L'wren Scott Suicide

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    not heard of her but it's sad :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't familiar with her to be honest but it's incredible sad when anyone feels driven to take their own life. My thoughts are with her loved ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mail have about seven separate articles on the poor lady and she's not even cold yet. They even called her a "former gangly child" in one. Ridiculous rag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mail have about seven separate articles on the poor lady and she's not even cold yet. They even called her a "former gangly child" in one. Ridiculous rag.

I agree, the mail coverage is disgraceful and all speculation. I have just seen the latest headline showing a picture of Mick Jagger just after he was told of L'Wren Scott's death. I didn't read it as some things are just too intrusive. It seems their are no morals when it comes to getting that "Exclusive":(
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is very tragic but if it's true that she texted her assistant 'come by' and then did that, well I think that's rather despicable and incredibly mean to the poor assistant. It won't surprise me if drugs end up being a factor in this sorry mess.
    As for Mick Jagger, what on earth is the appeal with him? I think he makes Ronnie Wood look sexy and that's not saying much.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    The whole thing is very tragic but if it's true that she texted her assistant 'come by' and then did that, well I think that's rather despicable and incredibly mean to the poor assistant. It won't surprise me if drugs end up being a factor in this sorry mess.
    As for Mick Jagger, what on earth is the appeal with him? I think he makes Ronnie Wood look sexy and that's not saying much.

It's all speculation at this stage as to what caused the poor woman to kill herself.

As for Mick Jagger, he must have a massive appendage. He is repulsive looking and notoriously tighter than a nun's thru'penny.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Daily Star and Daily Mirror front pages today was so bad taste as it with "`The MOMENT that Jagger heard about his girlfriend".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved several of her red carpet dresses, it's such a shame she felt she had to end it all.

I read the DM comments and there were so many saying 'She should have just asked Mick to help!' Mick Jagger is an infamous tightwad. Either Keith Richards or Charlie Watts has joked about the fact that he would even try and dodge buying a round of drinks!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    It's all speculation at this stage as to what caused the poor woman to kill herself.

As for Mick Jagger, he must have a massive appendage. He is repulsive looking and notoriously tighter than a nun's thru'penny.

The exact opposite according to Mr Richards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the news report immediately thought of Philip Seymour Hoffman again - though his drug overdose wasn't suicide - which this apparently was.

The trial and tribulations of money, power and fame and the pressure of it hmmm in particularly money and debts in L'Wren Scott's case - absolutely tragic IMO -

As was in the news report what an appalling conclusion to what an incredible life - the body being driven away from her apartment in the back of a coroner's van, in the way that it was.

RIP.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »

When Jerry Hall dumped Bryan Ferry for Jagger (she must have been mad), she joked that it was because Jagger had a bigger...............wallet.

I guess it's the glamour & fame that attracts them. Jerry 'traded up' to a bigger name.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Nobody really knows what led L'wren Scott to take her own life & while I feel desperately sorry for anyone who feels this is the only way out, a large part of my sympathy lies with her assistant, if indeed, L'wren ensured they'd be the one to find her.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Lots of gossip swirling around about Mick, that he should have helped pay off her debt etc. I have also read several times that he offered many times to do that and L'Wren wouldn't hear of it.

I couldn't care less what he looks like, how wrinkly he is, how big his willy is, how rich and famous he is - the truth is that he must be feeling very alone, sad and lost right now and for that, along with for the rest of her family, he has my sympathy.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do totally understand the sympathy towards her assistant (whom will most likely need counseling to get over the trauma of discovering the body- what an awful thing for someone to experience) it must also be noted that L'wren clearly wasn't well mentally when she took her own life. There have been a lot of posts on other sites saying how selfish she was to put her assistant through that (not to mention her family/friends etc), but I really don't believe she was of sound mind or capable of truly rational thought at the time. So I do think some of the criticism of her which I've seen on other sites is incredibly harsh.

Depression (and other forms of mental illness) are truly crippling and soul destroying, and I really wish it was less taboo to discuss them and to reach out for help. Because I really think there would be less suicides if people felt more able to discuss what is really going on inside their head without the shame associated with it.

Admittedly, I know nothing about fashion, nor do I have any desire to. But, by all accounts, it seems like L'Wren was an incredibly talented and capable businesswoman with a strong desire to create her own success. Which she most certainly did. Unfortunately, one can have all the success, respect, reputation and money in the world, but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if someone is truly mentally unwell. It just goes to show, we all have our own struggles, regardless of how 'perfect' our life may seem to others. Such a sad loss.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of gossip swirling around about Mick, that he should have helped pay off her debt etc. I have also read several times that he offered many times to do that and L'Wren wouldn't hear of it.

I couldn't care less what he looks like, how wrinkly he is, how big his willy is, how rich and famous he is - the truth is that he must be feeling very alone, sad and lost right now and for that, along with for the rest of her family, he has my sympathy.

Well said. I'm finding the accusations (all unfounded) being levelled at him incredibly crass and careless of what he's likely to be going through.
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    I do totally understand the sympathy towards her assistant (whom will most likely need counseling to get over the trauma of discovering the body- what an awful thing for someone to experience) it must also be noted that L'wren clearly wasn't well mentally when she took her own life. There have been a lot of posts on other sites saying how selfish she was to put her assistant through that (not to mention her family/friends etc), but I really don't believe she was of sound mind or capable of truly rational thought at the time. So I do think some of the criticism of her which I've seen on other sites is incredibly harsh.

