Not worldwide.

Sorry I realised that and changed it!!!
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol...ok!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Beyonce - good. "Telephone" is a great song. "Videophone" is awful, but not GaGa's fault as it wasn't originally her song.
    Britney - I'm not so sure about. I like some of her older songs, like "Toxic", but I hate "3". It could go either way, but with GaGa, I doubt it could be bad.

I also like "Chillin'", so overall, Lady GaGa's collaborations are good, so I look forward to this :D
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigzarafan wrote: »
    Beyonce - good. "Telephone" is a great song. "Videophone" is awful, but not GaGa's fault as it wasn't originally her song.
    Britney - I'm not so sure about. I like some of her older songs, like "Toxic", but I hate "3". It could go either way, but with GaGa, I doubt it could be bad.

I also like "Chillin'", so overall, Lady GaGa's collaborations are good, so I look forward to this :D

I think the other way round - much prefer Videophone to Telephone. Love the "Hubba hubba" bit :D

As for Britney, I think she's vastly overrated and is as bad as Cheryl Cole for the vocoded voice and stuff. As a young lass I used to like her. However now I think she's desperate, lazy - not even singing live at her concerts - and relying on being a pretty face. I dread to think how much people paid to see her in concert and she can't even be arsed to sing a couple of songs for them? After all she's a pop star, she sells her music, that's what she's meant to be famous for.

Gaga is far too good for Britney.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Agreed.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think the other way round - much prefer Videophone to Telephone. Love the "Hubba hubba" bit :D

As for Britney, I think she's vastly overrated and is as bad as Cheryl Cole for the vocoded voice and stuff. As a young lass I used to like her. However now I think she's desperate, lazy - not even singing live at her concerts - and relying on being a pretty face. I dread to think how much people paid to see her in concert and she can't even be arsed to sing a couple of songs for them? After all she's a pop star, she sells her music, that's what she's meant to be famous for.

Gaga is far too good for Britney.

oh please, YAWN YAWN YAWN:yawn::yawn::yawn: The usual 'Britney doesnt sing live' so what i dont care ;)

As For Britney She doesnt need gaga all britney needs is GREAT Promo i mean if you wanna hear Britney at her best Listen to 'Blackout' Britneys BEST album:D Every song COULD of been a single and PROVES Britney can still make a fantastic album and that was through her dark stages in her life.

GaGa wil be good for Britney although i wouldnt want it as a 1st single.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news.

One of the most talented artists around at the moment duetting with one of the best overall popstars of the last decade.

Will be epic, Britney may not be the most talented, but she's got the elusive X Factor that more than makes up for her fairly weak vocals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know..

.. this is only a rumour o_e
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    oh please, YAWN YAWN YAWN:yawn::yawn::yawn: The usual 'Britney doesnt sing live' so what i dont care ;)

As For Britney She doesnt need gaga all britney needs is GREAT Promo i mean if you wanna hear Britney at her best Listen to 'Blackout' Britneys BEST album:D Every song COULD of been a single and PROVES Britney can still make a fantastic album and that was through her dark stages in her life.

GaGa wil be good for Britney although i wouldnt want it as a 1st single.

Don't be so rude, it was only my opinion.

If I buy someone's CDs and I go to see them live, I would always expect and hope for them to sing live. If I got there and they didn't I would be fuming, waste of money.
    Forum Member

If I buy someone's CDs and I go to see them live, I would always expect and hope for them to sing live. If I got there and they didn't I would be fuming, waste of money.

im not being rude im making a statement ;) Brintey know what to EXPECT when we see her on tour, she puts on a fantastic show and that is what really matters, as someone said above she has the Xfacor so what she doesnt sing live she cant sing well anyway i mean she does have a good voice on some live ballads but her siinging live to a FAST song just wouldnt be right:o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this duet did happen and it became a single, it would be interesting to see how they perform it live. Gaga uses a backing track but has never mimed, whereas Britney has only ever mimed..
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you go to a Britney concert expecting live vocals then you deserve what you get...Britney's show is a huge spectacle, you go for the theatrics...if you want great vocals go to a Whitney concert!!!

And I like to see Cheryl put on a show like The Circus: Starring Britney Spears...and if you want to be pedantic, she did sing a couple of songs live...but that's not what you go for!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    If this duet did happen and it became a single, it would be interesting to see how they perform it live. Gaga uses a backing track but has never mimed, whereas Britney has only ever mimed..

