Options

i want to trade in my sky plus box for a sky plus hd box but not change any prices

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hey guys

im not sure if i can do this ive got sky hd down stairs then my sky plus was moved to my bedroom for an extra 10 pound a month can i keep everything the same but have a sky hd box in my bedroom to replace my skyplus box
without paying any more ?

Comments

• Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically no. Sky+HD boxes are supplied by Sky on a "one box per account" basis. If your existing Sky+HD box came from Sky then your account will show that there is already a box linked to your account. The only chance you have is that you bought your existing HD box privately and it has not been linked to your Sky account. As you state that you are paying the £10 per month charge which I assume is for multiroom then I'm sure this doesn't apply in your case.
  • Options
    muldranmuldran Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Customers are only entitled to one 'free' Sky HD box. You can either purchase a new Sky HD box directly from Sky, or grab an additional one from eBay. (Although be wary that one from eBay will have no warranty, so Sky won't help you set it up, or make it work.)

Another note; the HD subscription is *per box* as well - so you will need to pay an additional £10 a month to watch HD programmes on your second HD box (and yes, this is AS WELL AS the multiroom charge.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I would like to do the same...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I have a similar question as well ...

I've currently got a Sky+ subscription with multiroom. I shifted my plain old Sky box to another room and have been using the Sky+ box in the living room. The Sky+ box has gone faulty (won't switch on!) and I've got an offer of a Sky+HD box in a private sale. My question is, will this be okay or will I have problems going from a Sky+ box to a Sky+HD box?

Cheers ...
  • Options
    GadgieGadgie Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    panpravda wrote: »
    I've currently got a Sky+ subscription with multiroom. I shifted my plain old Sky box to another room and have been using the Sky+ box in the living room. The Sky+ box has gone faulty (won't switch on!) and I've got an offer of a Sky+HD box in a private sale. My question is, will this be okay or will I have problems going from a Sky+ box to a Sky+HD box?

No, just put your card in the new box and call Sky up and give them the box details.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Gadgie wrote: »
    No, just put your card in the new box and call Sky up and give them the box details.

Thanks for the quick reply Gadgie ... I'll do just that - Cheers.
    -