The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    I missed last weeks episode and the repeats, what happened with Finn? Has he been forgiven by Clarke and the rest?
    Looks like he has been more or less forgiven by them but the grounders are not so kindly, maybe we can look forward to the toasting forks being handed round :p
    Reaper Lincoln is actually quite scary to look at!
    And a cunning use of the cattle prod - good thinking by Acting Chancellor Mom there, saved the day!
    But not for Finn :D
    ... still wondering about how long (or not so long) it took for Jaha to be taken from the Dead Zone(?) to the grounder camp.
    I had been reasonably sure it wasn't that far away, and depending on where they are right now (presumably stated but can't remember), possibly still not that far off. In the opening credits we see the head of Mrs Statua Libatee in a sand dune, therefore the Dead Zone or part of it or one of them (collective term for many?) includes New York. Or possibly Las Vegas if it's the small one. Or Paris because there's one there too, I saw it in one of those National Treasure films. And now that I check wikipedia it seems there's loads to choose from so it might be small or far away or both...
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the Mountain doctor crossing the line. When it was just blood filtering, I felt she had a point and that it would be churlish to refuse use of your blood for life-saving purpose. Now she wants bone marrow too, she's gone full evil. I'm guessing it won't be long before she and her brother turn on their father. Presumably she wants bone marrow for herself, so she needs at least one more doctor on board to do the procedure.

I'm not sure what I'd do about Finn. Certainly had he pulled a stunt like that in space, he'd have been out of an airlock in no time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    ... I'm guessing it won't be long before she and her brother turn on their father. ...
    When father and son were outside I was trying to figure out whether an unexpected slam of the airlock door would be accompanied by manic laughter or "I'm so sorry", depending on who was being left outside. There's also what looks like a handy steep hillside with no safety railing for a more convincing accident - but yes, Mr President is definitely a candidate for an unexpectedly early retirement...
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Mountain doctor crossing the line. When it was just blood filtering, I felt she had a point and that it would be churlish to refuse use of your blood for life-saving purpose. Now she wants bone marrow too, she's gone full evil. I'm guessing it won't be long before she and her brother turn on their father. Presumably she wants bone marrow for herself, so she needs at least one more doctor on board to do the procedure.
    Is the evil doctor the president's daughter? I must have missed them saying that. The bone marrow thing is horrible, they could have at least knocked the girl out before doing it.

Have to say the science in this show is starting to drive me a bit batty, even with reasonable suspension of disbelief. I mean even if we ignore the fact that to donate/receive bone marrow you have to be a very exact match and just accept that each of the 47 would have to donate marrow to around 8 Mountain men there is no logical reason that you need to kill them to do that. You would just have to wait a short while between each donation (my guess is 3-6 months). I realise that adds up to a few years but these people have been waiting their whole lives, and you'd think that not being complicit in mass murder would be incentive enough to do it more slowly. Also unless I'm very mistaken any immunity given to the current Mountain men by the bone marrow would not pass along to future children of theirs (as bone marrow is not going to alter their DNA) so they would either die out, or be forced back into the mountain, within a generation.
    I'm not sure what I'd do about Finn. Certainly had he pulled a stunt like that in space, he'd have been out of an airlock in no time.
    I really don't see how the Ark lot can object to handing over Finn (although doubtless they will) given that they're clearly in favour of the death penalty as a society, and if murdering a bunch of innocent, unarmed people doesn't qualify for that then I don't know what would. If the situation was reversed and a random grounder broke into their camp and killed multiple citizens you can bet they'd have no hesitation in killing him. I expect we're about to see some world class hypocrisy. ;-)
    When father and son were outside I was trying to figure out whether an unexpected slam of the airlock door would be accompanied by manic laughter or "I'm so sorry", depending on who was being left outside. There's also what looks like a handy steep hillside with no safety railing for a more convincing accident - but yes, Mr President is definitely a candidate for an unexpectedly early retirement...
    Me too. I thought for sure that they wouldn't have actually given the president the same treatment as the son and so his immunity would wear off sooner. Or that the son would find a way to shut him outside when he didn't agree. But I guess the death of the president would be harder to explain away to the rest of the people than the death of one random girl. I wonder if they'll find a way to stage it so that it looks like one or more of the 47 killed him, thus making people more willing to stand by and let them be killed for their bone marrow. Whatever happens I'll be very surprised if Mr President survives much longer.
  • Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the Mountain doctor crossing the line. When it was just blood filtering, I felt she had a point and that it would be churlish to refuse use of your blood for life-saving purpose. Now she wants bone marrow too, she's gone full evil. I'm guessing it won't be long before she and her brother turn on their father. .

She is not related to the President and his son, is she? Where was this mentioned? They would of course have to have different mothers if they were related! :confused:
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    I had been reasonably sure it wasn't that far away, and depending on where they are right now (presumably stated but can't remember), possibly still not that far off. In the opening credits we see the head of Mrs Statua Libatee in a sand dune, therefore the Dead Zone or part of it or one of them (collective term for many?) includes New York.

Given that Ms Libatee lives on a small island in the Hudson River, if that areas has become a massive sand dune that would mean the sea leavel has dropped massively to turn that area into desert.