Not true, yes Britney does mime most of the time but to say she has only ever mimed is a lie...which means I can see your pants on fire!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlkez6Pa18

EDIT: Some more video's which contradict your lie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Za5bMyzwio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLim_vQi08
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not true, yes Britney does mime most of the time but to say she has only ever mimed is a lie...which means I can see your pants on fire!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlkez6Pa18

I can't see how you can tell for sure that she isn't miming. The camera is shaky and the sound quality is pretty bad. Ok she might not mime everytime but I'd say atleast 95% of the time she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you go to a Britney concert expecting live vocals then you deserve what you get...Britney's show is a huge spectacle, you go for the theatrics...if you want great vocals go to a Whitney concert!!!

Nobody expects her to be amazing vocally. I think people just expect her to atleast try. It does come across as very lazy most of the time. Lady Gaga puts on a huge show and she doesn't always sound perfect live, but the fact she makes the effort is what counts. And I think if you pay £50 to see someone, its the least you can expect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    I can't see how you can tell for sure that she isn't miming. The camera is shaky and the sound quality is pretty bad. Ok she might not mime everytime but I'd say atleast 95% of the time she is.

If you compare that video to one of Britney miming you'll know instantly its live because her voice is so much clearer and crisper when she mimes because obviously its recorded...plus on some other videos of her singing You Oughta Know she misses out lines for breathes something that obviously doesn't happen when she's miming...plus in the other videos you can see she has sung live on other occasions.

Yeah and Britney fans have made peace with that years ago...I'd much rather see her kill it on stage with a backing track than have to listen to her panting, Britney doesn't have the strongest voice in the world and if she was doing a heavy routine her voice would just get lost...Beyonce and GaGa have much more powerful voices and so can get away with it, but Britney has a sweet delicate voice!!!

If it was that much of an issue her last tour wouldn't have grossed $131 Million dollars!!!
    Forum Member
    EXACTLY IF you look at videos of her Singing LIVe and Danceing at the same time its Obvious she cant do it as you hear the panting and her heavy breatheing which imo ruins the song i mean yeah you can say Beyonce does it Lady GaGa does it there different they have a stronger voice but even they you can hear the heavy breathing, Mimeing does not bother me at all and i dont feel cheated i choose to go to the concert BUT if someone like whitney etc mimed it be different cause they can sing live and have that very strong epic voice.

but Madonna, Britney both put on fantastic shows, its all about the entertainment they want to provide for there fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    IF you look at videos of her Singing LIVE and Dancing at the same time its Obvious she cant do it as you hear the panting and her heavy breathing which imo ruins the song

But if a 51 year old Madonna can do it, then Britney should have no problem whatsoever.

Besides, Britney doesn't really dance as much in her shows anymore and even when she sings the slower songs, like for example: "Sometimes", or "I'm Not A Girl" you can tell she's miming and there's no excuse when her body's taking a break but if that's what you enjoy, then great.

I've seen Madonna about 8x and she usually mimes about 4 songs and sings live for the rest of the show. Granted, her LIVE singing voice sometimes sounds awful, but at least I know I get what I pay for... a LIVE extravaganza good or bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if a 51 year old Madonna can do it, then Britney should have no problem whatsoever.

Besides, Britney doesn't really dance as much in her shows anymore and even when she sings the slower songs, like for example: "Sometimes", or "I'm Not A Girl" you can tell she's miming and there's no excuse when her body's taking a break but if that's what you enjoy, then great.

I've seen Madonna about 8x and she usually mimes about 4 songs and sings live for the rest of the show. Granted, her LIVE singing voice sometimes sounds awful, but at least I know I get what I pay for... a LIVE extravaganza good or bad.

She hasn't sung those songs for years, not since her marriage to Kevin...There's only one slow song during the Circus tour and she sang that live with one other song (I've already posted the video)...as I said Britney fans know what they're paying for when they go to concert, they're not stupid and if they are they get what they deserve!!!

You are obviously not in Britney's target market, fair enough (though why you'd want to waste your time talking about her is beyond me) but that didn't stop the Circus tour from becoming the 5th most successful tour by a Female act...Clearly Britney doesn't need you!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't sung those songs for years, not since her marriage to Kevin...There's only one slow song during the Circus tour and she sang that live with one other song (I've already posted the video)...as I said Britney fans know what they're paying for when they go to concert, they're not stupid and if they are they get what they deserve!!!

