Speidi "us against them"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YawnUSA wrote: »
    there's someone on youtube that posts the main show, live show, and bots.. his account gets cancelled here and there so u have to follow him to another acct.. also there are to.rr.en.ts available for main show if the yt guy is too slow.

The reason I ask is because often on YouTube it has missed a few mins off .. I have a friend in Australia who is also watching on YouTube
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the words of Rylan ... " I aint fake darlin" it was a genuine hand of friendship and like the Pratts you have seen it as a sign of weakness.. Shame on you ..we could of been such good friends.. I am happy for my friends opinions to be opposite from mine :(

If I am still talking to you after tomorrow night when Speidi are announced the winners, I will get you a glass of champagne.

I honestly don't expect them to win but it would have its fun side. If Rylan wins it will be milked to death but ho hum, it is nice if a talentless bloke does make good, it will make millions of chavs happy.

Do not dare reply, the serious Speidi haters will dub you an enabler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    If you are going to have a punch up Betty, I'll hold ya coat.

;):)

No need Blue .. I attack with words not with punches..( unless I have to ;) ) but thank you fr the offer
  • Options
    Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gotta agree with most of that, this whole thing has been BBs deliberate plan all along and would not have happened otherwise. heidi is one very confused woman & may end up being quite troubled by her bb experience.

gotta disagree on these points though
    partly due to rylan's slagging them off and revealing their vt where they said everyone seemed "weird"... typically nobody gets to see anybody else's intro vt.. but rylan was straight up stirring shit and outing these americans to everybody...

they come back into the house in relatively good spirits after slamming the housemates in the diary room.. slamming the housemates that slammed them... they come in smiling and laughing.. they werent about to create drama or start a fight.. rylan immediately launches into them getting in their faces and starts a big fight.. they feel he is fake.. their opinions.. he didnt like it and went on and on....

razor gets up and physically threatens him..

it is revealed to them that they have been fooled by bb.. they are then called out for their answers by the housemates.. rylan mostly and he once again launches into them.. he is the star of the show and he again turns everyone against them..

they didnt laugh at claire.. they were laughing at rylan who was losing his shit..
    frankie said last night that everyone in the basement was discussing how rude they were so their wipeout at nominations was probably very little to do with rylan gossiping & more to do with their childish behaviour

when they came back into the house they boasted about causing shit but theyre master passive aggressive manipulators & knew damned well the others would kick off without them having to get aggressive once theyd thrown those few hand grenades on their entrance.

from the footage we saw, razor did not physically threaten them.

rylan calmly made one comment after theyd clapped & was immediately backed up by the others because they were all disgusted at the thought of her clapping at seeing claire in distress.

they may have been laughing at riling rylan again but he wasnt losing his shit at that point, he lost it afterwards & if they were decent people, they would have focussed immediately on the fact that they hurt claire (albeit unintentionally) rather than childish one upmanship with rylan.

they may be reactionary & have insecurities but the persecution complex has developed from other peoples reactions to speidi themselves being emotionally immature, self-centred, incompassionate people...............every action has a reaction. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    If I am still talking to you after tomorrow night when Speidi are announced the winners, I will get you a glass of champagne.

I honestly don't expect them to win but it would have its fun side. If Rylan wins it wil be milked to death but ho hum, it is nice if a talentless bloke does make good, it will make millions of chavs happy.

Do not dare reply, the serious Speidi haters will dub you an enabler.

I'd prefer a vodka .. Never been a fan of Champagne .. Whoever wins will be there because they got the most votes and I can accept that ..

My fellow Rylan supporters enjoy banter.. Didn't you join in the "pink pants " debate

Also what " talent " do the Pratts offer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer a vodka .. Never been a fan of Champagne .. Whoever wins will be there because they got the most votes and I can accept that ..

My fellow Rylan supporters enjoy banter.. Didn't you join in the "pink pants " debate

Also what " talent " does the Pratts offer?

Good question, possibly none. Heidi seems to dance OK and Spencer is probably a good plumber. I think you got me................have a point.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to confess, I didn't read it either. You can have the wink back at you.;)
    its worth reading, its probably the most fair account of them on here :) .............although there are some ommissions & bias against the british HMs. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    its worth reading, its probably the most fair account of them on here :) .............although there are some ommissions & bias against the british HMs. ;):D

Don't guilt trip me, more than 200 words and I can't be arsed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good question, possibly none. Heidi seems to dance OK and Spencer is probably a good plumber. I think you got me................have a point.:)

