Options

SCR refugee station (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that does make interesting news. I wonder if other stations in the south will follow suit.

The Richard Cartridge programme does not have the same appeal as the great Mike Powell programme that went so successfully for almost 10 years.

Mr. Carnegy, please take note of your listeners and use the talents of Mr. Cartridge on other slots of your output.

Yes, it does make interesting news........ I wonder if they are feeling the effects of how many listeners they have lost since Richard Cartliage or whatever his name is came back. I listened to him for all of about 5 minutes and switched of immediately. I say BRING BACK MIKE POWELL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    radiogirl wrote: »
    Paul's soul show only went out on DAB on a Sunday afternoon. From what I also read off of his facebook page for the soul show, there was one week recently where it wasn't broadcast due to technical issues so it may be that. It is broadcast usually at 0100 on Suinday mornings on some BBc LR stations in the south and repeated as and when through the day depending which station you listen to.

Paul's Sunday afternoon Soul show was and is broadcast on FM here in Sussex.
    Nice to hear Bill Buckley back this Sunday morning deputising for JT on Digit., the gardening programme.
    Also good to hear Harty on the Albion phone in again albeit as a guest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    Someone must be reading this as i see Paul Miller has now been added back on from 5-7pm:)

:) If they are reading this, then I hope they take note of what the listeners want. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark Carter has a Sunday afternoon show on Sx & Sy starting at 3.00pm today. AFAIK it's not a one off but regular feature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Oldman wrote: »
    Mark Carter has a Sunday afternoon show on Sx & Sy starting at 3.00pm today. AFAIK it's not a one off but regular feature.

Correction: It's a one off for Easter
  • Options
    RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction: It's a one off for Easter

Actually i can assure you it is a regular schedule change, Sylvie till 3 and then Mark 3-5pm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radiogirl wrote: »
    Yes, it does make interesting news........ I wonder if they are feeling the effects of how many listeners they have lost since Richard Cartliage or whatever his name is came back. I listened to him for all of about 5 minutes and switched of immediately. I say BRING BACK MIKE POWELL!

In response to a number of the past 10 or so posts, firstly I was wondering if it was just me but I found this Richard C's voice rather grating and although I didn't listen to Mike P every Sunday I did always enjoy his show when I did.

Seems odd it they have dropped Richard C already, but all will no doubt become clear one way or another.

I also enjoyed hearing Bill Buckley standing in for JoeT on Dig It (prog was full of calls as usual of course).

And re Mark Carter, I'm sure I noticed him on Sx breakfast yesterday (Weds) after I'd heard Cranners' travel report pop up on R4 via RDS. Cranners even popped up one evening this week unusually.

It is nice when you hear trusted and friendly voices of good radio people - shame it's so infrequent these days it would appear.

Happy listening to Refugees all (wherever you have fled to)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the schedules for BBC Sussex and Surrey in June it looks as though Alison Ferns is returning from 1-4pm weekdays and then Sarah Gorrell is on Drive from 4-7pm. Is that the end of the joint programming with BBC Radio Kent??
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the schedules for BBC Sussex and Surrey in June it looks as though Alison Ferns is returning from 1-4pm weekdays and then Sarah Gorrell is on Drive from 4-7pm. Is that the end of the joint programming with BBC Radio Kent??

Yes, the experimental networking finished on Friday, so Kent reverts to a local drive show on Monday.

Although it's now back to the old problem of Surrey and Sussex still sharing drivetime, alas from Brighton rather than Tunbridge Wells.

Hopefully for the sake of Radio Kent at least, they wont merge drive again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Yes, the experimental networking finished on Friday, so Kent reverts to a local drive show on Monday.

Although it's now back to the old problem of Surrey and Sussex still sharing drivetime, alas from Brighton rather than Tunbridge Wells.

Hopefully for the sake of Radio Kent at least, they wont merge drive again.

From what I'm told, you're wrong again on several counts.
    Tune in and listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    listener55 wrote: »
    Tune in and listen.

The schedule page says that the changes referred to above happen on June 6 (D Day!!!) but next week Dominic King is on holiday and there is a stand in. However it's still a South East Drive rather than Sx Sy Drive.
    If Sarah really is going to do Sx Sy Drive from June I wonder if it will still be a music show rather than news as is the current SE drive?
  • Options
    Tiger 8Tiger 8 Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The schedule page says that the changes referred to above happen on June 6 (D Day!!!) but next week Dominic King is on holiday and there is a stand in. However it's still a South East Drive rather than Sx Sy Drive.
    If Sarah really is going to do Sx Sy Drive from June I wonder if it will still be a music show rather than news as is the current SE drive?

