Balance transfer to another persons card

bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If I do a credit card balance transfer to another persons card(family member etc)is the debt still in my name or will it now be the person who's card it has not gone onto?

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the transfer is permitted the liability for the debt would in the eyes of the respective credit card providers then be with the person who has used their account to pay yours off.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you even transfer a balance between accounts held by two completely different people? Everything I've read about the subject seems to suggest that both accounts involved have to held by the same person.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Can you even transfer a balance between accounts held by two completely different people? Everything I've read about the subject seems to suggest that both accounts involved have to held by the same person.

My boyfriend transferred his CC balance to my CC. All I had to do was speak to the person at his CC company and give him my permission to transfer the balance, and to give him my card details. It was MBNA to Barclaycard if that helps.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I transferred the balance from my daughters cc to mine as I had a good offer for interest free transfers. It went ahead with no problems.