Only ONE :eek: I deserve more than that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    gotta disagree on these points though
    frankie said last night that everyone in the basement was discussing how rude they were so their wipeout at nominations was probably very little to do with rylan gossiping & more to do with their childish behaviour

when they came back into the house they boasted about causing shit but theyre master passive aggressive manipulators & knew damned well the others would kick off without them having to get aggressive once theyd thrown those few hand grenades on their entrance.

from the footage we saw, razor did not physically threaten them.

rylan calmly made one comment after theyd clapped & was immediately backed up by the others because they were all disgusted at the thought of her clapping at seeing claire in distress.

they may have been laughing at riling rylan again but he wasnt losing his shit at that point, he lost it afterwards & if they were decent people, they would have focussed immediately on the fact that they hurt claire (albeit unintentionally) rather than childish one upmanship with rylan.

they may be reactionary & have insecurities but the persecution complex has developed from other peoples reactions to speidi themselves being emotionally immature, self-centred, incompassionate people...............every action has a reaction. ;):D

fair assessments =)
    (except the razor one)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Sorry I stopped reading after
    "they are not premeditated"

Ditto.

Not sure if that was a for or against Speidi. I have short term memory whatsit .. post was too long :yawn:

Speidi FTW
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rapscalion wrote: »
    Interesting take from the OP. Better than the so called professional psychologists on BBBOTS!

I think Spencer over-reacted to being sent to the basement and it was all downhill from there. It was like spencer had been told "grudges" make for good reality TV, so he developed a grudge against the others, but he completely overdid it and took it too far. It ended up seeming like fake emotions.

I agree with you - they are playing a game that they think is expected of them as reality performers. They are not taking everything to heart (like Claire and co) and they are exaggerating their reactions to the other Hms because they feel they have to bring something to the Big Brother table. As they said, they are not talented, they are just known for reality TV.

Personally I've enjoyed Spencer's Diary room snipes at the rest of the house. He's actually quite perceptive. Whether I'd like him in a real life situation, I don't know, but I've enjoyed having them in the house.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like that post, OP. Exceptional opening gambit. :D Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fair assessments =)
    (except the razor one)
    how did razor physically threaten them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    how did razor physically threaten them?

He weighs more, is hairy, has a manly voice, ruddy faced when angry and was very angry after being goaded by the Pratts. Despite the fact that he never laid a finger on them, nor appeared to have any such intention, he was terrifying to the innocent duo who made their fame by ranting at all people, family and friends. Spencer has definitely been violent on TV though, I've seen the IACGMOOH video. There are probably other shows where he's done the same things....:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Great assessment OP. I'd been thinking they had more of a game plan at the beginning (us vs them) and had then realized that wasn't what the BB house was about, but now I think you are probably right. They were upset about being put down in the basement. That's what they've said all along. One thing they do seem to do is say what they are feeling at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its interesting to me to see how badly most people misinterpret what speidi are up to..
    they are not premeditated..
    they are reactionary..

firstly they came into this house with a reputation for being bad.. well that's how they felt.. they really believed they were known to be bad.. overinflated egos in reality because nobody in britain knew anything about them..

they didnt get into the glamour house immediately.. what a painful sting.. and they were able to specifically point to the culprit.. rylan.. frankie shrunk from that decision.. but rylan went on about sun and essex and los angeles.. then sent them to the basement.. spencer was upset with rylan.. he felt the people that sent all the housemates to the basement should have sacrificed themselves to the basement if given the opportunity.. whether or not spencer would have done the same is debatable.

that was the beginning of speidi's negative attitude.. its my opinion that had they not been forced into this horrible living experience to begin with we might have seen different behavior from the start.. they were really upset... no matter all the bluster about not caring etc.. they were upset.. it wasnt what they had seen before on bb and not what they expected..

next scenario is the task ryan ultimately performed.. bb made an us against them situation which speidi reacted to.. boycott a task beneficial to the other "team"... they didnt want to meet the "other team" either.. childish behavior but not mean.. not nasty.. not premeditated "evil" behavior.. simply childish and defensive "us against them" behavior..

then they get into the house.. they are relatively friendly while they acclimate themselves.. right after that they are nominated for eviction by everybody in the house.. everybody... partly due to rylan's slagging them off and revealing their vt where they said everyone seemed "weird"... typically nobody gets to see anybody else's intro vt.. but rylan was straight up stirring shit and outing these americans to everybody...

so if you're heidi and spencer you already feel like everybody is against you.. you become defensive.. they reverted back to their previous roles of "everybody is against us" as it was in the hills "reality" show...

they put on the act that they want to be evicted.. its a defense mechanism.. it also plays into character.. they "know" they're hated and go along with it.. they keep saying they want to be evicted.. deep down they do not.. but none of it is in their control...

