Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    dragon1950 wrote: »
    This whole Jimmy Saville affair has taken a disturbing turn. Now we have Lord McAlpine threatening to sue over defamation.....and rightly so as he should never have been named...and a few minor celebrities being accused of groping! The emphasis should still be how JS managed to get away with what he did for decades and the cover up by the police. Why did politicians give JS such positions of power such as his role in Broadmoor why was he given the keys to other hospitals. It's just shocking that this is all being glossed over.

Yes this still hasn't been adequately explained. pointing the finger of blame elsewhere seems to be the way they do things.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    I think the people killed in the Brighton fire and the man who supposedly set the fire dying a few days later in front of a truck can reasonably be described as mysterious.

I agree most of the suicides and drug overdoses were probably suicides and drug overdoses - but at the same time those suicides and drug overdoses will at least partially be the result of their treatment at the hands of their abusers and the establishment.

There's also the one who supposedly slipped on ice on a railway bridge and fell to his death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dame Janet Smith review calling for witnesses
    http://www.damejanetsmithreview.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    McAlpine's advice on dealing with the media? Spread false defeat to gain public sympathy; or false accusation and then arrange for it to be exposed as such - so the accuser will forever be treated with suspicion.

I have to admit that running a word search through Google Books I can not find the precise phrase from the article mentioned in the in the book so presumably the Sydney Morning Herald journalist is paraphrasing its contents.It should also be noted that as someone earlier has mentioned the book is meant to be a discussion about how the idea in Machiavellis the Prince apply both to business and politics so the concepts may be lifted from the original 16th Century work

It is rather an unfortunate coincidence though.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,019
    Forum Member
    I.....
    I agree most of the suicides and drug overdoses were probably suicides and drug overdoses - but at the same time those suicides and drug overdoses will at least partially be the result of their treatment at the hands of their abusers and the establishment.

Oh whole heartedly agree, and lets not forget the pain others still alive are possibly going through with it yet again to the fore in the media....and reporters knocking on the door trying to persuade reluctant people to talk about it.

That's why I find the 'sensitive' Scallywag interviews conducted over a pub lunch far from sensitive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    round and round we go
    But are Keith & Sian just repeating what Steven said rather than from their own exoperience?

http://www.channel4.com/news/child-abuse-north-wales-waterhouse-inquiry-sian-griffiths

from 2:00 minutes in, in her own words
    It's interesting how these things keep happening to him but not to Keith Gregory who has been just as vocal about the shot comings of the investigations & inquiries.

Keith Gregory would have fought them hence why he didn't end up a rent-boy hence why he doesn't know about that side of it as a direct eye witness only from running the support group.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/13/abuse-teenage-boys-detention-centre-crime
    The morning after he arrived at Medomsley, Young was lining up for breakfast when he was picked out of the queue by Neville Husband, the officer who ran the kitchen. Young later discovered that Husband had asked for his file – he wanted to know everything about him; most importantly, whether he had family who were likely to visit him. Young was one of a handful of new inmates sent to work in the kitchen with Husband.
    "There are two things that are important to successfully sexually abuse somebody," Young says. "By successful, I mean without being prosecuted. One, anonymity or silence – if you can't carry out your act without people knowing, you're not going to be at it very long. The second thing you need is a victim who's 'reliable'; a reliable victim is someone who's already been abused to the point where, if they do speak out, who on Earth is going to believe them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clemmati wrote: »
    52.03 Detective Superintendent Ackerley gave evidence to the Tribunal that all these allegations were investigated by the police as they arose but that no evidence of any substance could be obtained to support them. Most of the persons named by Councillor King were seen (six of the boys had already been seen and were re-interviewed) but the "overwhelming tenor" of the replies was that no party of the kind alleged had taken place; and that many of the persons on the list were not known to each other. Councillor King told the police that he had received the list from Dean Nelson, who in turn had allegedly received it in the form of a sworn affidavit from a former Bryn Estyn resident; but, when Nelson was asked about the matter on 22 December 1992, he told Ackerley that he had never received such information about a party attended by homosexuals. As for the author of the Observer article, he did not have any evidence to substantiate either the headline or the contents of the article.

http://tna.europarchive.org/20040216040105/http://www.doh.gov.uk/lostincare/20154.htm

His articles from that time (in the Observer and Independent, I believe) won't be online, but libraries will have them on CD.

I think this must be the same person

https://twitter.com/DelhiDean

I found that paragrapgh so odd, King says one thing and Nelson says, 'not me guv'.

From that it looks like there was nothing to cover up of the nature some would like to suggest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    He handed the photos over the photos in 1979!!!

And as part of a cover up they were left lying around to be put with other evidence for the inquiry, over ten years later???

Ms Griffiths says a photo album was destroyed how did she know what it contained if she didn't look at the photos only knew what they consisted of by talking to Stephen?

Or looking at it another way he handed in the book of photos and the local police said the abusers weren't recognizable and did nothing about it.

After 20 years of being covered up the abuse in the North Wales homes got too big - because of the huge number of victims over the years - leading to the unpublished Jillings report and later the Waterhouse report around which time the book of photos were burnt to protect the reputation of the political establishment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought......

How difficult it must be for an abuse victim to come forward. To have to go through it all again. After being abused not only by the system, but to continue being abused.

And to have others pick your statements to bits.