You are obviously not in Britney's target market, fair enough (though why you'd want to waste your time talking about her is beyond me) but that didn't stop the Circus tour from becoming the 5th most successful tour by a Female act...Clearly Britney doesn't need you!!!

Ok, have it your way, it still doesn't alter the fact that whoever it is she's marketing herself towards, she's still deceiving people by putting the "Live" tag on her concert tickets. No doubt you'll comeback and say "But she performed "EVERYTIME" and so and so live". To me a couple of songs simply isn't enough. Call me picky if you like but to me that is wrong and a downright pisstake.
    ..and maybe some Britney fans know what they're paying for, but what about the one's who don't and are expecting more for their money?
    Sorry, but no amount of excuses from a bunch of delusional fans will change my mind on the subject.

..and furthermore, I couldn't care less whether she wants me attending her shows or not. I certainly won't waste time worrying about it...or my hard earned cash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, i've seen a lot of singers/bands in my time and they all performed live...except for Britters.

Madonna X8
    Michael Jackson X3 (Yes, he did perform live...on the Bad tour)
    Tina Turner
    Cher
    Eurythmics
    Beautiful South
    Celine Dion
    Erasure
    Pet Shop Boys
    Take That
    Kylie
    Prince
    Robbie
    BRITNEY - MIMED

There's more but I really can't be bothered to list them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I like to see Cheryl put on a show like The Circus: Starring Britney Spears...and if you want to be pedantic, she did sing a couple of songs live...but that's not what you go for!!!

Please! Then you go for the wardrobe department and the theatre people who do all the props and decorations and stuff. It could be any blonde woman up there and you wouldn't even know. I wouldn't go to a Britney concert because I would have a better time watching professionals on Broadway or in the West End that can really dance and really sing. As for watching a washed up over-rated blonde woman gyrate to a few songs and pretend she has attitude and talent... nah, I'll give Britney a miss thanks.

All I was saying was my opinion. You are being rude. You may hear the "Britney doesn't sing live" argument a lot - but don't take it out on me. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please! Then you go for the wardrobe department and the theatre people who do all the props and decorations and stuff. It could be any blonde woman up there and you wouldn't even know. I wouldn't go to a Britney concert because I would have a better time watching professionals on Broadway or in the West End that can really dance and really sing. As for watching a washed up over-rated blonde woman gyrate to a few songs and pretend she has attitude and talent... nah, I'll give Britney a miss thanks.

All I was saying was my opinion. You are being rude. You may hear the "Britney doesn't sing live" argument a lot - but don't take it out on me. Thanks.

Don't take it out on me that you 'wasted' your money, I went to the show and had a great night for me it was great value for money and money well spent...but I'm sure you have money to burn so you can waste going to shows that 'any over-rated blonde' could be putting on, obviously you're unaffected by the recession so good on you...not all of us are that lucky or free with our money!!!
    Ok, have it your way, it still doesn't alter the fact that whoever it is she's marketing herself towards, she's still deceiving people by putting the "Live" tag on her concert tickets. No doubt you'll comeback and say "But she performed "EVERYTIME" and so and so live". To me a couple of songs simply isn't enough. Call me picky if you like but to me that is wrong and a downright pisstake.
    ..and maybe some Britney fans know what they're paying for, but what about the one's who don't and are expecting more for their money?
    Sorry, but no amount of excuses from a bunch of delusional fans will change my mind on the subject.

..and furthermore, I couldn't care less whether she wants me attending her shows or not. I certainly won't waste time worrying about it...or my hard earned

10 messages about it would suggest otherwise...not to mention all the time 'wasted' reading all my messages about it, that you've diligently replied to.

Funny I usually tend to aviod reading about people I couldn't care less about!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

10 messages about it would suggest otherwise...not to mention all the time 'wasted' reading all my messages about it, that you've diligently replied to.

Funny I usually tend to aviod reading about people I couldn't care less about!!!

Oh but I hardly wasted any time reading your messages. I find that once a fan of Brits posts the same old usual excuses for her, it's more or less a copy and paste exercise from then on. But I usually skip past most of them.
    Funny how you totally ignored the truth and reflected on the number of replies I made. That alone speaks volumes in itself.