the public saves them from the first eviction but bb knows they will be nominated again.. they are the easy prey.. they are the outsiders in this house.. they go down to the basement after faking a dramatic "leave"... then they see what they think has been happening all along.. the other housemates slagging them... this reinforces their insecure feelings.. even the people they didnt consider like lacey and waffle sam (i like them they listen to me... i dont like them they are boring) slag them... its us against them reinforced...

they come back into the house in relatively good spirits after slamming the housemates in the diary room.. slamming the housemates that slammed them... they come in smiling and laughing.. they werent about to create drama or start a fight.. rylan immediately launches into them getting in their faces and starts a big fight.. they feel he is fake.. their opinions.. he didnt like it and went on and on....

they mocked their relationship and how they dont show any pda... ryan makes it worse with an ill timed joke (it wasnt a joke it was a smarmy wiseass comment) which pissed off spencer.. cant win for losing.. spencer shows his teeth.. razor gets up and physically threatens him.. us against them....

eventually this all calms down.. they get along with the rest of the house.. but deep inside those feelings persist.. they likely still want to leave no matter what they say.. they arent comfortable in a house where everybody wants them to leave.. everybody once again nominates them... once again they are saved by the public.. defiantly they say "we're gonna win"...

they havent been playing a game at this point they are simply reacting to events of the house... but now they must realize the public wants them to stay.. they feel like everyone is against them.. they know the public has been watching them.. every time they are asked questions about other housemates they give their opinion at the time.. however they feel at the moment is how they react... at times they feel good.. and accepted.. for them its a moment of weakness.. they are a bit wary of the housemates and assume they are getting slagged in private.. they are insecure people used to being slagged.. justifiable or not...

just when they are feeling comfortable bb throws a wrinkle by interviewing them for the public.. they play the part they feel the public has enjoyed and say bad things about the other housemates... the housemates that have slagged them and unanimously nominated them back to back.. they owe nothing to these housemates.. they must feel that these questioners are on their side so they ham up the responses to the target audience..

it is revealed to them that they have been fooled by bb.. they are then called out for their answers by the housemates.. rylan mostly and he once again launches into them.. he is the star of the show and he again turns everyone against them..

if you're speidi and already have an "us against them" mentality you dont have much choice but to sink back into your comfort zone.. each other...

everything that happens after that is simply us against them.. you dont like us.. you want us out.. you're slagging us behind our backs.. nothing contrived nothing premeditated.. simply defense mechanisms... they play into being considered reality pros when realistically they are not.. they were essentially actors in the hills.. it was 'scripted reality'... they dont know what they are doing.. they are simply playing the role they played in the hills.. everyone is against us...

the latest furor was created because bb is constantly trying to separate them.. no way.. you will not separate us.. we owe you nothing bb.. you screwed us twice already (the basement.. the fake interview).. we wont play along....

heidi clapping was not directed to claire.. she was in her own world inside her head and clapped as they always have when they are mentioned failing a task or being nominated.. she got called out aggressively by rylan so spencer came to her defense and defiantly clapped as well.. more directed at the pissed off rylan.. because he knows he can get under rylan's skin very easily.. us against them resumed... they didnt laugh at claire.. they were laughing at rylan who was losing his shit..

these arent two well thought out housemates intentionally creating problems for the house.. the problems arised due to circumstance and their relative weaknesses.. insecurity and persecution complex.

Goodness O/P, you really put your heart and soul into that post. :eek: And for that reason alone I'd like to agree, but can't. Speidi don't deserve all the time and energy you've devoted to them here.

Nah. They're just two genuinely nasty people.
  • Options
    Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Are you Speidi's agent?:)

If it is, that would explain why their letter was longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is, that would explain why their letter was longer.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only ONE :eek: I deserve more than that

Ok, you get 5. Keep up the good work.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    megornius wrote: »
    Great assessment OP. I'd been thinking they had more of a game plan at the beginning (us vs them) and had then realized that wasn't what the BB house was about, but now I think you are probably right. They were upset about being put down in the basement. That's what they've said all along. One thing they do seem to do is say what they are feeling at the moment.

i reckon spencer assumed they'd be eliminated first.. quick exit.. quick paycheck.. thus the aggressive vt and intro with the camouflage outfit..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    i reckon spencer assumed they'd be eliminated first.. quick exit.. quick paycheck.. thus the aggressive vt and intro with the camouflage outfit..

At points I have wondered whether (a) Speidi have any contractual obligations re playing a role, (b) if BB producers have misled Speidi as to their role and the general show format.

One thing I just thought -the Speidi "Walk out" was definitely planned in advance, so to carry that off, Speidi would have to be believable to the housemates as being ticked off with the experience prior to the Walkout. So Speidi being less social at first could be a complete fabrication.