Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this is a nationwide advert, but it's bloody unbearable - the POSTCODE LOTTERY. It is one of those cheap, nasty ads that looks like it was filmed on the street with a handheld camcorder, and it simply features a man with a Welsh accent so thick you could cut it with a butcher knife, and so annoying it makes the eardrums bleed. He encourages us to register our postcode, before screaming POSTCODE LOOOOOTTTTT'REEEEEEE at the top of his agony-inducing voice.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Stupid Lurpak advert :mad:

Chop chop chop chopping
    Dice dice dice dicing :mad:

Spreadable butter or whatever isnt quite the same as normal butter anyway :(

We saw this for the first time last night - my other half said bring back Douglas, we started getting quite nostalgic about the old adverts with him & his trombone. As annoying as they were, they were better than this!
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Findaproperty is one annoying advert all this austintacious rapping. Shitty advert im sure they nicked that line from somewhere.

Direct Line makes me not want to have car insurance with you when you treat the general public as if we're stupid!

We buy any car - Really what even a smashed up car?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Findaproperty.com - Instant hatred.

J-Lo Fiat 500 - Listen love, just fork off back to where you sprang from, I don't give a flying toss if your "rock is shining bright" or not, just get off my TV screen before I start chucking rocks at you, not the shining kind either!

Heinz - I'm sick of hearing those fookers blowing on their soup, it makes me want to boil them to death in Heinz soup.

ChristianMingle.com - Yet another crappy dating website, this time one specially for god botherers. More concerning is how alarmingly close "ChristianMingle.com" is to "ChristianMinge.com".

Perle De Lait "Whats your secret" - Obviously the end result of paying a load of blokes down the pub to come up with an advert. What is her secret? Could it be that those yoghurts are just pots of cum? or perhaps she has a 10" dildo hidden somewhere, I mean they do go around her house looking for something and exclaim at the end "pleasure makes you beautiful" - Perhaps she works off that cheeky burger with a 2 hour session on her dildo :confused:

Halifax - Just give up for Christ sake, your radio station adverts where a national embarrassment and the latest ones with all the singing aren't much better, I mean, who the fork makes these adverts!

I love the Virgin Atlantic advert (and I'm sure you know, I don't often love any adverts), but they ruin it at the end when she says "Is that Linda?", after that it goes down hill rapidly as you await the non-existent punchline - If they where to cut that part out, then they'd have an excellent advert in my book.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »
    ChristianMingle.com - Yet another crappy dating website, this time one specially for god botherers. More concerning is how alarmingly close "ChristianMingle.com" is to "ChristianMinge.com".
    Why are all the dating site ads verging on the creepy! There's the uniform dating one too. cringeingly bad!
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    If theirs one advert that gets to me its that Bloody water Aid advert.

Every 3 seconds a child dies. No it doesnt Kevin Whatley because if a child really did really die every 3 seconds come a week their would be none in. Infact instead of expecting the British Public why dont you yourself donate some of your money to them.

As we know there are 3600 seconds in an hour, so that would be 1200 children dying per hour, 28800 per day, 201600 per week, 10,540,800 this leap year alone. That is a very higher number if it is anyway accurate. I hope the ad pulls in a lot of donations - it is difficult to watch however.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Did anyone see the andrex wet wipes, it is awful and went on and on

That advert was so bad, some things don't require advertising, stick it next to the toilet paper in store and people with buy it if they want to try it - even better stick a free sample pack on to the toilet paper packaging.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Why are all the dating site ads verging on the creepy! There's the uniform dating one too. cringeingly bad!

ChristianMinge.com

"Let the spirit of Christ fill you and make you Holy"
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChristianMinge.com

That is the only way I'm now seeing that websites name now. :p
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChristianMinge.com

"The power of Christ compels you" :-D :-D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Findaproperty.com - Instant hatred.

J-Lo Fiat 500 - Listen love, just fork off back to where you sprang from, I don't give a flying toss if your "rock is shining bright" or not, just get off my TV screen before I start chucking rocks at you, not the shining kind either!

Heinz - I'm sick of hearing those fookers blowing on their soup, it makes me want to boil them to death in Heinz soup.

Perle De Lait "Whats your secret" - Obviously the end result of paying a load of blokes down the pub to come up with an advert. What is her secret? Could it be that those yoghurts are just pots of cum? or perhaps she has a 10" dildo hidden somewhere, I mean they do go around her house looking for something and exclaim at the end "pleasure makes you beautiful" - Perhaps she works off that cheeky burger with a 2 hour session on her dildo :confused:

Halifax - Just give up for Christ sake, your radio station adverts where a national embarrassment and the latest ones with all the singing aren't much better, I mean, who the fork makes these adverts!

