's not all the same: that the reasons why something is wrong, and the extent of the wrongfulness will vary depending on the circumstances of the case.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    WOW Is the Daily Mail run by dirty old men and self hating women paid by them?

In a nutshell, yes, yes it is:)