Pointless presenters

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Who are these talentless presenters? All they can say is "make some noise for..." or "give it up for....", I am not sure what's worse - the pointless presenters or the friends and family - they should all be removed.

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The presenters dont do a lot up till the live shows
  • abraaom1abraaom1 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw. I like Emma. (Also a pointless comment)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't given much freedom, this isn't ITV where Ant & Dec get the majorty of screen time whichever show they're on.

Though I do agree that Marvin is useless.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how it should be. It's the presenters job to orchestrate the segments and move things along. With subtlety. It shouldn't be about them, and we shouldn't have to see or hear them for too long. Usher the departing acts off the stage, and introduce the acts we're about to see next. That should be their job.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvin has got to be the dullest man on tv.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    This is how it should be. It's the presenters job to orchestrate the segments and move things along. With subtlety. It shouldn't be about them, and we shouldn't have to see or hear them for too long. Usher the departing acts off the stage, and introduce the acts we're about to see next. That should be their job.

I agree. The show would fall apart if the presenters weren't there to move things along. I like both of them.
  • DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    They both seem good honest people without an agenda, which is refreshing.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    boygreg wrote: »
    Who are these talentless presenters? All they can say is "make some noise for..." or "give it up for....", I am not sure what's worse - the pointless presenters or the friends and family - they should all be removed.

It would be okay if it was just Emma.

The problem is that UK TV is obsessed with double acts. Blame Ant and Dec, I guess. So it seems like a lot of shows are doomed to have twice as many presenters as they actually need.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marvin and Emma don't really do a great deal until the live shows when Emma will be out on the stage and Marvin backstage with the majority of the contestants.

One really funny scene from last series - although it wasn't intended to be I can imagine - was when the judges were convincing the viewers to vote for their acts backstage. Will decided he wanted to do a rap and asked if anyone had a "beat", no one responded (probably no one knew what he was talking about :D ) and Marvin then started beat boxing to which Will did the funny rap in tribute to the contestants :D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abraaom1 wrote: »
    Aw. I like Emma. (Also a pointless comment)
    Me too. She shows more charisma and personality than Marvin.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly i dont understand why they have 2 have 2 presenters as its just not working IMO
  • DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Honestly i dont understand why they have 2 have 2 presenters as its just not working IMO

I saw what you did there :cool: