Police called after cat holds a family hostage in their home

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
Forum Member
http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/police-called-after-furious-cat-holds-family-hostage-for-hou

I really don't get this. It's just a kitty. If you are in the bathroom just chuck some water at it. My cat would hate it.

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    someone i used to know used to regularly ring friends from the bathroom to rescue her from her cat waiting outside the door to attack her. he was fine with everyone else but a bastard with her :D.

my father had a feral cat, adored him and was very affectionate with him HATED anybody else and regularly used to fly at your face or throat, all claws blazing, from across the room and with no warning.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pair of pussys.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    That was very funny... but seriously, why have a cat and not be able to control it? Throw a blanket over it (or towel if you are in the bathroom) and you can pick it up. It sounds like it becomes aggressive when another male cat patrols the area... and might a) need neutering; or b) needs to have some calming drugs (there are a number which work very well that are natural).
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Bruce Willis could handle it
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had cat like that. She was crazy and would fight all the males around then come home for fresh fish and milk and behave like an angel with those she liked - but you wouldn't want to cross her. She'd haul In all kinds of prey and was a sadist (like most cats) over how she tortured them despite being a pampered kitty. I miss her lots still.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I similar story was posted on here a few months back, possibly a year or two back.

I can't imagine that more and more cats are starting to hold humans hostage.

I can imagine either the article in question is regurgitated - or the faimly wasting police time saw the story and throught they'd like their 15 minutes of fame.

Yet, I can imagine people getting stupider for stories like this to exist in the first place.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was feeling a bit low and this story gave me a good laugh. Thanks OP. :D
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I similar story was posted on here a few months back, possibly a year or two back.

I can't imagine that more and more cats are starting to hold humans hostage.

I can imagine either the article in question is regurgitated - or the faimly wasting police time saw the story and throught they'd like their 15 minutes of fame.

Yet, I can imagine people getting stupider for stories like this to exist in the first place.
    Yeah I skipped this at first as I thought it was a rehash of that other story from a few months back, but apparently people being so utterly useless at dealing with their own pets that they need police assistance, that is just a thing now.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish people would stop linking to that shitty Buzzfeed website.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting but very rare compared with attacks by dogs. I suppose it's probably eaiser to fight off a cat than a pit bull.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have pillow fought my way out....
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our cat is tiny, nearly 20, three legged and absolutely mentally unstable. She often bites people with no warning (purring whilst she does it). Luckily her teeth are blunt and she's a rubbish biter.
  • Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Northern Ireland news programs often report on 'Tiger Kidnappings', not sure if the rest of the world know what that means, but this certainly isn't it. :D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the police would mind attending a scary cat incident, either, given the fact they scrambled the helicopters when they thought that rather-obviously-someone's-little-tabby-cat was A Big Cat On The Rampage, the other year...
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one welcome our soon to be Masters of the World.
    Cats.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    anyone who`s tried bathing a reluctant cat would understand the dangers, i still have scars, and luckily, my eyes.

pro tip: dress completely in bike leathers and full face crash helmet.