Options

Emmerdale : There is no chemistry between Katy and Declan.

Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is no chemistry between Declan and Katy. One of them should have an affair or they should split up. Katy was good when she fell down the mineshaft and Declan is good with Megan but together Katy and Declan are wooden. It's painful to watch.

Comments

• Options
    shellbiggs08shellbiggs08 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    There's none between Charity and Jai or Marlon and Lauren either.

And I still can't believe that Moira is shacked up with the guy who almost ruined her marriage.

One of Stuart Blackburn's main traits as Emmerdale producer was creating random couples.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    I believe that Katy is only with Declan because of the money.
    A bad pairing.
    How on earth Katy is still in Emmerdale i do not know!
  • Options
    MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see any chemistry between Cameron or Chas either but totally agree about Declan and Katy-terrible pairing
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, get her out of HOME FARM!! bring Natasha back
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    I believe that Katy is only with Declan because of the money.
    A bad pairing.
    How on earth Katy is still in Emmerdale i do not know!

I dont watch emmerdale now but if thats true seems a bit much after the whole falling down the minds thing doubt shed even bother after that lol
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    There's none between Charity and Jai or Marlon and Lauren either.

And I still can't believe that Moira is shacked up with the guy who almost ruined her marriage.

One of Stuart Blackburn's main traits as Emmerdale producer was creating random couples.

Mm but ironically there is chemistry there ;) Maybe that's why she actually went with him in the first place.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Katie and Declan have no chemistry at all - he would suit Charity better IMO.

IMO - Laurel & Marlon, Andy & Kerry - neither of these couples really go together either.
  • Options
    moongodess777moongodess777 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I agree no chemistry whatsoever and I think he's to old for her. Also agree that he would be much better suited to Charity and have been wondering if in the long run, with them already having had that one night stand that this is were TPTB are heading with this.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I agree that Katie and Declan have no chemistry at all - he would suit Charity better IMO.

IMO - Laurel & Marlon, Andy & Kerry - neither of these couples really go together either.

This is the most random pairing of all. I can understand Kerry fancying Andy (even though he's a bit dull for her really) but why he puts up with Kerry and her shenanigans I have no idea.
  • Options
    Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy and Kerry work better than Laurel and Marlon.

I think the scriptwriters must have realised that Laurel and Marlon just dont work, as they are never seen together very much anymore. Maybe Donna should come back for Marlon...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    This is the most random pairing of all. I can understand Kerry fancying Andy (even though he's a bit dull for her really) but why he puts up with Kerry and her shenanigans I have no idea.

Sacrifices must be made to have an on call babysitter who can satisfy certain urges! :cool:

Declan and Katie dosnt go well together they look more like Father and Daughter rather than husband and wife! Declan really needs some stronger support characters around him!
    Wench02 wrote: »

I think the scriptwriters must have realised that Laurel and Marlon just dont work, as they are never seen together very much anymore. Maybe Donna should come back for Marlon...

I've noticed that myself not even the Emmerdale is great die hards on here could defend that pairing! They should never have been paired up in the first place!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The odd thing is, and I realise this may cause controversy but I actually quite like maurel.

I however can't stand Kerry and Andy, Chas and Cameron or even Katy and Declan.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sacrifices must be made to have an on call babysitter who can satisfy certain urges! :cool:

Declan and Katie dosnt go well together they look more like Father and Daughter rather than husband and wife! Declan really needs some stronger support characters around him!

I've noticed that myself not even the Emmerdale is great die hards on here could defend that pairing! They should never have been paired up in the first place!

What on call babysitter are you meaning JR ? :D

BIB: I thought this about Cameron and Debbie - he always looked far too old for her.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

bib: Or better still, Nathan!:D

I'm not normally all that keen on soap returnees, but I'll make an exception in his case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

This is how I feel! She always looked the same age as Mia and they were friends weren't they? It's cringey seeing them kissing and stuff, it looks really awkward!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

I'm not normally all that keen on soap returnees, but I'll make an exception in his case.

Nathan was brilliant in the end. We need a new powerful family in home farm though.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: I thought this about Cameron and Debbie - he always looked far too old for her.

He's got two right under his nose now, (both available for either babysitting or urge-fulfillment). And they say Thugden's stupid. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    He's got two right under his nose now, (both available for either babysitting or urge-fulfillment). And they say Thugden's stupid. :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

NATHAN!!!!!! Yes please :)
  • Options
    deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On about Emmerdale couples with zero chemistry, for me it's David and Priya!! Admittedly, there isn't much more between Katie and Declan either!!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    I agree no chemistry whatsoever and I think he's to old for her. Also agree that he would be much better suited to Charity and have been wondering if in the long run, with them already having had that one night stand that this is were TPTB are heading with this.
    Too old for her!!!! She's with him for the money!
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Declan and Katie dosnt go well together they look more like Father and Daughter rather than husband and wife! !

they put her with that psycho cop who looked more like her grandad.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ka-eee is a wooden personality-less bore. She is pretty enough but she and Deckhand do not gel and their paring is totally uninteresting. Should have killed her off down the mineshaft although I reckon she is gonna shag Steve. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was far more chemistry between Charity and Declan than Jai and Charity and Katie and Declan IMO. But then, Katie always seems quite sterile to me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Princess Bloody Katie. Why is she still in Emmerdale.