Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fork It wrote: »
    [QUOTE
    No farticle today, I suppose because she has been so busy flogging the new masterpiece.

The only update I can see is that the Fail has now removed the offending picture of LJ's mother from the so-called 'article' about her dementia and replaced it with others:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2353179/Liz-Jones-Mum-devoted-life-So-I-manage-just-day-caring-her.html

Well at least it seems someone's actually reading the feedback (shame it's only when there are book sales in the balance that action is taken)[/QUOTE]

Ah,thanks for the update. I find it quite repulsive and baffling that the picture was ever there in the first place.

Quotes messed up but I can't seem to correct it it,sorry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    It was vile, wasn't it. Perhaps the various complaints were heeded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fork It wrote: »
    It was vile, wasn't it. Perhaps the various complaints were heeded.

It would seem so.I am hoping a family member intervened. I have no idea who has power of attorney for Mrs E, Jones but I seriously hope it is not LJ.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I have it on good authority that complaints have been made to the DM, the PCC and local Social Services re the picture of poor Mrs Jones, who is clearly a vulnerable adult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on good authority that complaints have been made to the DM, the PCC and local Social Services re the picture of poor Mrs Jones, who is clearly a vulnerable adult.

Well I myself complained to DM and PCC, although not social services.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    It would seem so.I am hoping a family member intervened. I have no idea who has power of attorney for Mrs E, Jones but I seriously hope it is not LJ.:mad:

Good call! Whoever has the POA could have objected - I know I would have done if my bat sh!t crazy sister had done this. TBH they must have done as I can't imagine the Mail having a crisis of conscience and removing it unless there were legal implications.

If a family member complained - good for you, I salute you! It was one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen. Her mother lying there completely defenceless, barely knowing what was happening while Liz sat there like a grinning ninny posing for a tabloid photograph. Disgusting and totally exploitative.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No farticle today, I suppose because she has been so busy flogging the new masterpiece.

Which is currently flying high in the Amazon UK book chart at... er... #567. :eek:

No, sorry, make that #615. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Which is currently flying high in the Amazon UK book chart at... er... #567. :eek:

No, sorry, make that #615. :o

So what is the current price? I am guessing at about 1.99?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Good call! Whoever has the POA could have objected - I know I would have done if my bat sh!t crazy sister had done this. TBH they must have done as I can't imagine the Mail having a crisis of conscience and removing it unless there were legal implications.

If a family member complained - good for you, I salute you! It was one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen. Her mother lying there completely defenceless, barely knowing what was happening while Liz sat there like a grinning ninny posing for a tabloid photograph. Disgusting and totally exploitative.

She hates all her sisters,but I believe there is still at least one older brother who may be able to contain her extremes.
    Who the heck knows?
    Yes it comes down to whoever has POA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This... this is wonderful: her book is selling less copies on Amazon UK right now than Thomas Cook's European Rail Timetables or Pirate Pete's Potty. :eek::D

Considerably less
    - both those titles are in the Top 100, and her current rank is #627.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's where it deserves to be. No Liz fans been along to tell us how wonderful, insightful, and 'painfully honest,' Liz's latest book is yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's where it deserves to be. No Liz fans been along to tell us how wonderful, insightful, and 'painfully honest,' Liz's latest book is yet?

Sits and whistles in the wind while waiting... (ooh a lot of w words there,:o).
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sits and whistles in the wind while waiting... (ooh a lot of w words there,:o).

And what's the betting that when one does inevitably come along it will just say (all together at the back now...) "If you don't like it, don't read it!" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just in - #742 and still... er... dropping ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just in - #742 and still... er... dropping ?

:D Storming DOWN the charts then? ( I just heard the old radio 1 chart music in my head)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This... this is wonderful: her book is selling less copies on Amazon UK right now than Thomas Cook's European Rail Timetables or Pirate Pete's Potty. :eek::D

Considerably less

I've been feeling a bit rubbish just now but by God has this cheered me right back up again. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally, Amazon mirrors the overall sales (or lack thereof) of books. Thus, I'm thinking Simon & Schuster are going to take a bath with this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall we have a DS competition for the first sighting of it in a local Poundland or equivelent?
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    And what's the betting that when one does inevitably come along it will just say (all together at the back now...) "If you don't like it, don't read it!" :rolleyes:

And how about a hearty chorus of that other great LJ-supporters' mantra: "Come on, does it really matter if it isn't true?" (Er, yes, it rather does, actually, what with it being a "memoir" and all that....) :)

Still, at least there are plenty of new ikkle doggies to write cutesy Diary entries about, the failsafe LJ trick to distract readers from anything negative (like, say, intrusive and offensive articles about relatives who are in no position to object).... (After three, everyone: "Aww, she loves animals, so she must be a lovely person, right?")
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the family info in the book isn't that accurate - Clare was born in Bournemouth, not Portsmouth... her mother was born in 1919, not 1921 (as implied)... and the family returned from Kenya in October 1956, not 1957 as stated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the family info in the book isn't that accurate - Clare was born in Bournemouth, not Portsmouth... her mother was born in 1919, not 1921 (as implied)... and the family returned from Kenya in October 1956, not 1957 as stated.

Bloody hell,I admire your guts to still be wading through that tripe,:eek:
    I have to agree with what Cathrin said, she loves ALL the animals ,so how dare we criticise her.:p ( silk and leather aside obviously).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And...according to her supporters this week, it doesn't matter that she denies the RS is Jim Kerr or that he's taken out a cease and dissist order - IT IS HIM, IT IS, IT IS...!!!!!!!! Sort of getting into the realm of 'Life of Brian' now. Only someone who IS really dating Jim Kerr would DENY dating Jim Kerr. :eek:
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member

Considerably less

:D

Have you seen today's desperate attempt attention seeking in The Fail? ''Yasmin Le Bon's flat-chested fabulousness inspired me to cut off my own breasts.'' :eek: Ms Jones also blames the fashion of the Eighties for her inability to get a date... discounting that just about everyone else managed it.

Professional trolling at its finest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    :D

Have you seen today's desperate attempt attention seeking in The Fail? ''Yasmin Le Bon's flat-chested fabulousness inspired me to cut off my own breasts.'' :eek: Ms Jones also blames the fashion of the Eighties for her inability to get a date... discounting that just about everyone else managed it.

Professional trolling at its finest.

Yes, how often has the "I cut off my own breasts" line been used this year? Apart from the revolting mental image of Liz grabbing a hacksaw and doing a bit of DIY surgery, a breast reduction, performed an a seriously unstable young woman so her jackets hang better is used whenever someone has or may get breast cancer. Like you Sara, I never had any problem getting dates in the 80s, I do remember feeling very happy and enjoying life to the full - maybe that's where I went wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having been relentlessly bullied when I was young for being flat chested it is one of the things that gets my goat. I was held on the ground while the boys tried to find my breasts.I just don't effing believe her.

I mean in no way was it good to not have a bosom.