But, if you have money, have had a good education, have a good lawyer you can afford to pay, it is interesting that people become wary of discussing you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found that paragrapgh so odd, King says one thing and Nelson says, 'not me guv'.

From that it looks like there was nothing to cover up of the nature some would like to suggest.

I thought it was odd too.

Nelson, I'd thought, definitely was on the side of the victims of abuse. I gave his Twitter ID in case people wanted to follow his tweets. (I can't stand Twitter, so I probably won't.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »

very good, glad they're keeping on with it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chidren in Need showing the horrible grooming video again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    round and round we go

http://www.channel4.com/news/child-abuse-north-wales-waterhouse-inquiry-sian-griffiths

from 2:00 minutes in, in her own words

Keith Gregory would have fought them hence why he didn't end up a rent-boy hence why he doesn't know about that side of it as a direct eye witness only from running the support group.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/13/abuse-teenage-boys-detention-centre-crime

She reads out what Cooke said to his probation officer re Kenyon and Meesham fine, but when she goes onto say Stephen handed pictures over to the police are those Cookes words or what Stephen said?

Again she knows a photo album was destroyed but had she seen the contents or know details of the contains?

The point I was making was about leading up to the inquiries that Keith was as vocal as Stephen about there being prominent names involved yet he hasn't had the thugs round or mishaps?

I would think there is a locally well known individual to be named but the big London thing I'm not convinced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reads out what Cooke said to his probation officer re Kenyon and Meesham fine, but when she goes onto say Stephen handed pictures over to the police are those Cookes words or what Stephen said?

Again she knows a photo album was destroyed but had she seen the contents or know details of the contains?

The point I was making was about leading up to the inquiries that Keith was as vocal as Stephen about there being prominent names involved yet he hasn't had the thugs round or mishaps?

I would think there is a locally well known individual to be named but the big London thing I'm not convinced.

We agree on that bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    taratia123 wrote: »
    Just a thought......

How difficult it must be for an abuse victim to come forward. To have to go through it all again. After being abused not only by the system, but to continue being abused.

And to have others pick your statements to bits.

But, if you have money, have had a good education, have a good lawyer you can afford to pay, it is interesting that people become wary of discussing you.

Jonathon King had money but he was imprisoned, so have others with wealth and connections.

As for the victims if you've been telling your story time and again and it's been ignored or pushed aside or not believed there's bound to be anger if finally it gets to court and what's been alledged is questioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We agree on that bit.

You realise that's 13 words!! It's an omen I tell you.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Dead man cant sue!

:rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe if you read the post properly you wouldn't have said that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I have to admit that running a word search through Google Books I can not find the precise phrase from the article mentioned in the in the book so presumably the Sydney Morning Herald journalist is paraphrasing its contents.It should also be noted that as someone earlier has mentioned the book is meant to be a discussion about how the idea in Machiavellis the Prince apply both to business and politics so the concepts may be lifted from the original 16th Century work

It is rather an unfortunate coincidence though.

I have checked the text again of the book again this time in Amazon using the 'Search inside this book' facility and it appears that the phrasing in the Sydney Morning Herald article does pretty much match exactly what is in the book . I am not sure why Google Books search could not find it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyril Smith: fears grow of abuse cover-up
    Former detective constable claims special branch tried to keep police from witness who alleged MP abused young boys

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/nov/16/cyril-smith-fears-cover-up

Another cover-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Children in Need sexual exploitation appeal film
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0119mtt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    From the Daily Star, I know, and the headline does preempt the crash investigations, to say the least, still....

"MALCOLM KING'S TERROR AS PERV SEX RING CUTS BRAKES"

extracts:

"THE whistle-blower who exposed the Welsh children’s home sex abuse scandal has cheated death in a suspect car smash after his brakes failed. Police have seized care boss Malcolm King’s motor to see if it was sabotaged. The car, a regularly-maintained Volvo S60, careered across a busy A-road and was hit side-on by an Alfa Romeo. Afterwards Mr King, 68, who suffered a broken leg, found his brake pedal unattached and lying on the car floor.

Mr King, a county councillor and former chair of North Wales Police Authority, was one of only 12 people given copies of the 1996 Jillings Report, which named every abuser.

The married dad-of-two’s brake pedal mysteriously failed on the A525 near Ruthin days after the scandal blew up again two weeks ago. Mr King said: “I pushed my foot down hard on what I thought was the brake pedal but nothing happened. “I’ve no idea whether the pedal was attached at this stage or not. “The car flew across the junction and a car coming from my right smashed into my side. “If I’d shot across the junction a split-second sooner I’d be dead because it would have hit where I was sitting rather than the bonnet. It doesn’t bear thinking about. My car, which is a write-off, is now in the hands of the crash investigators.

“It’s a good car and I’ve always maintained and serviced it regularly at the best garage in town. “The police officer at the scene told me they’d examine it very thoroughly. They said they’d go over it with a fine-tooth comb.’’

A North Wales Police spokesman confirmed officers are investigating the cause of the crash."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/282958/Malcolm-King-s-terror-as-perv-sex-ring-cuts-brakes/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »

Des Frost, the Deputy Manager at Bryn Alyn Care Home, spoke to a journalist at HTV News (which is now ITV Wales News) about the allegations. But the Waterhouse Inquiry which was investigating child abuse claims in North Wales at the time threatened the broadcaster with an injunction if the interview was used, saying it would be in contempt. It never called Des Frost as a witness.

I find the BIB good enough reason to suspect there was a cover-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.