Films rarely on tv and dvd

Comments

• Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen Major League on tv for a long time, one of the funniest films even if you don't like baseball.

This is one of the best scenes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrl4U4eIJU
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Movies4Men seem to landed a job lot of British B pictures/quota quickies - The Hand was on last week, this week its Ghost Ship with the gorgeous Hazel Court.

Film 4 came up with a largely forgotten John Wayne film the other day - The Shepherd of the Hills 1941, a beautiful colour print it was too. The scene with the cheque rammed home just how backward the Ozarks were.
  • dont_be_hastydont_be_hasty Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Corky Duke wrote: »
    Not seen Major League on tv for a long time, one of the funniest films even if you don't like baseball.

This is one of the best scenes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrl4U4eIJU

I've actually never seen this film. But i do remember seeing Major League: Back to the Minors. Think it was the 3rd one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    A Kiss Before Dying is rarely on tv ( Matt Dillon and Sean Young) good psychological thriller :eek:
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Castaway - the Ken Russell film with Oliver Reed released on video but no DVD
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Castaway - the Ken Russell film with Oliver Reed released on video but no DVD

It did do the rounds on one of the free to air movie channels last year.

And it's not 'the Ken Russel film with Oliver Reed', it's 'the Nic Roeg film with naked Amanda Donohoe'.

;)
    Forum Member
    I think it's about time channel 5 or film 4 shows us The Human Centipede...i seen it when it came out, but would love to watch it on a free view channel ..maybe they show it soon fingers crossed
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I think it's about time channel 5 or film 4 shows us The Human Centipede...i seen it when it came out, but would love to watch it on a free view channel ..maybe they show it soon fingers crossed

I thick Film4 showed it once or twice. I certainly remember watching it on tv when it was still fairly new and not quite notorious stage.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of Ken Russell, his films are criminally neglected on TV. Excepting Billion Dollar Brain and Women In Love (which a few years back both seemed to be on every six months), his 1970 to 1991 canon of incredible films suffers from severe TV and DVD neglect (apart from Tommy, which has been shown a fair few times and is easy to pick up on DVD).

Going through some VHS tapes yesterday it struck me that the very good 1987 thriller The House On Carroll Street is now very obscure (I have it on a recording with Betty Grable's glorious Coney Island). It's quite surreal to think that mainstream cinematic releases from barely two decades ago can have now practically sunk without trace.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen these on TV for a while:

D.A.R.Y.L.
    Harold & Maude
    Shy People
    Heavy
    Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon
    The Sterile Cuckoo
    Looking for Mr. Goodbar
    Chicago Cab
  • JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of Ken Russell, his films are criminally neglected on TV. Excepting Billion Dollar Brain and Women In Love (which a few years back both seemed to be on every six months), his 1970 to 1991 canon of incredible films suffers from severe TV and DVD neglect (apart from Tommy, which has been shown a fair few times and is easy to pick up on DVD).

Going through some VHS tapes yesterday it struck me that the very good 1987 thriller The House On Carroll Street is now very obscure (I have it on a recording with Betty Grable's glorious Coney Island). It's quite surreal to think that mainstream cinematic releases from barely two decades ago can have now practically sunk without trace.

'Lady Sings the Blues' with Diana Ross - just saying recently I'd love to see this again.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

D.A.R.Y.L.

Is on More > Movies a lot.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I thick Film4 showed it once or twice. I certainly remember watching it on tv when it was still fairly new and not quite notorious stage.

Nope, Human Centipede hasn't been on freeview yet, although I think the Horror Channel showed it to ride the wave of controversy.
    Forum Member
    intruder2k wrote: »
    Nope, Human Centipede hasn't been on freeview yet, although I think the Horror Channel showed it to ride the wave of controversy.

i would have recorded it if HC was on free view..i always looking for it in tv book :p..Yea it been on Horror Channel
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Photographing faries, an excellent British film. Never been on DVD. Rarely on bbc2.....
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Is on More > Movies a lot.

I'd never heard of that channel until now. I'll check the schedule to see if D.A.R.Y.L. is on soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    There's a Canadian comedy from 1997 called 'The Wrong Guy'.I saw it about 10 or 11 years ago on BBC2.The film has never been released over here in dvd.It's only available on region 1.
    I probably watched the same screening (I think it was on a Saturday night) and kept looking for it for years afterwards. Downloaded it in the end. ;)
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Never see any versions of The Blob on tv. Not sure if the new version has ever been shown (Kevin Dillon version)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Never see any versions of The Blob on tv. Not sure if the new version has ever been shown (Kevin Dillon version)

I don't remember ever seeing the Kevin Dillon version either. I remember quite enjoying it at the pictures.

The original is rarely shown, but I definitely saw it on TV about 30 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Sole Survivor

Really hard to get a copy of this one. I have one but it's ripped from a VHS copy of when it was aired last on TV a couple of decades ago.

Shame. It's a great film.
    Forum Member
    i think The Blob has been on..like other poster above said about 30 years ago :D
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It did do the rounds on one of the free to air movie channels last year.

And it's not 'the Ken Russel film with Oliver Reed', it's 'the Nic Roeg film with naked Amanda Donohoe'.

;)

Youre quite right - silly me :) But would still like a DVD release of this film or Russels Whicked Lady.
    Iv'e just bought a DVD of The Medusa Touch starring Richard Burton, not seen this for years, paid £2.00 for it in a charity shop.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I don't remember ever seeing the Kevin Dillon version either. I remember quite enjoying it at the pictures.

The original is rarely shown, but I definitely saw it on TV about 30 years ago.

The original was last shown in 2008, you can always check at www.viewfilm.net if need be.

The remake was shown on TV many, many years ago, that's where I saw it the first time. I liked it enough to go out and buy it on VHS at the time.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

D.A.R.Y.L.
    Harold & Maude
    Shy People
    Heavy
    Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon
    The Sterile Cuckoo
    Looking for Mr. Goodbar
    Chicago Cab

I only really recognise BIB.:o It has some pretty horrific violence against women, as I recall. Difficult to justify showing in the current nervous climate, I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only really recognise BIB.:o It has some pretty horrific violence against women, as I recall. Difficult to justify showing in the current nervous climate, I guess.
    Does it present the violence as a good thing?