Options

Millionaire Jordan Uses Government Taxis!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally you weren't allowed to claim these benefits if you earned over a certain amount, so they must have gotten rid of it. So it looks like she claims travels, I know she claims respite care. Yes she pays taxes like we do etc so she is entitled to it. It's the way the system works. The system will pay for just travel £195,000 per year, respite care can range from £250 - £1000 a day. Plus she will claim for other stuff. A total could be as much as per year £250,000 under 18, it will be more when over, as own flat, two carers etc

I can see where Katie H is coming from, as she's looking at it on the whole, as it does bleed the system dry.
    If the government re-opened special schools then this cost per child wouldn't be as much, but they shut the majority of them, hence why they have to travel further. There is a shortage of schools, units etc and it's wrong but it's the way it is.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so but she has to claim it, I assume she doesn't get it automatically. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Harvey will be statemented and within that statement will be his provision of care/education and how he will reach there and get back home plus many other things. It's not a benefit Labbie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    The FBI wrote: »
    I agree with Katie Hopkins. Price is a millionaire.

as if hopkins wouldn't do it if the shoe were on the other foot. self-righteous doesn't quite cut it
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Her fee for this stint on Big Brother alone is reported to be half a million pounds........

So....?
  • Options
    Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because Cameron does it, doesn't mean it is ok. No wonder the NHS is crippled.

The NHS is not "crippled" because a disabled child is getting a lift to school. It's being hit by reorganisation and underfunding by a government which can find money for their expenses, trident and foreign wars. Maybe it's just easier to blame those most in need. Austerity hits the most vulnerable in our society and we all start turning on each other not the millionaire bankers who caused the crash or the MPs who choose where to make the cuts.
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    The whole ethos of the NHS is that is free and available for everyone and I have no problem with KP using the service for her son.
    After all our Prime Minister claimed DLA for his disabled son and used the NHS frequently for his sick child.

Exactly - wtf is up with Hopkins.

I cannot bear her. >:(
  • Options
    BafarBafar Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that if I was a multi-millionaire I would pay for my own drivers/taxis and everything else. No question in my mind.
    I know.

Shame on all these multi-millionaire disabled children, with their healthcare and special circumstances scrouging from the state. If they are able to be multi-millionaires as disabled children, they can damn well pay for their own taxis, as diabled children.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    I think both arguments have merit! I agree with the sentiment of KH, but on balance I think I would come down on KP's side on this.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S_J1 wrote: »
    Normally you weren't allowed to claim these benefits if you earned over a certain amount, so they must have gotten rid of it. So it looks like she claims travels, I know she claims respite care. Yes she pays taxes like we do etc so she is entitled to it. It's the way the system works. The system will pay for just travel £195,000 per year, respite care can range from £250 - £1000 a day. Plus she will claim for other stuff. A total could be as much as per year £250,000 under 18, it will be more when over, as own flat, two carers etc

I can see where Katie H is coming from, as she's looking at it on the whole, as it does bleed the system dry.
    If the government re-opened special schools then this cost per child wouldn't be as much, but they shut the majority of them, hence why they have to travel further. There is a shortage of schools, units etc and it's wrong but it's the way it is.

I don't know where you get your facts from.
    Can you prove it with source/links?
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her fee for this stint on Big Brother alone is reported to be half a million pounds........

If that's true then it's even more disgusting.
    Claiming government money on top...pure greed, that's what it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    She has millions and can afford it.

Most people I know could afford independent school fees if they adapted their lifestyles and really cut back. Does this mean all but the poor should be excluded from sending their children to state schools? State provision isn't just about affordability but is also about the principle and the kind of society we want to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I really dont think Katie P would be silly enough to lie about the amount of tax she pays on a show such as BB ..... She is not stupid and she knows things come back and bite you so i dont think she would lie about that or even talk about it if it were not true. You have only got to look at the amount of celebrities who have been done for it lately.
    She may be irritating and self obsessed at times but stupid she is not.
  • Options
    rowdyprincessrowdyprincess Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its harvey using it not katie and he is entitlled
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    Exactly - wtf is up with Hopkins.

I cannot bear her. >:(

I'd like to get a wet fish and slap her with it!>:(
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Katie Hopkins would prefer the government to build and manage a school closer to where Katie Price lives so the need to provide transport for Harvey would not be necessary.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Harvey will be statemented and within that statement will be his provision of care/education and how he will reach there and get back home plus many other things. It's not a benefit Labbie.

Ok thanks for this but it still doesn't sit right with me,she has all that money yet some people can't get medicines they need for their cancers etc. I am not sticking up for KH either because I can't abide her.
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe so but she has to claim it, I assume she doesn't get it automatically. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I think I know what you mean. However, if it was for the care if KP, then I would say she should pay herself as she has the money but children (indeed anyone) with disabilities should be treat equally, regardless of how much their parents have.

The fact that some people can't get cancer treatments etc due to lack of funds is disgusting I agree and very very wrong but I can't blame KP for that.
  • Options
    BafarBafar Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Maybe Katie Hopkins would prefer the government to build and manage a school closer to where Katie Price lives so the need to provide transport for Harvey would not be necessary.

The could give it a snappy name, the workhouse maybe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The NHS is not "crippled" because a disabled child is getting a lift to school. It's being hit by reorganisation and underfunding by a government which can find money for their expenses, trident and foreign wars. Maybe it's just easier to blame those most in need. Austerity hits the most vulnerable in our society and we all start turning on each other not the millionaire bankers who caused the crash or the MPs who choose where to make the cuts.

And I say, "Well written."
  • Options
    mellickmellick Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    People assume that KP will be paying a lot of tax. Anyone in KPs position I am sure will have the best possible accountant and offset tax against losses for a start.
    edited

So your assumption is right and everyone elses is wrong? Doh!
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    linmic wrote: »
    I I think I know what you mean. However, if it was for the care if KP, then I would say she should pay herself as she has the money but children (indeed anyone) with disabilities should be treat equally, regardless of how much their parents have.

Yes I agree all children with disabilities should be treated equally, it just never crossed my mind that millionaires would take money out of the NHS. I am gobsmacked to be honest.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She pays an awful lot of taxes so I see no problems there ?
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree all children with disabilities should be treated equally, it just never crossed my mind that millionaires would take money out of the NHS. I am gobsmacked to be honest.
    Why? They pay in to the system, they should be entitled to use it.
  • Options
    Norn2Norn2 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't see a problem. she pays tax, so why can't she use a system she contributes to? it's perfectly legal for her to do so.
  • Options
    elizadooolittleelizadooolittle Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no problem. I expect she contributes a lot of tax.