On the other hand, Lincoln's village is clearly in the ruins of what was Washington DC as we saw he and Octavia pass the (ahem!) Lincoln Memorial on the way there some episodes ago, and that was lush forest despite being less than 250 miles from the desert-bound Lady Liberty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    ... and that was lush forest despite being less than 250 miles from the desert-bound Lady Liberty
    On the other hand, things like opening credits frequently make ample use of artistic licence which may be the only real answer here.
    Sequence shortened, some steps omitted, not gameplay footage...
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not related to the President and his son, is she? Where was this mentioned?
    It was an impression I got from some of the dialogue, but I must have misheard.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    On the other hand,

That's the third hand - must be one of those mutants that Octavia saw :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    That's the third hand - must be one of those mutants that Octavia saw :p
    In which case "gripping" might be the word you're looking for :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping for tonight's episode!

I assume we'll find out if formerly crazy, now remorseful Finn will face any punishment or something for his trigger happy moment a few episodes back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well....ok....
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the second time his so-called friends have been willing to kill Murphy for something he made clear he hadn't done. If I was him I'd tell where they could stick their guns and have nothing more to do with them
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    That's the second time his so-called friends have been willing to kill Murphy for something he made clear he hadn't done. If I was him I'd tell where they could stick their guns and have nothing more to do with them

Murphy did suffocate those 2 lads who were sick from the fever: that was in cold blood . He also hanged Bellamy and he would have died had he not been a lead character who cant die: the intent was there. That is the strange thing with this show everyone is a murderer!
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well....ok....
    I can't believe they actually did the sensible thing for once. I mean they went about it in rather circuitous way but still. Now we can get back to the business of storming the mountain.
    Murphy did suffocate those 2 lads who were sick from the fever: that was in cold blood . He also hanged Bellamy and he would have died had he not been a lead character who cant die: the intent was there. That is the strange thing with this show everyone is a murderer!
    BIB-:D:D:D:D

I think it was wrong of Raven to try and sacrifice Murphy for Finn (and stupid, the grounders knew full well it was Finn so they wouldn't have accepted Murphy) but I don't think Murphy has done enough to atone for his series 1 behaviour yet, so I don't think the rest of them should be trusting him completely either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

But those things happened AFTER the BPs tried to hang him because they thought he had murdered the Chancellor's son and the two guys he killed were actually part of the lynch mob
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Very good episode looking forward to next week's The 100. Indra and Lexa fitting well in The 100 series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drat that Clarke, I was looking forward to a bit of a marshmallows and toasting fork session... denied!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finn deserved it. If not for the village massacre, then for his offensive haircut.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He deserved if for continuing to flutter eyelids at Clarke.

He'll probably end up being resurrected!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One good thing about Finn being dead is that I won't be confused between him and Bellamy any more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    But those things happened AFTER the BPs tried to hang him because they thought he had murdered the Chancellor's son and the two guys he killed were actually part of the lynch mob

That is a strange view of morality. The reason we have a justice system is to stop acts of revenge and vigilantism. Violence leads to violence and on it goes. Bellamy is now a hero despite the fact he caused 320 people to die,: hanged Murphy because the mob wanted him to and attempted to assassinate the president just to get on the drop ship. Miles was a sweet boy who only did what he did because Bellamy stoked up the mob which is exactly while mob rule is wrong. Lexa too is ruled by the force of the mob.

Clarke cut the throat of that grounder who was actually nice to her and was no threat. The way she watched him die was abhorrent. Strange too thhst Lexa didn't care about that at all.

The irony is that I have been watching Cops and the events in Ferguson and the police are allowed to shoot an unarmed person with as many bullets as it takes as long as they feel a threat. Finn only shot when the villagers jumped out at him. Of all the killings his was the most justifiable according to the US idea of justice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a strange view of morality. The reason we have a justice system is to stop acts of revenge and vigilantism. Violence leads to violence and on it goes. Bellamy is now a hero despite the fact he caused 320 people to die,: hanged Murphy because the mob wanted him to and attempted to assassinate the president just to get on the drop ship. Miles was a sweet boy who only did what he did because Bellamy stoked up the mob which is exactly while mob rule is wrong. Lexa too is ruled by the force of the mob.

Clarke cut the throat of that grounder who was actually nice to her and was no threat. The way she watched him die was abhorrent. Strange too thhst Lexa didn't care about that at all.

The irony is that I have been watching Cops and the events in Ferguson and the police are allowed to shoot an unarmed person with as many bullets as it takes as long as they feel a threat. Finn only shot when the villagers jumped out at him. Of all the killings his was the most justifiable according to the US idea of justice.

Finn was also killed off as a plot device: no way would Finn have changed so quickly from his pacifist stance in season 1. The show runner killed off Finn because he wants the character of Clarke to shut off her emotions and become a leader: killing the boy she loves does that according to him.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit telegraphed once we saw Raven hand Clarke the knife. Would've been better if that scene was cut.
    Clarke and Lexa to be BFFs after that, I think. [mental image saved]
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I guess Clarke and Raven won't be exchanging Christmas cards any time soon.

The end of Finn was indeed a bit obvious, but I have to say I did half expect them to cop out of it right up until they didn't.