Was anyone from this show successful at all?

2»

Comments

• bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless show funded by the taxpayer - a disgrace:mad:
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    Pointless show funded by the taxpayer - a disgrace:mad:

For goodness sake - millions of people watched it end enjoyed it. My license fee money pays for a lot of programmes I dislike and never watch but so what ? if other people like them they're entitled to watch them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    no, and its the same for america. its all abit of an embaressment, still, its entertaining while its on :)

How is it an embarrassment for America? We don't really care. It's a tv show and it keeps getting higher and higher ratings. Look at idol. They are in the 12th season and the only people I can name from that show are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kat McPhee, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard, and Clay Aiken. That was 9 people out of a show that has had 12 seasons and only a couple of them were winners. Oh, and I just remembered Adam Lambert, Lee Dewyze, and Chrystal Bowersox. The latter two of those three flopped like fish, Ruben doesn't do music, I don't even know if Clay Aiken is alive, Fantasias last album did horrible, Kat McPhee is an actor solely now, but Smash is soon to get cancelled, Jennifer Hudson hasn't had any music in a bit, she is on the same soon to be cancelled show as KM, and Phillip Phillips had Home, but we are yet to see what he can do. Kelly,Carrie, and Daughtry are the only ones I can think of that have been successful longterm in the music business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd put Adam, But he didn't even sell 200k copies of his last album stateside.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Bo's got an album coming out in April.

https://twitter.com/bo_bruce
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, John de Mol who got £22m of our licence fee money for a bunch of rubbish.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    How is it an embarrassment for America? We don't really care. It's a tv show and it keeps getting higher and higher ratings. Look at idol. They are in the 12th season and the only people I can name from that show are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kat McPhee, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard, and Clay Aiken. That was 9 people out of a show that has had 12 seasons and only a couple of them were winners. Oh, and I just remembered Adam Lambert, Lee Dewyze, and Chrystal Bowersox. The latter two of those three flopped like fish, Ruben doesn't do music, I don't even know if Clay Aiken is alive, Fantasias last album did horrible, Kat McPhee is an actor solely now, but Smash is soon to get cancelled, Jennifer Hudson hasn't had any music in a bit, she is on the same soon to be cancelled show as KM, and Phillip Phillips had Home, but we are yet to see what he can do. Kelly,Carrie, and Daughtry are the only ones I can think of that have been successful longterm in the music business.

I could see all 3 shows, X Factor, The Voice, American Idol being cancelled all around at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I could see all 3 shows, X Factor, The Voice, American Idol being cancelled all around at the same time.

no way, x factor will definately be the first to go, despite idols decline still think itll go on for a fair while longer
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    no way, x factor will definately be the first to go, despite idols decline still think itll go on for a fair while longer

It's just that I wouldn't be surprised if American Idol which is in it's 12th season be cancelled by its 15th season.

Not a bad run at all.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,257
    Forum Member

Clay Aiken was in US Celebrity Apprentice last year I think (or the year before) - they love a country singer on there though!
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You didn't mention Scotty McCreery. I know he's a recent idol winner but think he will have a long career in Country music.

And I think Kellie Pickler (another country singer from idol) is also doing OK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Its a little harsh to say noones had success in america considering jermaine paul hasn't released his album yet (although this will probably struggle)

but surely cassadee should be successful, she did very well on itunes throughout the voice, can definately see her being the first of the voice alumni to make it per se
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    For goodness sake - millions of people watched it end enjoyed it. My license fee money pays for a lot of programmes I dislike and never watch but so what ? if other people like them they're entitled to watch them.

Not towards the end they didn't. :)

Cutting the live shows is hardly likely to stop the shows decline, The ratings were shocking towards the end and will continue to be.this series.
  • Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Not towards the end they didn't. :)

Cutting the live shows is hardly likely to stop the shows decline, The ratings were shocking towards the end and will continue to be.this series.

actually, 7 million people watched the final, so clearly millions did watch and enjoy it! :rolleyes: