Cameron says he will take part in only one TV debate in three weeks time

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cameron he will take part in only one TV debate in three weeks time.

Empy seat the coward.

Comments

• Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    A good PR man knows his limitations. That's really all (call me) Dave has ever been .
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a coward all right. The coward of the Tory Party.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should just carry on without him.

The bloke doesn't even hold a majority in this country.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    I think they should just carry on without him.

The bloke doesn't even hold a majority in this country.

What just have two hours of Ed speaking to an empty chair?

Would be like Clint Eastwoods Republican conference speech
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MattN wrote: »
    What just have two hours of Ed speaking to an empty chair?

How would you tell them apart? :D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does look like Cameron's trying desperately to avoid the public seeing him being criticised a lot for some of his policies. The less times he appears in the debates, the less he can look bad.

Edit: For someone who likes to make himself look like he means business, he's doing a bad job by only appearing in one debate.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Scientists working in Ethiopia have uncovered a jawbone fossil which may push the origin of humans back 400,000 years."

still to find cameron's backbone though .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    He might have to discuss awkward topics like Europe and immigration.

You know, things which matter to the country.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    But, but, but the media keeps telling me Ed Miliband is an incompetent idiot who can't even eat a bacon sandwich! So why wouldn't Cameron want to debate him?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Cameron is employing the same tactic as someone in the dock for murder. His brief will be saying to stay silent, but the prosecution will try and claim this suggests an element of guilt in doing so.
    Forum Member
    Hope the other 7 eat him alive. :D
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron has chickened out. :D

I knew he would. ;)

Let's hope this ridiculous American export will not see the light of day here any more.

It's because of the last debates - 'I agree with Nick' - that we have this shambles of a coalition.
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david cameron is a chicken

conservatives together evil forever
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Cameron.

I actually feel for him. All his family connections got him where he is and that has meant he is ill equipped when it comes to talking to 'normal' people - if there is such a thing.

These debates must feel like the test he is not studied for...

Luckily the liblabcons will use subterfuge and make the debates about humiliating UKIP to take the heat of their own oxbridge losers..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    david cameron is a chicken

conservatives together evil forever

Don't chickens have a backbone?
    Forum Member
    It is strange that the whole Tory strategy is to depict Ed Miliband as being to young/inexperienced/weak to become PM and yet when Cameron gets an opportunity to debate him one-on-one he chickens out.
    Forum Member
    Also the Tories keep telling us that everything is wonderful. If so, then you'd think that Dave would be only too pleased to go on television and brag about their successes in tv debates... :confused:
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    But, but, but the media keeps telling me Ed Miliband is an incompetent idiot who can't even eat a bacon sandwich! So why wouldn't Cameron want to debate him?!

Must admit that I'm fairly amazed at this........I assumed the one debate he wanted would be the head-to-head with Miliband...........because I assumed he thought he would run rings round him

Obviously now every opportunity Labour will big up Miliband,,,,,,,every time the Tories suggest he's useless Labour can trot out 'well, why was Cameron afraid to debate with him'?

The 7 or 8 leader debate will be a waste of time........7 or 8 people all shouting at the same time. No one will hear anything any of them will say.........that's going to be a non event
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its making a complete mockery of the entire right wing media,
    for months/years we've had them saying what a terrible leader Ed Miliband is yet Cameron this amazing Best over PM has run away from a 1 on 1 with Ed Miliband.

Kay Burley was almost slavering at the mouth in 2010 over this issue because its her number one hero running away tonight not a peep. the same with the suns political editor and all the others NOT a peep.

The very tone of the letter should have been enough for all the media outlets to just agree empty chair him and carry on without him. The arrogance level is off the scale as is the utter contempt he is showing. Cameron like Burley wanted these Debates because he knew Brown was finished. the media should have realised his stance over the Greens was him backing out yet they carried on pretending everything could be fixed.

The gist of the letter is basically saying the media as a whole have been a shambles this time so was that on purpose why was everything so organised in 2010? yet in 2015 in theory it should have been even easier to arrange.
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the other 7 eat him alive. :D

7? Isn't/wasn't there there only 6 others?
    Forum Member
    Bahtat wrote: »
    7? Isn't/wasn't there there only 6 others?

Oh yeah you're right.

I wonder if the 3-way will replace the Cameron VS Miliband? Miliband, Clegg and Farage. Their parties were named "major parties" by Ofcom so it makes sense.
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah you're right.

I wonder if the 3-way will replace the Cameron VS Miliband? Miliband, Clegg and Farage. Their parties were named "major parties" by Ofcom so it makes sense.

Hope so. It's only the last one that should be cancelled if Cameron fails to appear. But all 3 should be scheduled to go ahead and only the last one cancelled when Cameron confirms in writing he's not coming (which i think he has done already).
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The broadcasters really ought to stick two fingers up to this spineless coward and carry on. He's pissed them about for long enough, the sheer arrogance of this letter is surely the straw that breaks the camels back?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Its making a complete mockery of the entire right wing media,
    for months/years we've had them saying what a terrible leader Ed Miliband is yet Cameron this amazing Best over PM has run away from a 1 on 1 with Ed Miliband.

Kay Burley was almost slavering at the mouth in 2010 over this issue because its her number one hero running away tonight not a peep. the same with the suns political editor and all the others NOT a peep.

The very tone of the letter should have been enough for all the media outlets to just agree empty chair him and carry on without him. The arrogance level is off the scale as is the utter contempt he is showing. Cameron like Burley wanted these Debates because he knew Brown was finished. the media should have realised his stance over the Greens was him backing out yet they carried on pretending everything could be fixed.

The gist of the letter is basically saying the media as a whole have been a shambles this time so was that on purpose why was everything so organised in 2010? yet in 2015 in theory it should have been even easier to arrange.

I'd be very surprised if The Sun printed anything that would show Cameron in a bad light.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,560
    Forum Member
    I never thought before you could get an arrogant chicken but Cameron has proved he is one! >:(

Fine, this will cost him even more votes/seats as well as losing the election so I'm glad in a way. The rest of the parties/Miliband should tell him where he can stick his "ulitmatum" too as this would be a right farce. With 7 parties at least, they won't get much time to say anything on any question and thats exactly what Cameron wants but it will so backfire on him.

Boy I can't wait to see him leave Number 10 with the removal vans loading his things up! It will be funnier and sweeter than the Lib Dems getting wiped out!