Should only the winner get a deal?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they can't be bothered?

She simply isn't the God that some worship like she is.

Hard to comprehend for some.

Well can all spell everyones names correctly like Andrea, Ben, Lauren etc, its just childish
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all about money making. Nobody from the show is allowed to sign with any record label for 8 months after the show finishes....they all sign contracts which state this. This allows Simon to sign the acts he wants and stops other labels from signing them. It is also enough time for nobody to care anymore about the acts he doesn't sign, so when the 8 months is up, no other label will want the un-signed ones anyway. The prize should be that only the winner signs with Simon/Syco, but Simon is never going to let that happen as he would loose too much money.

Eoghan Quigg released his album with RCA 3 months after the final. JLS released their debut single 7 months after the final on Epic. Amelia signed a contract with Xenomania 6 months after the final. Marcus released his debut album 3 months after the final with RCA. Your post is incorrect.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only the winners has been signed there would literally be zero successful X Factor contestants.

Besides Leona and Alexander the other contestants have been far more talented and marketable than the winners. I'm surprised Alexandra hasn't done better as I honestly think she had the whole package.

If Matt Cardle had been the only one signed he'd have had his flop album and gone back to his old life as he had. And We'd not have the brilliant (imho) Rebecca Ferguson. Simon wouldn't have the millions he's made from 1D.

We'd have had James Arthur's crap album and massive ego and no Ella Handerson.

And that's just two series.

I do however think if you want a decent credible career you're much better off not being the winner of X Factor. I'll be hugely surprised if Fleur isn't massively more successful than Ben in the long run. Especially given how much Simon obviously favours her.
  • Options
    Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    In the past they haven't been allowed to sign anybody else until the winner has their album/single out in the shops. Not just it appearing online. The winner of the show should be the producers priority seen as though they have just won a singing competition that has been going on for the past couple of months. They need to look at writing songs to suit the artist they have just signed and also look at what other songs that may suit his rocky voice to do as a cover also aswell as newly written songs for the artist or basically ben.