I love the Virgin Atlantic advert (and I'm sure you know, I don't often love any adverts), but they ruin it at the end when she says "Is that Linda?", after that it goes down hill rapidly as you await the non-existent punchline - If they where to cut that part out, then they'd have an excellent advert in my book.

LMAO at your thoughts on the Perle Du Lait advert :D:D:D
    Agree about the Virgin Atlantic ad, its an excellent advert, very clever but could do without the line at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    LMAO at your thoughts on the Perle Du Lait advert :D:D:D
    Agree about the Virgin Atlantic ad, its an excellent advert, very clever but could do without the line at the end.

I am also a fan of the Virgin Atlantic ad although I wish the bloke who is singing 'feeling good' wouldn't take great gulps before each line

I have just seen Colleen Nolan's Park advert 4 times in half an hour, yuk
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    "Perle De Lait "Whats your secret" - Obviously the end result of paying a load of blokes down the pub to come up with an advert. What is her secret? Could it be that those yoghurts are just pots of cum? or perhaps she has a 10" dildo hidden somewhere, I mean they do go around her house looking for something and exclaim at the end "pleasure makes you beautiful" - Perhaps she works off that cheeky burger with a 2 hour session on her dildo "

Love it!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't seen it on TV yet but I noticed the Andrex toilet paper in Sainsbury's today - with "Sheer Butter"

Who wants to wipe their bum with sheer butter,
    eh??? :eek::eek:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Did anyone see the andrex wet wipes, it is awful and went on and on

Oh, Andrex was what I meant not Kleenex. Still, it is a shit advert!
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The power of Christ compels you" :-D :-D

LOLOL :D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    "Perle De Lait "Whats your secret" - Obviously the end result of paying a load of blokes down the pub to come up with an advert. What is her secret? Could it be that those yoghurts are just pots of cum? or perhaps she has a 10" dildo hidden somewhere, I mean they do go around her house looking for something and exclaim at the end "pleasure makes you beautiful" - Perhaps she works off that cheeky burger with a 2 hour session on her dildo "

Love it!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't seen it on TV yet but I noticed the Andrex toilet paper in Sainsbury's today - with "Sheer Butter"

Who wants to wipe their bum with sheer butter,
    eh??? :eek::eek:

Its Shea Butter and it makes the toilet roll a bit softer and with a scent to it,
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God that awful ad for bum wipes with Dawn Porter, what was she thinking when she agreed to do that, they seem to be called washlets, and she's a Guernsey girl...I'm embarrased.:o
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that awful ad for bum wipes with Dawn Porter, what was she thinking when she agreed to do that, they seem to be called washlets, and she's a Guernsey girl...I'm embarrased.:o

Hate that ad for the moist bog roll...keeps making me think of those "Juan Sheet" paper towels.
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    As we know there are 3600 seconds in an hour, so that would be 1200 children dying per hour, 28800 per day, 201600 per week, 10,540,800 this leap year alone. That is a very higher number if it is anyway accurate. I hope the ad pulls in a lot of donations - it is difficult to watch however.

The annual death rate is about 55,000,000, of which 37,000,000 deaths are age-related. That leaves 18,000,000, so I suppose it's not inconceivable that slightly more than half of that could be due to infant mortality.
  • eXOBeXeXOBeX Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Findaproperty is one annoying Direct Line makes me not want to have car insurance with you when you treat the general public as if we're stupid!
    Why the hell are they having a sale? My insurance expires in March, am I really going to insure my car with you today?
    We buy any car - Really what even a smashed up car?
    Renowned for offering a decent price on the website, then knocking a shitload off it when taken to your nearest Carcraft (yes, those bastards) for a check-over.
    And yes, their ads are sodding annoying. webuyanycar? werobanyone more like.
  • eXOBeXeXOBeX Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    The latest Tena lady ad. - :eek:
    Have you noticed that the ladies in the Tena ads are always positively wetting themselves laughing? Subliminal advertising?
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I saw Activia the other day....sod off Martine!!
    Nice rack though. I would.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was George Lucas thinking of giving permission for Yoda to be abused by Vodaphone like that :(
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonga loans awful

and another update of that terrible under dog accident advert.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's another one very similar to We Buy Any Car, in that it's got an annoying thumping techno beat and inane "lyrics" that go:

I wanna buy your house
    I wanna, I wanna buy your house
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight nooowwwwwwwww!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I've seen that advert on Discovery Travel and Living a few times. Horrendous :eek::mad: And that Wonga loans advert has been annoying me all week.
This discussion has been closed.