The Grammy 2015 - Album of the Year Poll

Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
Forum Member
Which album would you vote for as Album of the year?

Album of the Year is the most prestigious and final award category at the Grammys having been presented since 1959. Although it was originally presented to the artist alone, the award is now presented to the main artist, the featured artist(s), the producer, the engineer and/or mixer and the mastering engineer.

Grammy 2015 - Album of the Year 2015 Poll 28 votes

Beck - Morning Phase
7%
Pele-thefiregoddessRae_Amury 2 votes
Beyonce - Beyonce
57%
Master OzzyNeighbours_FanThaGazBoiurt31MikePJBbig dankryskrys[Deleted User]GlassBalloonkyleeeLM[Deleted User]LandslideBradHollie_Louise[Deleted User]TunnelVision9 16 votes
Ed Sheeran - X
14%
SparklySwedeallthatyouwantdazcMarcusjll 4 votes
Sam Smith - In the lonely hour
17%
maggie_07SuperAPJStratusSphereNScotIsThisHappiness 5 votes
Pharrell Williams - GIRL
3%
mialicious 1 vote

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce - Beyonce
    The best three out of the nominees are Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith. Ed is great at what he does and I can completely see why people love the album and why it's done so well, but for me I think the albums by the other two nominees are better. Which brings me to Sam Smith...absolutely fantastic debut album and there's not a single song I don't like...the only thing I would say is that for a mature album about love, some of the lyrics are really cheesey at points. Anyway, for me personally, the clear winner is BEYONCE. I absolutely love the album. In her documentary after the 4 album, she said that she wanted to make an album which would be seen as a body of work and not be focussed on single releases. She wanted to make a body of work and an album that would be viewed as a whole. She absolutely achieved that, and for me, I loved everything about it, from the execution/release of the album down to the visual aspect of it and all of the tracks. I loved it and think it definitely deserves to win.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Beyonce - Beyonce
    Beyoncé.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce - Beyonce
    Beyonce
    Because it is a truly fantastic album. The production, the creativity, the songs. It's not an album that has been defined by it's singles. It's been recognised, sold well and loved purely by it's full product. Beyonce is the Meryl streep of the grammys and it seems to be law that she has to be nominated and normally win, but this time around, she does truly deserve the acclaim and award wins for this album. Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith's albums are fantastic. I wouldn't mind Ed winning. But Sam's album has always been too safe for me (essentially a female Our version of events). Album of the year winners, if you go by previous winners, are album that are different and stand out. Beyonce does that for me. So does X as well, as it successfully incoporates folk, pop and hip-hop together with honest lyrics.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Sam Smith - In the lonely hour
    The only album that doesn't have any filler is Sam Smith's, IMO.

I feel like Beyonce starts of brilliantly, then get a bit...boring, then it gets back on track, then i find the lyrics to become a bit repetitive throughout songs and a bit boring.

So, for me, In The Lonely Hour is the album of the year, but I suspect Beyonce will win it.

I find X to be very very very very safe. It's exactly the type of album that hundreds of not so successful people are making. There's no progression from his first, and If I was to describe what his album would of sounded like before I heard it - I would of got it right.

Beyonce and Sam for me, weren't safe.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    Beck - Morning Phase
    have people listened to Beck's?
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beck - Morning Phase
    Beck's is the best, by far.

Sam Smith's is the worst.