Depression (and other forms of mental illness) are truly crippling and soul destroying, and I really wish it was less taboo to discuss them and to reach out for help. Because I really think there would be less suicides if people felt more able to discuss what is really going on inside their head without the shame associated with it.

Admittedly, I know nothing about fashion, nor do I have any desire to. But, by all accounts, it seems like L'Wren was an incredibly talented and capable businesswoman with a strong desire to create her own success. Which she most certainly did. Unfortunately, one can have all the success, respect, reputation and money in the world, but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if someone is truly mentally unwell. It just goes to show, we all have our own struggles, regardless of how 'perfect' our life may seem to others. Such a sad loss.

A lovely post.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the news report immediately thought of Philip Seymour Hoffman again - though his drug overdose wasn't suicide - which this apparently was.

The trial and tribulations of money, power and fame and the pressure of it hmmm in particularly money and debts in L'Wren Scott's case - absolutely tragic IMO -

As was in the news report what an appalling conclusion to what an incredible life - the body being driven away from her apartment in the back of a coroner's van, in the way that it was.

RIP.

Without wishing to be too maudlin or morbid, ultimately, we are all born and we all die and at death we are the same - just a body, nothing more, nothing less. Death doesn't discrimate on the basis of social status.

On another note, I genuinely don't understand all the comments about her having it all, how surprising it is etc etc. Mental illness doesn't care about wealth, beauty or fame; if you are clinically depressed, you can have everything and yet not want to carry on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty 567 wrote: »
    I have just seen the latest headline showing a picture of Mick Jagger just after he was told of L'Wren Scott's death.

I saw that picture and it's one of the most disgusting examples of "journalism" I've ever encountered in my life. Things like this are what make it so hard for me to continue supporting freedom of the press. They seriously need to be held more accountable when they cross lines like this, it's absolutely stomach churning what these scumbags get away with.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I loved several of her red carpet dresses, it's such a shame she felt she had to end it all.

I read the DM comments and there were so many saying 'She should have just asked Mick to help!' Mick Jagger is an infamous tightwad. Either Keith Richards or Charlie Watts has joked about the fact that he would even try and dodge buying a round of drinks!

I doubt if Mick offering her money (or not) had anything to do with it. In all likelihood she couldn't handle the failure of her business.

I don't believe that any girlfriend of Jagger's would ever end up homeless, despite the fact he doesn't throw money around I'm sure he's not that mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I agree with you. It must be awful for them all.
    Marianne Faithfull tried to commit suicide when she was dating him. It must be a nightmare.
  • bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    154. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/13 **#10**
    She is not dead, or at least don't think she is dead. I think people would say something if she died although she has disappeared from the face of the earth and no one is saying much of anything right now. She is a C list celebrity but is A list in her own little corner of the celebrity world. Her boyfriend is a permanent A lister and has been cheating on her almost everyday for the past month which also adds fuel to the fire. They used to be inseparable. Now they are not only separated but he is having his way with groupies and celebrities and other people taller than him. There are reports she had a breakdown because he was cheating on her. She canceled a huge event she was working on and has retreated into a hospital to get help although some people say she is hiding out at her home with medical professionals. You would think people would be talking by now but just the whispers getting louder. I think when her boyfriend gets back home the whispering will be much louder.

C list celebrity: L'wren Scott (committed suicide)
    (cancelled London Fashion Week event)
    Boyfriend: Mick Jagger (on tour in China)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bronson wrote: »
    154. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/13 **#10**
    She is not dead, or at least don't think she is dead. I think people would say something if she died although she has disappeared from the face of the earth and no one is saying much of anything right now. She is a C list celebrity but is A list in her own little corner of the celebrity world. Her boyfriend is a permanent A lister and has been cheating on her almost everyday for the past month which also adds fuel to the fire. They used to be inseparable. Now they are not only separated but he is having his way with groupies and celebrities and other people taller than him. There are reports she had a breakdown because he was cheating on her. She canceled a huge event she was working on and has retreated into a hospital to get help although some people say she is hiding out at her home with medical professionals. You would think people would be talking by now but just the whispers getting louder. I think when her boyfriend gets back home the whispering will be much louder.

C list celebrity: L'wren Scott (committed suicide)
    (cancelled London Fashion Week event)
    Boyfriend: Mick Jagger (on tour in China)

Wrong in so many ways>:(
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Yes I agree with you. It must be awful for them all.
    Marianne Faithfull tried to commit suicide when she was dating him. It must be a nightmare.

So did Jean Shrimpton's sister he dated and I think was engaged to (Chrissie?) He left her for Faithfull and by all accounts wasn't the nicest to her. Doesn't take away how dreadful this must be for him though
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    So did Jean Shrimpton's sister he dated and I think was engaged to (Chrissie?) He left her for Faithfull and by all accounts wasn't the nicest to her. Doesn't take away how dreadful this must be for him though

Mick isn't a nice man at all, in fact his behaviour towards past lovers and friends has been bloody disgusting >:( but that doesn't mean he should be blamed for this. My thoughts go out to her family, I can only imagine what they are going through. Such a tragic situation :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »

2 attempted suicides and 1 fatality, not a good track record for Mick.