Why not express your opinions about how you would like the Drive show to be.

http://www.bbclocalradioforum.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=4v0sdvj6cg4dibtind40e7fjn6&topic=108.msg608#new
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tune in and listen.

Just popped back to ask...

If you know, why not say so? I hardly think it is going to be some earth shattering event.

I will not be bothering. The cricket season approaches and I have my dab radio.
    Toople pip.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tune in and listen.

Hmm, OK, will do - though as I am not able to tune in from 4.30 when they seem to want to run this 'Drive' show from but am usually only able to listen while driving nearer to 6pm, even the generally v. good Sarah G is unlikely to secure me as a listener between 6 and 7 if they make her do the now customary cheap music hour.

(Sorry, Sarah, it's not you, it'll be what they get you to do).

As Ginger says, Toodle pip - and of course the 1st Test starts next weekend, I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies. Matt Davison is covering for Dom for the next two weeks, but there will be a new S&S drivetime from the 6th June.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies. Matt Davison is covering for Dom for the next two weeks, but there will be a new S&S drivetime from the 6th June.

I feel forced to respond yet again.

There was only one Dom. I think he is at Radio Leicester now, not sure for how long, difficult to keep track.

Brilliant decision to choose Morgan over Bopara, if only those who were running the station had the same type foresight!
    That said, who would want to listen to Sussex Breakfast. I found it indigestible, I guess it still is.
  • Options
    .Janet..Janet. Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Gingerfake wrote: »
    There was only one Dom. I think he is at Radio Leicester now, not sure for how long, difficult to keep track.

BBC Leeds and BBC York presenting Glitterball on Saturday evenings, he has been doing that show for some time now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank goodness for no more DK, far too "Smashy 'n' Nicey" for me. I just hope that Sarah gets the format which does justice to her talents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Thank goodness for no more DK, far too "Smashy 'n' Nicey" for me. I just hope that Sarah gets the format which does justice to her talents.

Indeed Sarah is one of the good guys, but TMS outranks SCR any day of the week

Toodle pip.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 6 months of networking drive with Kent, I feel that they're networking the wrong show.

Ms Fearns should be dumped for Pat Marsh from Radio Kent instead, at least that way they can just about get away with the pan-regional travel bulletins and conten across the four and a 1/4 counties covered by the three stations.

Drive would've also benefited from some of commercial radio's networking skills, such as split links, travel and sweepers. (Although Brighton and Guildford already have split station playout, Kent doesn't, despite being a network hub)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »

Yes, I hope so too. She was brilliant on Afternoons and the bar is now set high. TBH and the very last thing I want to do is upset anyone but in my view either Sarah or Ali should move to mid mornings..and the other in the Afternoon. Then Mark Carter with Clare Cowan on Drive.until hopefully,sense prevails and there is a dedicated drive for each county. And OF COURSE bring back Joe Talbot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 6 months of networking drive with Kent, I feel that they're networking the wrong show.

Ms Fearns should be dumped for Pat Marsh from Radio Kent instead, at least that way they can just about get away with the pan-regional travel bulletins and conten across the four and a 1/4 counties covered by the three stations.

Drive would've also benefited from some of commercial radio's networking skills, such as split links, travel and sweepers. (Although Brighton and Guildford already have split station playout, Kent doesn't, despite being a network hub)

Hmmm I really hope that the BBC keep the commercial types well away from its local radio.service.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it just a website error but on both BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey website from 18th July it lists Breakfast from 6-9am, Danny from 9-12 and Sarah from 12-4. Is this the end of Early Breakfast?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it just a website error but on both BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey website from 18th July it lists Breakfast from 6-9am, Danny from 9-12 and Sarah from 12-4. Is this the end of Early Breakfast?

Sarah is still scheduled on drive from the 18th. Looks like they're cutting back by axing Julia Moore's show and an hour from local breakfast, reducing it to 3 hours a day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well..mistakes on websites can be put right..mistakes in the delivery of a proper BBC local radio station..are another matter?

If this is true , I would say that there is now a real problem with the service being compromised. What happens after 4?